The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Constitution Hill

Home Forums Horse Racing Constitution Hill

Viewing 17 posts - 715 through 731 (of 1,517 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4675

“as Jane Mangan said on RTV today, should a handicap be worth so much more prize money than a Grade 1?”

Should a mediocre presenter be paid more than a good one?

Participant
    • Total Posts 5683

Россия – священная наша держава,
    Россия – любимая наша страна.
    Могучая воля, великая слава –
    Твое достоянье на все времена!
    The Vonstitution !

This has gone global. They are even singing his praises in Leningrad !

Participant
    • Total Posts 2028

“as Jane Mangan said on RTV today, should a handicap be worth so much more prize money than a Grade 1?”
    3-mile chasing has always been the most competitive, lucrative, and prestigious class of NH racing. We actually need more lucrative handicaps rather than Grade 1s

Participant
    • Total Posts 2028

I’d love to see CH go for the Irish and Punchestown Champion Hurdles; might be better cleaning up this year before Facile Vega graduates to open competition

Blocked
    • Total Posts 12999

“might be better cleaning up this year before Facile Vega graduates to open competition”

Ratings aren’t everything but the RPR have Facile Vega’s achievements in bumpers 35lb behind Constitution Hill’s achievements over hurdles thus far.

Facile Vega is a very nice prospect, but to suggest that quite possibly the best hurdler since Istabraq, or even Night Nurse, or even EVER, and is still far from fully exposed, needs to make hay while the sun shines because a bumper champion who hasn’t even jumped a hurdle in public yet is coming from him, well, words fail!

I am "The Horse Racing Punter" on Facebook
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Ian_Davies_
    https://www.facebook.com/ThePointtoPointNHandFlatracingpunter/
    It's the "Millwall FC" of Point broadcasts: "No One Likes Us - We Don't Care"

Participant
    • Total Posts 1508

You’re up early Ian, getting dressed up for Church?

Me? I’ve just been “checking on me bike”, going back to bed now.

I've stumbled on the side of twelve misty mountains
    I've walked and I crawled on six crooked highways
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 12999

If only I had a bike to check on – how the other half live.

I’m trying to remember the last time I was in a church – Harvest Festival when I was at school in the 1970s?

Constitution Hill is my religion!

Avatar photoHe Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5935

Purwell Ian already has a CH shrine in his house , when he wins the champion hurdle we are all going there to take pray and thank God that he runs amongst us

Blocked
    • Total Posts 12999

HDLG knows – I’m giving serious consideration to offering him the position of High Priest at the Church on “The Hill.”

I’d offer him the top-dog Pope gig, but Ben bagged that months ago.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5935

I’m in , I was in as soon as Ian mentioned ” Virgins ” , I feel it’s my duty to take care of them …. We are starting to write the first chapter of the CH bible , ” And on the first day did God deliver to Nicholas of Lambourn a young foal of power and grace ”

Colin Phillips
    Participant
    • Total Posts 313

A very impressive performance but just a little concern about how low he gets at the flights. Very good/great hurdlers have been caught out by Cheltenham’s undulations (I know he won at this year,s festival but he won’t be running against novices in March) and perhaps I have too much imagination and an increasingly squeamish view of jump-racing not helped by seeing Portibello being fatally injured when falling at the last in the race preceding race to the Fighting Fifth. I seem to have a vague memory of a very good hurdler (Kybo???) losing his life when tipping up at a hurdle when travelling like a winner. No doubt AP Racing will correct me as I suspect my memory may be faulty. It’certainly not a scenario that I want to see played out but it is such thoughts that stop me watching jump races, I made the exception yesterday because of the rave reports I have read on here with regard to Constitution Hill, certainly not hyped at all.

Stay safe all horses.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5935

He,s the 2nd coming ….the hurdles in March will fall before him … He,’ll be fine , no worries on his huddling

TakeYourTime
    Participant
    • Total Posts 593

It was a pleasure to see ‘The Hill’ in the flesh yesterday. Nothing special to look at in the ring particularly, he did appear a remarkably relaxed and gentle horse. He is an absolute savage on the track though. Scintillating performance.

L’Homme Presse was an absolute standout in the Rehearsal Chase. Had backed Happygolucky beforehand but went straight back to the on course bookie and backed L’Homme Presse as well. Another top performance on the day.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8863

“Just a little concern about how low he gets at the flights.”

Isn’t that what a good hurdler is meant to do?

Participant
    • Total Posts 5935

Akin to a human hurdler .. Fastest way over , Chapman mentioned Dawn run yesterday …. he maybe the 1 one day

TheTinMan87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1030

He was really good, couldn’t fault him. Saying all of that I’ve seen some saying Honeysuckle has never beaten a horse like Epatante like that – she has plenty of times just not last March. The question for me is was that because Honeysuckle is getting older and she’s been better in previous years? She probably needs to be better than ever to beat Constitution Hill. Epatante is a grand mare but she’s no superstar dead heating with Not So Sleepy in this last year, she’s been beaten by Silver Streak and Maries Rock in her career. She’s a solid benchmark to the division but probably runs in the mares race this year not the CH. To me yesterday confirmed he’s the real deal and could be one of the best but the stuff on the post website today/yesterday about being the greatest of all time after winning one grade one in open company is ludicrous. As others have said his price is okay but consider he is up against a mare who just keeps winning, very hard to put a number on her.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5935

Tin man we are all excited about the potential , he was effortless yesterday , he was eased down and yet still gave a sensational time in the ground , it’s the way he picks up that excites me , she just won’t have answer to that

Viewing 17 posts - 715 through 731 (of 1,517 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.