The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Classic Winners – Owners Colours

Home Forums Horse Racing Classic Winners – Owners Colours

Viewing 17 posts - 375 through 391 (of 641 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 89

1989 TOP SUNRISE French St ledger

http://www.keiba-db.com/c/racemain-one. … 3%81%5B%29

shows YELLOW, ROYAL BLUE hoop and armlest but doesn’t show the cap!!!

theancientdruid
    • Total Posts 16

Druid Sports have developed a range of enamel lapel badges in winning owners colours. Ian Balding was wearing the Mill Reef version whilst being interviewed on the BBC prior to yesterdays Derby. We now have a total of 29 available, including the "Epsom Collection", "Grand National Collection" and "The Cheltenham Collection". Horses include Nijinsky, Workforce, Arkle, Red Rum, Ballabriggs, Long Run, Denman, Best Mate, Kauto Star etc etc.
    Also available are scarves, ties, hats and the very popular rugby shirts. For further details please drop me an email to info@druid-sportsandleisure.co.uk,

• Total Posts 199

2011 French Derby
    RELIABLE MAN (Pride Racing Club): WHITE, ROYAL BLUE STARS, ROYAL BLUE SLEEVES and CAP with WHITE DIAMOND

Participant
    • Total Posts 456

cheers Slewman , that’s quicker than a text alert.

re the metallic badges , only a couple of days ago I saw a Mill Reef one on e-bay and assumed it was from years ago, not a newish venture

thanks for the information.

Here are some additions to previous postings , either found more owners , colours or both in some cases.

French Oaks 1941 SAPOTILLE R Mathe-Dumaine Help please

French Oaks 1942 VIGILANCE Ctess MA de P de la Rocca Help please

French Oaks 1944 POINTE A PITRE R Saint Help please

French 2000 1954 COTE D’OR II J Lignel Help please

Irish 1000 1954 PANTOMIME QUEEN Eileen McLean McLean hunting tartan white qtd cap

Irish Oaks 1954 PANTOMIME QUEEN Eileen McLean McLean hunting tartan white qtd cap

Irish 2000 1955 HUGH LUPUS Lady Ursula Vernon black yellow cap & stripes on body

Irish St Leger 1955 DIAMOND SLIPPER Mrs E King green white diamond cap reversed

Irish Oaks 1956 GARDEN STATE Harry Wragg red white hooped slvs qtd cap

Irish St Leger 1956 MAGNETIC NORTH W Phillips Help please

French Derby 1957 AMBER Mme A Mariotti sky blue yellow hoops & slvs sky blue & pink hooped cap

Irish 2000 1957 JACK KETCH Mrs M Annesley cerise yellow cap cerise spots

Irish 2000 1959 EL TORO C Kline cherry turquoise spots cap reversed cherry slvs

Irish 1000 1961 LADY SENATOR G Freeman black white slvs royal blue cap

Irish 2000 1961 LIGHT YEAR T Hallinan white & gold stripes red & white qtd cap

Irish Oaks 1962 FRENCH CREAM R F Dennis red & cream hoops red cap

Irish Oaks 1967 PAMPALINA Mrs B Aitken gold blue sash striped cap

French St Leger 1989 TOP SUNRISE Charles E. Schmidt yellow blue hoop & armlets cap unknown – yet !!.

Oaks 1965 LONG LOOK James Cox Brady, Jr. white & red horizontal halves black slvs red cap ( not white , red hoop as before – have good pictoral evidence of the halves )

cheers all
    I.

Participant
    • Total Posts 817

shows YELLOW, ROYAL BLUE hoop and armlest but doesn’t show the cap!!!

Thanks for the Condover silks IDB. Again slapped wrists for me – I actually also have a copy of said Ruffs guide but obviously overlooked that fact!!!

BTW, were you the person who posted the japanese yahoo auctions link some time back on here? http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/130703176

As you can see the auction finished but I am unable to navigate from this page anymore to the pages and pages of racecards it showed. Any idea what the link is to the page for racecard auction lists is? They seem to have more photos on that site than ebay where more often than not the sellers post a picture of the racecards front page. Maybe the Japanese rules are tighter but certainly on European and US auctions they always seemed to have two sometimes three pictures which was of great assitance to us!

Alos, here is the Long Look picture Isinglass was, I imagine, referring to:

http://www.geraldsegasby.co.uk/racehors … l-on-board

Clearly halves.

