The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Coral Cup 2024

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham Archive Cheltenham 2024 Coral Cup 2024

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7543

Plenty of class, a few pounds lower than his good run in the County last year, intermediate distance probably suit best and this is the target:

Ballyadam 25-1 ew 5pl b365

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3467

Ive been fascinated watching langer dan tumble back down to 141 all season with the “spring brings it out of him” excuse, thinking surely they wont drop him again surely they wont drop him etc, to eventually thinking right, on the wednesday anything 6/1 and bigger ill be ploughing into, literally all in

But then he bled LTO, now i cannot back him

To now ill be laying him

Some game this

Participant
    • Total Posts 4675

Doddiethegreat 12-1 e/w five places.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6657

Langer dan seems to win every time I back him

Unfortunately I backed him for this before he ran last time

I got a better price than he is now but he’s now bled

Still hopeful he will win but not as bullish as I was

GM23
    Participant
    • Total Posts 508

When did he bleed, after his last run?

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6657

Yes

Always behind, hampered by faller 4 out (vet said gelding bled from the nose) (op 50/1)

Autumnal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 570

GaG, I’m with you, and my ap shout is Ballyadam 25/1 nrnb

Participant
    • Total Posts 1929

FIRST STREET 20/1

Had wind surgery in the off-season, has run 4 times this campaign, thrice over timber at 2-2m1f in listed, grade 1 and grade 2. In the picture in all 3 and may be crying out for this trip. Well entered up but Nicky pointed this race as likeliest so I am on.

I liked the credentials of SHANBALLY KID for this but it looks like he’s headed to the Martin Pipe. That could change, we’ll see.

• Total Posts 14971

Shanbally Kid hasn’t went the route I expected this year, but I’ll bet him just now, and hopefully it gets in, at a price, I can add EW

Shanbally Kid 33’s NRNB

Participant
    • Total Posts 6296

I am with FIRST STREET too folks but am worried by Nicky’s form :wacko:

Will Doddie get in? Looks doubtful to me

Avatar photoHe Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5935

Might I , he hasn’t really taken to fences so no surprise to see him here , ran a cracker in the Martin Pipe with lumps of weight last season , he’s in a number of my lucky 15s

Participant
    • Total Posts 3887

Built by Ballymore has the makings of another top horse for Brassil. I’ll probably look daft in a year or two but i’d say he’s a G1 chaser in time. 139 isn’t bad and the ground having juice will be a big bonus.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

I had backed Built By Ballymore for the Martin Pipe, but I think he is too short in this race. I think the conditionals race would have been the better option for an inexperienced horse.

I have backed him several times. Initially, he lost his way after a very promising start in a bumper. He was my best winner of the season when easily landing a gamble at Limerick. Last time was really puzzling as it looked to me as if Slevin was all over the shop before the horse picked up seemingly of its own accord. The Coral Cup is chalk and cheese to those small field races, and he could end up being lost in the pack. I backed the same connections runner up last year, and somehow Slevin managed to get that beat. That one was available at a big price, but the market is now very wary of Brassil, and any value has dried up.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4675

“Will Doddie get in? Looks doubtful to me”

Doddie did indeed get in, and with room to spare.

GB1960
    Participant
    • Total Posts 90

Think Da Capo Glory could surprise for one of the smaller Irish Trainers

Each Way…currently 33-1 with six places

7th!

TheTinMan87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1030

Not only did Doddie get in but the race didn’t even fill and the bottom weight is only running off a mark in the low 120s. With the top rated only 147 this isn’t the strongest Coral Cup and you can see why Mullins switched Sa Majeste this way, could also be a big pointer towards Quai Du Bourbon and Waterford Whispers being very well fancied for the Pipe for Mullins and JP respectively.

Interesting race still my shortlist is well not very short. Will probably see how the horses run on day 1 as there are a few connected formlines on show.

Agreed about Martin Brassil, particularly those running in the colours Built By Ballymore is in, very interesting horses and that man can get a horse to Cheltenham primed to the minute with something hidden from the handicapper but they are no longer the value they once were following the exploits of Fastorslow and An Epic Song and if anything they’ve gone the other way and are overbet.

• Total Posts 14971

Happy that Shanbally goes here, and although not hit a great record in this, I’m definitely adding a couple here.

Brazil is a regular of mine, and though you never quite know what you’re going to get, he’s well capable of this

Zanndabad is out the weights, but he fair caught the eye last time, and he has the look of a proper unexposed lurker here

The presence of Benson gives me a headache here, and I’ll no miss a Sandy Thomson winner at those odds. He’s a sentimental choice though, aside from here, as I can’t put him up after his last run, and his effort in this last year.

Happy to put three up in this, despite my record, as I do like this race, and probably happier with this trio than I have been with selections in it for a few seasons

Brazil 16’s
    Shanbally Kid 33’s NRNB
    Zanndabad 20’s

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 72 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.