The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Clare Balding

Home Forums Horse Racing Clare Balding

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Ten Up
    • Total Posts 17

Anybody know when she is coming back?

bettingboy
    • Total Posts 100

The less the BBC covers racing, the less we’ll see of her; which is a shame, because she’s an intelligent and perceptive presenter.

Kautostar1
    • Total Posts 384

She got the all clear for cancer didn’t she which was good news but yes all to do with bbc and the lack of racing they now show. Maybe RUK or atr will snap her up. Actually is that where Lydia Heslop started on BBC?

CarryOnKatie
    Participant
    • Total Posts 570

She was on BBC1’s "As seen on TV" on Thursday night. (a panel quiz show). I’m sure she’ll be kept busy doing animal stories on the One Show.

Neil Watson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1376

Clare also did the Challenge Cup final last week between Huddersfield and Warrington.

Quite a good choice of host as Clare comes from that well known hotbed of Rugby League,Kingsclere

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8992

I was absolutely delighted to read reports of her all-clear from cancer. Fantastic news.

robert99
    Participant
    • Total Posts 899

She was on tv in a program discussing cancer cures with other sufferers and her thyroid cancer experience. If only all broadcasters could express themselves so clearly, without clichés and with such honesty. A true national treasure.

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6964

Clare also did the Challenge Cup final last week between Huddersfield and Warrington.

Quite a good choice of host as Clare comes from that well known hotbed of Rugby League,Kingsclere

That aside, she’s been covering the sport for a few years now, more than adequately.

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Adrian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1041

She was doing the show jumping and dressage from Hickstead last week and I wouldn’t be suprised to see her, behind the red button, at Burghley this weekend.

Peter Poston’s Ghost
    Participant
    • Total Posts 548

Clare has a sports knowledge second to none on TV and radio and is never out of her depth on any show she participates in.

I wish her well in her health and career and hope that people look beyond her sexuality to appreciate what a talent she is.

Lydia is superb also.

thehorsesmouth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5552

"Peter Poston’s Ghost" wrote: Clare has a sports knowledge second to none on TV and radio and is never out of her depth on any show she participates in.

I wish her well in her health and career and hope that people look beyond her sexuality to appreciate what a talent she is.

Lydia is superb also.

Well, maybe second to one person: Jimmy McGee (nothing to be ashamed of)

bbobbell
    • Total Posts 591

She was doing the show jumping and dressage from Hickstead last week and I wouldn’t be suprised to see her, behind the red button, at Burghley this weekend.

I can confirm that Clare was at Burghley this weekend, because she walked passed me near the famous Trout Hatchery fence when I was having lunch.

Peter Poston’s Ghost
    Participant
    • Total Posts 548

Clare has a sports knowledge second to none on TV and radio and is never out of her depth on any show she participates in.

Lydia is superb also.

Well, maybe second to one person: Jimmy McGee (nothing to be ashamed of)

Sorry for my insularity but I was only considering presenters that I’d heard :o
    Mr McGee must be some journo if he can outdo Clare.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.