The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Classic Champion Hurdle 2009

Home Forums Archive Topics Classic Champion Hurdle 2009

Viewing 17 posts - 375 through 391 (of 500 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 115

I’m sure this is supposed to be fun…. i feel sick

Good luck everyone – all week…

PaleRider
    • Total Posts 52

Good luck Katchit ,i cant wait for this race ,so many ppl have been knocking Binocular ,and the rain stayed away , :D thank you God !!!!!

Participant
    • Total Posts 32970

Reet,

Do you mean Scu went too slow last year or too fast?

He was coming back to Katchit in the final furlong so arguably went too slow. Katchit has no history of idling so can’t see that as the reason.

I see Osana going off very fast with Celestial Halo a couple of lengths behind him. Binocular in the middle of the pack.

Mark

Value Is Everything
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Ginger
    Imo, he went okay for the first circuit, then waited for them to catch up at the top of the hill. May well have won it, had he made more use of the horse.

Participant
    • Total Posts 735

The closer to the race is, the more the doubts about Binocular creep in. Even after reading the connections and Mick FitzGerald fairly confident on 5Live last night – even knowing he has a high cruising speed, a excellent turn of foot – I can see AP niggling between 3 & 2 out for some reason – don’t ask me why.
    Celestial Halo is the value bet I think – CD winner, stays,….
    ,,,nothing against Katchit, but I’d be a bit disappointed if he could win again, same for Hardy, Inca, Harchibald.

• Total Posts 326

Celestial Halo ran a long way below form at Doncaster and all three horses, CH, SD and Binocular have improved since. So that is surely not a good form line.

Mark

Thats what i hate about NH racing, having a crap run is permissable, how the hell are you supposed to know when they are going to have a good one? Don’t get me wrong horses are not "machines" but i expect the better ones to be a little more consistent.

I cant see past 2 of the henderson horses though, but i know nowt about this game.

• Total Posts 1415

ARISTO – Its nearly Binocular time. How you feeling, you all shaky? lol.

Quite happy with my Celestial Halo bet lets see if Binny is a man or a boy. :wink:

Good luck mate.

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

Here we go, am getting well excited now.

Im on binocular but stand to do better from opposing him, good luck fists, I know you’d love him to win.

Come On the Halo (or jered or won in the dark or snap tie)!

Please lord, let this race be brilliant….. :lol:

Onthesteal
    • Total Posts 1387

Binocular has got warm….bad signs. Having said that I think he can run 5lb bellow his best and still win this.

Onthesteal
    • Total Posts 1387

If he wins in THAT state though, he’s bloody special!

• Total Posts 1415

Bloody Punjabi buggers me up. :cry:

• Total Posts 2440

Great effort from Punjabi.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 158

go on punjabi

:D :D :D 25/1.

:D :D :D

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

Very disappointed with how that panned out, pretty much the same result as last year speed horses take 1st, 3rd and 4th with a stayer in second who was up with the pace throughout, could understand binocular being up there, when punjabi was going with him I thought something wasnt right, as soon they said crack away jack was running on from the back I shouting profanities at the TV.

Well done all who backed punjabi.

Oh well, suppose we’ll just have to wait another year.

• Total Posts 1415

Can’t moan at Celestial Halo though race worked out just as I thought it would from his point of view, ran a blinder. Binocular I’m sure has disappointed a few people but he’s run a cracker also and was surprisingly running on in the end though that said the front two were probably knackered. Binocular will be better on a flat track though as I expected.

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1593

The form of the race isn’t worth the proverbial can of beans IMO as they went too quick, but Nicky Henderson must be the finest trainer in the land. How could he possibly have brought Punjabi on from Wincanton to

that

in 24 days?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I think Celestial Halo comes out of the race with great credit, having been on the pace from the off, but you have to wonder what the jockeys were playing at on the likes of Harchibald, Sublimity and Jered. Sitting fifteen or more lengths off a decent gallop in a championship race makes little sense to me and Jered in particular was running on extremely well from the last.

All in all I’m feeling a little deflated. I obviously didn’t want Binocular to win from a punting (and laying) perspective, but it would have been nice to see him bound clear to confirm himself the Istabraq of this generation. As it is I just can’t get excited about a tight, three-way finish with Punjabi the winner.

Viewing 17 posts - 375 through 391 (of 500 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.