Commonwealth Cup 2017

Home Forums Archive Topics Royal Ascot 2017 Commonwealth Cup 2017

This topic contains 169 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by Ghost of Rob V Ghost of Rob V 2 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 170 total)
  • Author
    raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4311

Terrific performance from the winner!!

And the second and third aren’t bad either!!

Probably the best quality race of the meeting!! :good:

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8281

Brilliant race really enjoyed it, 3 top horses battling it out at the finish.
    Great ride from Ryan Moore and Caravaggio very special.
    I don’t mind losing when I know my horse gave his all and Blue Point did just that. :rose:

I thought Blue Point was travelling like the winner at one stage Jac but it then became clear the tank was emptying slightly.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Chivers1987
    Chivers1987
    Participant
    • Total Posts 842

Hmmm just needed blue point to finish 2nd but I expected that from Caravaggio, just didn’t have the knackers to put my money on him. Well done all xx

Voleur
    Voleur
    Participant
    • Total Posts 658

That is thoroughbred racing at it’s finest ladies and gents. There was one fleeting moment when I feared Harry Angel might have stolen it from the front, especially with both Permian and Different League winning from the front earlier today, but once Caravaggio got rolling the result was never in doubt.

With the success of the late Scat Daddy over the course of the week, I fear Coolmore might play a very cautious game with Caravaggio this season. He will most likely be one of the most lucrative stallions in the world once at stud, and any risks to his health or reputation will sought to be limited. Then again, the way Aidan talks of this horse I’m not sure they believe he is beatable.

It’s one of those races where the betting is merely in the background, but from a betting perspective it couldn’t have worked out much better with my ante-post bet landing and Harry Angel obliging without the favourite.

Eagerly awaiting his next start.

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5662

I thought for a minute that Ryan Moore had let the front 2 get too much of
    a march on here, it shows what I know :unsure: …..he was awesome. The runners up
    are clearly very decent too.

CharlesOlney
    CharlesOlney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2050

By the way does anyone know what fell off yet? About half way something came off either Bound For Nowhere, Tiz Marvellous or Blue Point but I can’t tell whom yet.

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8285

Brilliant race really enjoyed it, 3 top horses battling it out at the finish.
    Great ride from Ryan Moore and Caravaggio very special.
    I don’t mind losing when I know my horse gave his all and Blue Point did just that. :rose:

I thought Blue Point was travelling like the winner at one stage Jac but it then became clear the tank was emptying slightly.

Yes me too Steve.. a brief moment of excitement and then reality.

You were definitely right that the two Godolphin horses took each other on and while they were busy doing that Carvaggio sluced up and took the race. B-)
    Well deserved win for the horse and all who kept the faith. Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    TheGun
    TheGun
    Participant
    • Total Posts 186

Terrific performance from an unbelievable horse. Would anyone like to suggest a horse capable of beating Caravaggio over 6/7f?

CharlesOlney
    CharlesOlney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2050

It was definitely Blue Point that something fell off of just past the 5 furlong marker.

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25856

Terrific performance from an unbelievable horse. Would anyone like to suggest a horse capable of beating Caravaggio over 6/7f?

In a two horse race, Harry Angel at 6f.
    Did a bit too much in the early stages today.
    If Harry Angel is allowed to set the pace he wants – kicking off slower fractions – he can beat Caravaggio. But Coolmore will always put a spoiler in, so that won’t happen. ;-)

value is everything
    Voleur
    Voleur
    Participant
    • Total Posts 658

In a two horse race, Harry Angel at 6f.
    Did a bit too much in the early stages today.
    If Harry Angel is allowed to set the pace he wants – kicking off slower fractions – he can beat Caravaggio. But Coolmore will always put a spoiler in, so that won’t happen. ;-)

Disagree there. Caravaggio had a lot of ground to make up on Harry Angel but still managed to put a full length between them at the line. As Ryan Moore said post-race it’s been very hard to make up ground on the leaders over the straight mile this week, so for Caravaggio to do what he did so commandingly is the sign of a much superior horse. It’s not like Harry Angel runs worse when lit up, he managed to break the track record at Haydock in very similar circumstances. I think Harry Angel is certainly capable of beating Caravaggio on a given day, but to suggest the best horse didn’t win today is totally wrong in my opinion, not that you are saying that Gingertipster but for people in general.

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8281

It was definitely Blue Point that something fell off of just past the 5 furlong marker.

It was one of his batteries I think, hence the running out of juice late ;-)

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

steeplechasing
    steeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5646

I’d like to see the sectionals here. If HA and BP weren’t slowing markedly then the winner’s was an astounding performance. You’d normally need to find two gears to do what he did. Sectionals will tell a big story.

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

botchy1
    botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2950

I’d like to see the sectionals here. If HA and BP weren’t slowing markedly then the winner’s was an astounding performance. You’d normally need to find two gears to do what he did. Sectionals will tell a big story.

He has got 2 gears Joe. They were not stopping, he just pressed Turbo Boost :yes:

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20469

Great race and 3 very good horses
    Well done the Caravaggio backers, especially those on at early prices, he done you all proud. I thought my horse(HA) had the potential to win this and given the hindsight I’d still of done the same thing again as the vibes about the fav were a bit iffy
    Harry Angel ran a blinder but is still a bit too enthusiastic which is not necessary a bad thing as you’d prefer that to a lazy horse but if they could curbe that slightly it may give him the extra bit of edge that was needed today. Ideally Harry Angel would want a lead imo but perhaps the draw, keen-ness and winning well at Haydock from the front they decided to make a bid again. Plenty to come and a re-match would be well anticipated.

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 170 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.