The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

County Hurdle

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham Archive Cheltenham 2023 County Hurdle

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7473

My figures have Gin Coco 9/1 5lbs clear and looks an ideal type for a Cheltenham Festival handicap, lightly raced and progressive. The rest around that one in the betting all look exposed now except Hunters Yarn who would be scond choice, anothewr lightly raced and progressive. Others may get involved by the two look very strong.

• Total Posts 14971

I’m another for Sharjah here, and despite his last abysmal run, I’ve given Faivoir another chance here. He’s surely better than that, and I’ll hold out hope it was ground related

Faivoir 50’s EW 8pls
    Ganapathi EW 8pls
    Sharjah

Participant
    • Total Posts 1035

I also have gone for Favoir. Skelton has his runners ready for the County Hurdle. Favoir didn’t run that badly last year and is now on a 9 pound lower mark. I also like Path d’Oroux and Filey Bay. The last one should have won the Betfair Hurdle but he waited too long to get Aucunrisque back. Should have another big race in him.

Filey Bay 6/1
    Path d’Oroux 16/1 EW
    Favoir 50/1 EW

Avatar photoHe Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5935

Adding Gin coco to my 2 , Pied really should run a big race and he def won’t mind the ground , norhing brings in a better run this season

TheTinMan87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1030

I’ve backed Pinkerton ew, race should suit his run style if he doesn’t find too much traffic.

Quite liked Milkwood for similar reasons to why people like Sharjah, old horse not the force of old but given half a chance by the ‘capper, but he won’t want this ground and I can see Ayr being his race again, hopefully after he shows up okay and finishes midfield in this getting another few lbs back for the more suitable race.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6158

Could well be wrong but i am just putting a line through that Betfair hurdle this year. No chance the ground was good but more like a road. Difficult to see two horses miles clear of a big field handicap like that.

Glory and Fortune EW @ 66’s 6 places

Surprised he ran at Newbury and never took much notice of him during the race but watched the replay a couple of weeks ago his legs were all over the place, it just looked abnormal to my untrained eye.

Back to his Betfair mark of last year more or less which has worked out well and that Champion hurdle fifth has worked out really well this week. Just that nagging doubt now that going chasing might of messed him up in some way.

Highway one o two EW @ 80’s 6 places

Nagging doubts that he may not be as well handicapped than i thought after that Newbury run but if he is then a cracking price.

Lots if if’s and but’s in an absolute minefield. :scratch:

Participant
    • Total Posts 1759

Saint Sam and Anna Bunina, both each way.
    Best of luck if you pick the winner in this one! :wacko:

Participant
    • Total Posts 1759

Added Highway One O Two each way (1st 6) at 100s (BOG).
    Couldnt pick a Win Only, quite frankly.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7543

Pied Piper is my main bet in this, the class act and his season coming together, got ews on
    Path D’Oroux
    Winter Fog
    Saint Sam
    as well.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7667

I sided with Gin Coco in the end. 11-1 ew 6 places.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7667

Wd DBR. wd Vtc. wd winners.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2367

great tipping lads!!!!!!!

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7543

Good stuff Bobby and DBR :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 1759

WD winners.
    VTC – guess the fire brigade is permanently on stand by outside yours?! :whistle:

I had a nice e/w pickup on Highway at 100s :good:

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7543

Good stuff with that ew Wilts, he ran a cracker

Participant
    • Total Posts 1759

Yeah, just before the last i thought he was going to run out of puff completely and finish well back, but kept on. Great run for a 100/1 shot. :good:

Tizaaards Cider
    Participant
    • Total Posts 639

Venture to cognac.

Are you single?

I don’t even swing that way but I could always be tempted by a man with the money you must have!

You’re now officially my man crush!

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.