The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Coronation Stakes

Home Forums Archive Topics Royal Ascot 2018 Coronation Stakes

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Ben_BernankeBen_Bernanke
    Participant
    • Total Posts 638

Anyone had a play in the race? For me the bet looks to be WIND CHIMES at 7/1, she finished very strongly in the French 1000gns having raced wide and at the back of the field to go down by a very narrow margin. The only concern would be the straight mile but she way she cruised through the race last time out in the home straight makes me think she should handle the course just fine come June.

charlie87charlie87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 803

I am all over WIND CHIMES as well Ben. Backed at 16’s, 14’s and most recently 8’s. I thought that run in the French 1000gns was very impressive. Jumped out poorly and there was clearly no intention to sit out the back and come off the pace as Boudot was pushing her along in the first 4 furlongs to race more prominently. Last turning in and only really saw daylight 3f out but as soon as Boudot gets to work she flew past most of the field to finish 3rd. Disadvantaged by the switch of track and wide draw, yet still showed enough to think that on another day she could have hosed up.

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1843

Will Wind Chimes go for the Coronation or French Oaks?

stevecautionstevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8280

Andre Fabre said that Musis Amica was going for the Prix Diane. He added that there was no firm plan with Wind Chimes but that the Coronation Stakes was an option.

I’m still miffed that Wind Chimes didn’t land the French Guineas and the jockey was in no way getting after her the way the pilot on Musis Amica was shovelling the coal on like Casey Jones on acid. 14/1 urinated down the drain :negative:

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1843

cheers steve , I looked everywhere for a statement but couldn’t find one.

thanks again

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5768

Wind Chimes 10/1 with power i agree with you guys on her i like her to hope she come here

Ben_BernankeBen_Bernanke
    Participant
    • Total Posts 638

Well I’m all ready to back her but this talk of the French oaks is making me wary as i don’t think any books are NRNB yet

Ben_BernankeBen_Bernanke
    Participant
    • Total Posts 638

I M fuuuuuuuuuuuuks got work at 5.30am can’t wait

charlie87charlie87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 803

Great news for Wind Chimes backers as Wind Chimes has been given the green light by Andre Fabre to travel to Royal Ascot.

https://www.sportinglife.com/racing/news/chimes-handed-coronation-mission/148538

Great news

botchy1botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3444

Just a heads up for anyone thinking of backing Wind Chimes, she has been supplemented for a race in France on Sunday. Maybe a hold fire job :unsure:

Ben_BernankeBen_Bernanke
    Participant
    • Total Posts 638

Thanks for that info botchy, to be honest Billesdon Brook looks the standout bet at the prices, if she was an o brien horse she’d probably be 4/6 for this race and rightly so, there seemed no fluke about her win last time out

GingertipsterGingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26480

Had two long range ante-post bets for the 1000 Guineas, Clemmie and Alpha Centauri. Former got injured/not ready in time, latter missed it too and then won the Irish version – putting up a better performance than the English 1000 winner. I’ll probably be backing them both (may be one as a saver). Really believe those two have far more potential than their rivals with similar form. However, one a little below that level still with potential to make the grade is Threading. 20/1 looks massive! It’s rapidly going, so if you want to get on suggest doing it now.

value is everything
    KevMcKevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1221

Veracious worth an e/w go at 20s NRNB.

If Stoute thinks she’s fit enough to run she’s no 20s shout and if he’s not she won’t run and you get your £ back.

stevecautionstevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8280

I’ve done Veracious at 14/1.

I had her at 25/1 for the Guineas but she missed the race.

I am sort of torn between Alpha Centauri and Veracious because Alpha Centauri was an early play for me in the Guineas, only to run two hummers on soft before landing the Irish version, having been available and tipped up by Simon Rowlands at 33/1 beforehand.

I’ll take a chance on the Stoute filly with the stable hitting form this week.

I can’t have Clemmie at the odds. She needed the run last time out but looks poor value unproven over the trip and some of Aidan’s fillies have disappointed quite badly this week.

A couple of firms seem confident of a Veracious comeback because they are only going 7/1 on her. I suspect that she may be lower across the boards in the morning at this rate.

Veracious 14/1 for me and I may have a saver on Alpha Centauri if she drifts to 5/1. £2 Forecast the pair.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

GingertipsterGingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26480

Market seems to be speaking against Clemmie, out to 6/1. :wacko:

Not at full fitness yet?

value is everything
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.