The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Constitution Hill

Home Forums Horse Racing Constitution Hill

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 1,517 total)
  • Author
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 12999

Is the best Supreme winner since Golden Cygnet (as I tweeted circa 2.30pm yesterday after confirmation of the time).

Would have beaten Honeysuckle yesterday.

Will beat her when they meet.

Will win the 2023 Champion Hurdle.

Will prove one of the all-time great Champion Hurdlers.

The words “great” and “superstar” are overused, but this is a great Jumper and a true superstar.

I am "The Horse Racing Punter" on Facebook
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Ian_Davies_
    https://www.facebook.com/ThePointtoPointNHandFlatracingpunter/
    It's the "Millwall FC" of Point broadcasts: "No One Likes Us - We Don't Care"

Participant
    • Total Posts 4675

Brilliant performance yesterday, and I have little doubt that he has the potential to become a true great, but he has to do it again before I get on the bandwagon.

One swallow doesn’t make a summer.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2367

Glad he’s already shown it before, the way he quickened up the hill at Sandown on heavy ground was ridiculous, never seen anything like it!

I’m with Ian here, best Hurdler for at least 20 years, we’re just getting started.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1393

I’ve never been so excited about a hurdler more than Constitution Hill. I downloaded the both the Supreme Novices and the Champion Hurdle and played them both from the start. I’m staggered at the amount of talent that Constitution Hill has and the ease in how he travels.

Watching Andrew Thornton on ITV Racing expressing his preference for Honeysuckle over CH and going on about her ‘devastating’ turn of foot made me smile…

So I then took the videos into editing so that both Constitution Hill and Honeysuckle were jumping the last hurdle together. Watching Honeysuckle all out in the closing stages and seeing CH coasting towards the finishing line with Nico waving to the crowd blew my mind. With CH’s nose touching the finishing line, I estimate that he was roughly 2.5 lengths clear.

I’m adamant that, if CH stays healthy and continues along the hurdling path, he’ll be the bright shine in the glaze on top of the cherry on top of the icing on the cake.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8863

Honeysuckle is an admirable mare. She and Rachel Blackmore have made a real connection with racegoers on both sides of the Irish Sea. However, she is beating up second raters in receipt of seven pounds.

That mares allowance might be the only thing which gives her any chance against the mighty Constitution Hill – but I still expect him to defeat her comfortably. If it was level weights, it would be absolutely no contest.

Avatar photoThe Tatling Cheekily
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2723

Would have to be with Glad here. The second best horse in race probably fell, is it beyond the realms of possibility he could have gone clear with Constitution Hill? Would have given the race a whole different complexion.

He could well be a star, but some of the proclamations seem premature currently imo.

BUY THE SUN

Participant
    • Total Posts 8863

The evidence is there on the clock, TTC. He ran a far faster time than Honeysuckle with De Boinville standing up in the saddle and saluting the crowd.

Avatar photoHe Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5935

DD pulled throughout the race , he,d have to have been a freak to give CH a race , that’s the other thing about CH , he looks a absolute pro after 3 runs , DD has now played up twice

Participant
    • Total Posts 2367

Tatling I’ll repeat my comments the horse certinly has done it before, his demolition of Might I in December was insane, then his most recent win at Sandown on Heavy ground was an absolute joke, the way it quickened up the Sandown hill on that ground was quite simply astonishing, never seen a horse quicken up a hill like that on that ground, the only thing stopping me backing him hard for the Supreme after that was the notion that only heavy-ground horses can perform like that on heavy ground. Turns out that though that notion is correct 99% of the time it discounts the freak horses. To do that on heavy ground, then also put up the performance he did at Cheltenham on good ground, I don’t need to see any more evidence, the horse is the best thing since sliced bread.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 2723

I’d be fairy certain he would be too short next time out. I don’t pay attention to times, apart from to get a grip of if the conditions are being accurately described. So I wouldn’t personally be raving about a particular time.

Seen plenty of exciting Novices come back to the field in open company – will be delighted to be proved wrong with this one, and I certainly seem to be swimming against the tide of some opinions that I respect on here.

My personal feeling is that this talk of GOAT’s and Frankels and Arkles will stop fairly abruptly. Opinion there to be shot down, as always!

BUY THE SUN

fivelongdays
    Participant
    • Total Posts 693

He’ll be an even better chaser.

Twitter=@PGHenn

So don't run, just like the others always do

Participant
    • Total Posts 2367

Tatling that’s what makes it such an entertaining sport, we all have an opinion! Sometimes we’re right and sometimes we’re wrong and we never really know which until they’ve passed the winning line, and even then we still often aren’t sure! :wacko:

TakeYourTime
    Participant
    • Total Posts 593

Constitution Hill was beaten in his point after a bad jump at the last. Maybe he is a better hurdler? I’d like to see him stay over hurdles regardless and gun for Honeysuckle.

Jonbon will be much better over fences so that’s the route i’d take if i was Nicky.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 2723

Agree. It would be a bit of a sickener to see Constitution Hill nobble around in 4 runner Novice Chases for a year. Why would you even think about it? 2m hurdling is more prestigous, worth more prize money, and he has proved he is top class.

BUY THE SUN

Participant
    • Total Posts 8863

11/4 with Betfred for the Champion Hurdle now. Could be a gift.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1393

If Constitution Hill went chasing, I fear he’d end up like Thistlecrack … an unassailable hurdler in his prime before being only a very good chaser and nothing more bar an aching limb or two. It really could be his undoing.

The vibe I get is that, should he stick to hurdles, he’ll be king.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32124

Nicky trained Binocular so he’ll know what to do

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 1,517 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.