The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Darren’s Flat Tips 2013

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Darren’s Flat Tips 2013

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7870

This thread be my tips on the flat season i focus on handicap races mainly with listed and group races tomorrow tips are.

NOCTURN 3.00 Windsor

Along with William Haggas.Jermey Noseda is another i follow with lightly raced horses in handicaps.And this horse was unlucky at Lingfield.But won well last time more to come from this horse.

MOONSHINE MAGIC 4.50 Curragh

She won her first 2races last year so more of a early season horse her trainer is in red hot form.And can take this group race.

RED ORATOR 3.10 Bath

Made a pleasing return when in was touched off at Wolverhampton after leading for the whole of the race.This step up 2m will suit and won a good race at Ascot last year can progress again.

SIZZLER 4.20 Kempton

Won at Kempton last time when travelling very well to win quite easy.More to come from this horse from a yard who had a cracking year at Kempton.

KOHLAAN 4.50 Warwick

I like horses having there handicap debuts like them from yards like Noseda,Haggas and Roger Varain who is a smart trainer.
    This horse behind THEODORE GERCUIT who has gone in again.And this let in lightly he has.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7870

TRUE VERDICT 2.45 Curragh

Was behind Sky Lantern last year who won 1000 guineas yesterday.Should at least be picking up a maiden and today the day.

Another David Watchman horse i like today is

COUGAR RIDGE 4.20 Curragh

Though he does not like going behind the stalls this colt has a lot of abilty and can win today.

• Total Posts 614

Good luck sir 8)

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Good luck mate, you have a very good eye for ante post so it will be interesting to see how you get on :-)

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7870

Thank you GDC and Lone Wolf had 2winners from my selections today and a NR so a decent day today.Chester be my next tips this week.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Darren,you and I go back quite a long way on here we do,and yet You are a difficult guy to assess you are.I have always rated your opinion I have and I do think you remind me a bit of me you do.A couple of questions for you if you dont mind me asking.
    How old are you?
    How long have you been into Horseracing?
    What percentage of your bets are Ante-Post?
    Whereabouts in the Country are you based?
    Do you frequent any Racecourses?
    Do you Lay horses?
    Do you have a Betfair Account?
    Your All time Fav Horse?
    Do you study horses on line?

PM me your answers if you wish,
    Cheers Pal.
    I shall be watching this thread closely,I expect you to see it through too and remember you will have losing streaks,when you do you stick to your principles of doing exactly the same thing you do when you are winning.Good Luck I’m pleased you are having a go as you come across as an unassuming character who’s very unconfrontational and modest.Confidence is King remember! :wink:

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Darren: il have a guess at some answers:

About 25 years old
    Way down south either Kent or London
    Horses about 5 years
    Ante post about 10 0/0

:-)

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7870

Been into racing for quite a bit but only started betting in 2007
    but once on derby day my family were having a pound bet i put my pound on a horse called Benny the dip. i had no idea of the form just liked the name think i was 12 then.Am 29 now gord i am in London no betfair account for me do not lay horses i never been to a racetrack. i watch replays of racing as well also i had a tipping thread on here where i had the first 4winners on oaks day last year which were two big ante post bets on WAS and CAMELOT.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7870

2 horses intrest me today the 1st is below.

BRIGHT GLOW 5.10 Kempton

I like following horses having there debut in a handicap and David Lanigan is one to follow.He has a good record at Kempton.And i expect BRIGHT GLOW to win showed decent form at 2.

GREATEST 8.35 Navan

Was trained by Michael Stoute but last few runs been with Tommy Carmody he ran best race last time at this trip and i think this be best trip for him.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7870

SIR JOHN HAWKWOOD 1.45 Chester

I expect this horse to be in group races at end of the year and he can take this handicap before moving up in grade.

BONFIRE 2.15 Chester

Won dante last year but did not build on that win made a decent start at Newmarket will come on for that run.And am expecting a big performance by him.

softie
    Participant
    • Total Posts 199

Best of luck Darren, can i suggest you keep a profit and loss record as it helps those following the thread?

Just a thought.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7870

Nice thought softie but i just put my tips up i will not concerned over a profit or loss on here.

Last bet today is

PROOFREADER 5.05 Chester

Untill the rain come down today was not going to back him but am now.Won a maiden at Newmarket before going for handicap at Doncaster where he got beat.He still ahead of handicapper and be rated higher this year.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7870

2 tips for friday

MAGICIAN 2.15 Chester

Ran ok at 2 but was always going to be a horse to follow at 3 the trainer won derby trail today and this horse could give him this one too.

SECRECT TALENT 7.40 Ascot

Won a maiden at Kempton very easy will progress more and Ryan Moore on him has had winners at course for this trainer.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7870

Only two bets in big handicap at Ascot today they are

JAMSIE 14/1

He runs well in these big handicaps and deserves to pick one of them up his trainer has good record to.

BRONZE PRINCE 40/1

Won at Ascot before and won on aw as well last time out not always perform on turf but i think he go well today.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Hi Darren, good luck with the thread for this year. I’m another who’d be interested in seeing a profit/loss record, but that’s your own prerogative. You’ve had some nice ante post coups in recent years so I’ll be paying particular attention to those :)

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7870

Tips for Windsor tonight.

GLORIOUS PROTECTOR 6.20

Ran well behind Telescope in 2yo debut also ran another good race at Newbury last time.He step up on that performance to win this race.

WORLD RECORD 6.50

Made the running when winning at Lingfield last month and Richard Hughes on board out of the pair from Hannon yard in race.
    If gets to lead tonight on this course which favours front runners be hard to peg back.

FURY 7.20

Only one win last year in a listed race he is the class horse in this lineup though is frustrating as well.Can run well tonight.

PLENUM 7.50

Kept missing the start as a 2yo hope he learned from that and does not do it tonight.But was always a horse to look forward to in handicaps.

PLUTOCRACY 8.20

Ran in some decent maidens at 2 but never looked like winning them
    but his trainer had 2winners last week. and runners from yard are hitting form.He could end up with a double.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7870

Thank you Tommy a ante post bet is coming soon in this thread.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.