• Total Posts 199

RE-Oaks 1965 LONG LOOK James Cox Brady, Jr. white & red horizontal halves black slvs red cap .
    Cox Brady had/has a racing stable in the US and races under the banner of ‘Mill House’. His US silks are White, Red Sash, Black Sleeves and Cap.
    :D

• Total Posts 199

Correction to James Cox Brady silks. Red cap NOT Black. Here is US race colour card link to Mill House silks.
    http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cac … Ifo4o7Wa3Q

• Total Posts 89

BTW, were you the person who posted the japanese yahoo auctions link some time back on here? http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/130703176

As you can see the auction finished but I am unable to navigate from this page anymore to the pages and pages of racecards it showed. Any idea what the link is to the page for racecard auction lists is? They seem to have more photos on that site than ebay where more often than not the sellers post a picture of the racecards front page. Maybe the Japanese rules are tighter but certainly on European and US auctions they always seemed to have two sometimes three pictures which was of great assitance to us!

It was me with the jaoanese site, but apart from using google translate which translates the home page ok, it doesn’t help with searching! The only other one I have found is:
    http://www.jauce.com/index.php
    but this looks very restricted.

Participant
    • Total Posts 456

Hi , another bit of information that so far hasn’t got me very far.

1982 Irish 1000 Guineas Prince’s Polly – found out she was owned by an American , Kelly Fitzgerald. Could be male or female , don’t know and equally haven’t got the colours yet.

ta
    I.

• Total Posts 199

Those Irish 1000 Guineas colours for princess polly will be a tough one to get unless Irish turf authority can assist.

Runners and silks for Tuesday’s St James’ Palace Stks on the link.

http://www.timeform.com/godolphin/gd_en … cenumber=3

• Total Posts 89

Those Irish 1000 Guineas colours for princess polly will be a tough one to get unless Irish turf authority can assist.

Runners and silks for Tuesday’s St James’ Palace Stks on the link.

http://www.timeform.com/godolphin/gd_en … cenumber=3

Irish authorities can help!!

"I have a Kerry B. Fitzpatrick (American Gent) listed as the owner of Prince’s Polly and trained by D.K. Weld. His colours were Red & white check, red sleeves, red cap, white spots."

Participant
    • Total Posts 456

cheers I de B , owe you for that

who did you contact out of interest ? wonder if I can ask them about some of my outstanding Irish queries.

ta
    I.

Participant
    • Total Posts 817

Lovely to see the very distinctive colours once registered to Lord Glanely carried to victory in today’s Golden Jubilee Stakes. I wonder how the current owner, Mr Simon Gibson managed to secure the silks? According to Wiki Lord Glanely was tragically killed in a 1942 air raid after which his title became extinct so I am assuming Mr Gibson is not a descendant – rather a very fortunate and waelthy man to be able to call such a set of silks his own!

• Total Posts 199

In all race cards i have of Lord Glanely runners his silks were described as Black, red, white and blue belt. It wasn’t until i saw old cigarette cards it was actually a sash. I always thought a belt as described in other race cards as one hoop on the body. It’s like saying a sash is one ‘diagonal stripe’

• Total Posts 199

As for Mr Gibson taking over the silks I believe that silks that belonged to very successful owner of the past should be put in a museum and barred. In France you cannot use the Marcel Boussac silks (orange, grey cap) or the Jean Ternynk silks (Green, black cap). Those colours are not available to owners registering silks. Good idea I think. Will we ever see the old Aga Khan’s green and chocolate hoops on a racetrack again owned by a John Citizen?? Hope not.

• Total Posts 89

As for Mr Gibson taking over the silks I believe that silks that belonged to very successful owner of the past should be put in a museum and barred. In France you cannot use the Marcel Boussac silks (orange, grey cap) or the Jean Ternynk silks (Green, black cap). Those colours are not available to owners registering silks. Good idea I think. Will we ever see the old Aga Khan’s green and chocolate hoops on a racetrack again owned by a John Citizen?? Hope not.

looks like his grandson….

“This has been a lucky race for me as I won it twice with Bishop of Cashel (1994 and 1995), who loved soft ground and this fellow is a different horse when he can get his toe in,” said James Fanshawe after Polar Ben had taken the Group 111 GNER Park Stakes in a driving finish with With Reason and Tarjman.

“He was a bit unlucky at Newmarket last time and for a long time I thought he would not get a run here,” said Fanshawe. “But he is as tough as nails and deserved to win that race. He gets a mile but I do not know what we will do with him next.

“His owner, Simon Gibson, comes from a family which has had a lot of winners over the years and his grandfather, Lord Glanely, owned the only Derby winner to be trained at my yard. That was Grand Parade, who was trained by Frank Barling and won the Derby in 1919, ridden by Fred Templeman.

“Another member of the family was David Gibson, who rode a lot of jumping winners as an amateur, including three Grand Military Gold Cups on Klaxon.”

• Total Posts 199

If that’s the case I retract my last statements!!!

:roll:

Viewing 17 posts - 375 through 391 (of 641 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.