The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Corruption at an End..Taggart is on the Job!!

Home Forums Lounge Corruption at an End..Taggart is on the Job!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    doyley
    Participant
    • Total Posts 567

Hello,

Thought I would have a look at the new Taggart series last night.<br>Obviously set in Scotland, apparently within 4 minutes drive from Glasgow city centre :) <br>Backdrop was doping horses’ and selling of information.<br>A couple of insignificant murders’ decorated the scene, a hopeless gambler [played by me!:( ], and an owner’s wife.<br> Ignoring the murders I concentrated my attention on the Doping/Betting/Selling of information scams:-

> Taggart actually visited a Racecourse [Jumps], could not recognize it, possibly Kelso. He ordered an immediate Dope Test on horse prior to it entering the Parade Ring. It was confirmed it was doped within 2 minutes ???  Superb,  a 2 minute dope test…all horses should under go the test prior to EVERY Race.

> The Betting Scam, backing losers on Betfair, was easily solved by the Scots Wizard. Last 20 Favourites from same stable, ridden by same jockey who knew his steeds’ were all doped, laid to lose on the Exchanges.

All this information was uncovered by The Glasgow Rockford within One, [or to be fair, two] Days.

All concerned arrested, cremated or ridiculed within 3 days’ tops!

Why, Oh Why, isn’t Taggart’s Team hired immediately by the UK Racing Authorities instead of the City of London Police who have taken an age to get anything near Court!! :cool:

regards,

doyley

robnorthrobnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4567

Quote: from doyley on 1:08 pm on Jan. 4, 2007[br]> Taggart actually visited a Racecourse [Jumps], could not recognize it, possibly Kelso. He ordered an immediate Dope Test on horse prior to it entering the Parade Ring. It was confirmed it was doped within 2 minutes ???  Superb,  a 2 minute dope test…all horses should under go the test prior to EVERY Race.

I’m pretty sure it was Ayr racecourse.

The continuity of the racecourse shots left much to be desired. Within the same fairly short conversation there were shots in the following order

a) horses circling the paddock with jockeys mounted<br>b) horses circling the paddock with no jockeys<br>c) horses returning to the unsaddling enclosure

Then again, I’m probably the only sad b****** who noticed!

But most importantly, the programme had it’s usual sponsor, the letter R, as in MURRRRDERRRR.

Rob<br>

(Edited by robnorth at 1:24 pm on Jan. 4, 2007)

doyley
    Participant
    • Total Posts 567

Hello,

I wrongly called the lead detective, "Taggart", he of course was played by a wooden actor called McManus, who subsequently died of Dutch Elm Disease in the nineties, I think.

Further useless info. the plank of an actor was also the brother of a lad called Connelly who fronted the "pop" group SWEET….I digress, he is also brown bread.

Damn, I am turning into Thommo…..:o

regards,

doyley

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

Steady on, Taggart was a legend.. Can’t have a bad word said against him.. :angry:

CarryOnRacing
    • Total Posts 48

Taggart for the BHB/Horse Racing Board/British Racing Authority whatever it’s called nowadays!!

I think the course may have been Musselburgh..

Kevin
    • Total Posts 295

The course was Ayr. Not sure whose gallops they used.

Its not real Doyley. Only fiction. However up here they use a breathalyser for the commonest stimulant, Buckfast Tonic wine, which only takes minutes.<br>

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.