The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

County Hurdle

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham Archive Cheltenham 2023 County Hurdle

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Silver Spoon
    Participant
    • Total Posts 450

I’ve bet Ganapathi here at 66-1, with the usual nrnb 5pls etc

The other one that I’m interested in right now is The Very Man at 50-1

Participant
    • Total Posts 2367

Does anyone know if Hunters Yarn is likely to go here? I see he’s entered in both this and the Supreme.

Will happily back him in this if he’s a runner, should probably just take the current odds as it’s NRNB anyway now that I think about it.

Participant
    • Total Posts 3887

I think he is yeah…most are NRNB anyway?

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Participant
    • Total Posts 1035

@Ben

Jamie Codd mentioned him for the Supreme. I don’t think he is closely involved with Mullins, but he might have heard something.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2367

Nice one guys, if that’s the case I’ll probably still back him for this with NRNB!

Blocked
    • Total Posts 12999

Is there a State Man – an unexposed horse far better than its mark – among the entries, is the first question to ask yourself.

If there isn’t, has the BHA finally got a grip on the Irish entries, with a series of more punitive than ever additional imposts which wipe out the edges of recent years.

If that’s the case, the door opens to a possible British-trained winner and the domestic form book actually being of some use.

I haven’t got a strong view at the moment and haven’t had a bet.

I am "The Horse Racing Punter" on Facebook
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Ian_Davies_
    https://www.facebook.com/ThePointtoPointNHandFlatracingpunter/
    It's the "Millwall FC" of Point broadcasts: "No One Likes Us - We Don't Care"

Participant
    • Total Posts 3887

147 doesn’t seem no gimme on Hunters Yarn anyway.

With the possible Irish good thing limiter in place, i do think Sharjah will run a massive race. Horses do well in this with a lot of experience. See Aramon, Belfast Banter, Ch’tibello and the likes. His last run isn’t as bad as it looks and it’s a run to hopefully bring him to the boil for this.
    I can see the appeal of something like Gin Coco or Pembroke but i’ll stick with the one Sharjah for now.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7667

I like Sharjah as well 11-1 ew 5 places. Down to 155 after 2 runs on his less preferred ground. I prefer to wait ’til the day for the handicaps but this one might end up single figures.

Avatar photoHe Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5935

Looking at the recent renewals it’s more of a race for a young unexposed horse than a older one on a handicap fall , he,s a class act but I can’t help think they’ll be one or 2 at the weights better than him , hope to see Gin coco here

Participant
    • Total Posts 3887

A lot of people are suggesting there won’t be a WPM novice hidden under wraps due to the new rules- that rules out 2 of the last 3 winners- Aramon who placed behind Saint Roi was running in G1s before his 2nd to Saint Roi and had 12 starts.

Belfast Banter was a younger horse but won it on his 15th hurdles start? 2nd to him was 10yo Petit Mouchoir we know plenty about him.

State Man’s year there was only one old foggie running and that was Felix Desjy a 66/1 shot, so nothing of Sharjah’s level.

I do like Gin Coco myself, but not sure recent renewal’s rule out an old boy totally as the “unexposed” types have to had 4 runs.

I’ve backed Sharjah but i’ll certainly be betting probably 2 here, Gin Coco currently holding top spot to be added

Participant
    • Total Posts 2367

Arctic Fire won the county didnt he? Pretty sure it was this handicap he won, so yeah you guys could certainly be onto something with the Sharjah pick! Might have to follow you in along with Hunters Yarn!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8863

Correct Ben. I was just about to post the same thing.

I will be backing two in the race. Sharjah and something a bit more lightly raced that might be well in.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32124

Hunters Yarn will more than likely come here
    conections have Dark Raven for the Supreme and his only other entry is the Ballymore in which they have Impaire Et Passe, so you’d expect Mullins to split them up leaving Hunters Yarn here

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7667

Due to the damp forecast I’ve decided to wait until nearer the time.

Autumnal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 570

Sharjah at 14/1 for me, with an ew play on Anna Bunina. I suspect that I can name my own price on her

Participant
    • Total Posts 3887

If it’s heavy i’d be a little concerned on Sharjah, but he’s handling soft ground better these days. This would be a pretty big result for me so weather gods, don’t go CRAZY! lol.

Avatar photoHe Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5935

Pied Piper will def be a play here , he,s the class act , further down the handicap Ganapathi will be a play

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.