Commonwealth Cup 2017

Home Forums Archive Topics Royal Ascot 2017 Commonwealth Cup 2017

This topic contains 169 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by Ghost of Rob V Ghost of Rob V 2 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 170 total)
  • Author
    Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2441

Cracking race

Love Caravaggio. Absolutely love the horse

St Nicholas Abbey
    St Nicholas Abbey
    Participant
    • Total Posts 127

I’m sitting this one out bettingwise. I just want to see what happens. Looking forward to it!

RacingLife
    Participant
    • Total Posts 86

I thought Harry Angel looked like a monster at Haydock, it was only his 4th start I think. The fact that Godolphin bought him after Haydock surely is a positive too. I’m lucky enough to have access to a bookmaker who are going 1/4 the odds on all of Royal Ascot and I have no problem backing him at 10/3 each way – ok if he is placed you will lose a little bit overall but an each way bet is two bets; one on the win and one on the place so the place bet will be close to 4/5 when the true odds on Betfair are more like 1/2.

Best of luck guys.

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25883

One of the best races of this year’s Royal Ascot. May be 12 runners, but the quality of some makes it a 4 runner race for me. Normally that would make it mathematically an exceptional each way race to invest in. However, am disappointed (though not surprised) Harry Angel is not availale at an each way price, odds on fav Caravaggio should at least be in the first three) and I think it’s a toss up between the other two who’ll place. Race to savour but am sitting it out for the time being.

1/4 odds the place convinced me to back Harry each way @ 100/30 too, RL. :good:

value is everything
    Voleur
    Voleur
    Participant
    • Total Posts 658

I’m on Caravaggio 5/1 ante-post, so I’m hoping he proves he’s the superstar I believe he is. I’ve done Harry Angel 5/4 w/o the fav for a bit of cover.

RacingLife
    Participant
    • Total Posts 86

One of the best races of this year’s Royal Ascot. May be 12 runners, but the quality of some makes it a 4 runner race for me. Normally that would make it mathematically an exceptional each way race to invest in. However, am disappointed (though not surprised) Harry Angel is not availale at an each way price, odds on fav Caravaggio should at least be in the first three) and I think it’s a toss up between the other two who’ll place. Race to savour but am sitting it out for the time being.

:good:

I’ve also doubled Harry Angel with Gordon Elliots horse in the bumper at Down Royal ;-)

CharlesOlney
    CharlesOlney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2050

I don’t know if anyone is interested or not but if you go onto Keeneland Racing’s twitter page they posted a final furlong replay of Bound For Nowhere‘s win there on 20th April.

It was very impressive for such an inexperienced horse and the runner-up had already won a race.

Best price 9/1 for the Commonwealth.

Just a small bet on the Ward horse for me here as I’m already on Blue Point each-way.

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8297

Blue Point looks amazing.. :heart:
    He’s going to run a big race today I’m just on him to win this.
    Good luck everyone.. :good:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25883

Had a little bit on the betting without market to make Harry Angel a total saver if second to Caravaggio.

value is everything
    viktors89
    viktors89
    Participant
    • Total Posts 324

wow

CharlesOlney
    CharlesOlney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2050

OH MY WORD!

What a horse race.

Got my money back for Blue Point each-way.

These are 3 brilliant racehorses. Ryan knew what he was doing going up that far rail, on the quickest ground.

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25883

Fantastic race, first three top class.

Harry seemed a bit keen with the Coolmore spoiler alongside.

Harry Angel V Lady Aurelia in the Nunthorpe?

value is everything
    stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8281

Hat’s off to Caravaggio and a top training performance to get him back by Aidan O’Brien.

I thought he was slightly in trouble today as the others set off that bit quick. However one he started closing, you could see the other two had already run their race and he finished off the best.

Was there a slight element of a Godolphin own goal, as their horses took each-other on and maybe ran the guts out of one another. It would be ironic if it panned out that way.

Well done those who kept the faith with Caravaggio, he beat trees last time but followed it up in style. No value on the day but great stuff for those who had 5/1 etc

An excellent race and no tedious 2 miles of foreplay to go through first ;-)

All the right horses were there and the form is solid. Race of the week for me.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8297

Brilliant race really enjoyed it, 3 top horses battling it out at the finish.
    Great ride from Ryan Moore and Caravaggio very special.
    I don’t mind losing when I know my horse gave his all and Blue Point did just that. :rose:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    botchy1
    botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2959

What a machine ! Went past two very good horses there as if they were stood still in the last furlong. Roll on Newmarket & Australia B-)

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 170 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.