The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Coquerelle

Home Forums Horse Racing Coquerelle

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Prufrock
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2081

Stop trying to wrest the "Mordin’s biggest critic" title away from me: you can’t have it. :cool:

zilzal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 669

For what its worth the ground should dry out to the fast side of good by race time (barring an unlikely thunder shower)

I’m giving Battle Paint another chance in the 2.15 from his form with Lawman in his first outing this season. He’s surely better than his last race suggests.

A bientot…

madman marz
    • Total Posts 707

Don’t be surprised to see Sweet Lily run a big race, just because Passage of Time ran poorly in the Oaks, people might crab the form, Cecil’s Filly patently didn’t stay. Sweet Lily needs to improve, but its hardly a vintage Diane field.<br>Incidently no Aidan O Brien runners, a rare occurence.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Muisidora form is worth very little imo. We know enough of Sweet Lily from her 2yo campaign that she is probably no better than a low to mid 100’s filly. As TDK, it will be a massive shock if the local fillies cannot put her in her place.

Regarding Coquerelle, the way Rouget has campaigned her suggests she’s always been very highly regarded. Most of his horses build their way up from the Provinces, but this one was sent to Deauville on her debut.

madman marz
    • Total Posts 707

Quote: from thedarkknight on 11:18 am on June 10, 2007[br]

Quote: from madman marz on 11:15 am on June 10, 2007[br]Don’t be surprised to see Sweet Lily run a big race, just because Passage of Time ran poorly in the Oaks, people might crab the form, Cecil’s Filly patently didn’t stay. Sweet Lily needs to improve, but its hardly a vintage Diane field.<br>Incidently no Aidan O Brien runners, a rare occurence.

Couldn’t disagree more. With Vadapolina, Coquerelle, West Wind, Believe Me and Cinnamon Bay in the race it looks a cracking field and I would be amazed if Channon’s beast is up to it…

They have been generally beaten each other, none of them have proven themselves out of the top drawer yet. Vadapolina has only won a Group 3, although quiet easily. Maybe there is a super filly in the race, but their form so far doesn’t bare that out.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

I’m surprised Coquerelle is only 5/2 with Corals. The shortest price on the high street. Seems like other odds compilers jhave even less time for Mordin’s methods.;)

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

TDK- I really didn’t deserve such an informative answer. I was being rather mischevious.

Agree about Vadapolina. Her Cleopatre win was most impressive and she was probably value for more like 6 lengths than the two and a half she won.

Gareth Flynn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 583

The funny thing is that Mordin wrote that piece after Coquerelle’s seasonal debut at Longchamp, without knowing that the race was mis-timed.

The funnier thing is that she came out and won a Group 1 on her next start anyway.

Gareth Flynn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 583

That’ll be the West Wind who was beaten just 3/4 length in the race referenced by Mordin above.

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1891

Coquerelle was reported – I believe, in the Mirror – to have been sent straight to the lasix-tolerant US, presumably having broken a blood vessel.

Gareth Flynn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 583

Something similar was mentioned in the RP race analysis.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.