The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Christmas Hurdle 2009

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Christmas Hurdle 2009

Viewing 17 posts - 120 through 136 (of 154 total)
  • Author
    RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

Go Native barely beats Starluck yet he is a Champion Hurdle winner?

Really Zaynar has lengths against these horses.

The Christmas Hurdle imo was a weak race.

Onthesteal
    • Total Posts 1387

To be fair to Go Native fans and backers – this mule really needs to be put there on the line, as he pulls up as promptly as I’ve ever seen once he hits the front.

I’d rate him as chief danger to Zaynar with his obvious high cruising speed. He could be very much untapped at this moment in time and worth a good few more lengths than he’s shown, with gods knows what up his sleeve.

Carberry is the man for the job, but it wont be one for the weak hearted come March.

Zaynar, on all known form, has to be the one to beat now.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Binocular’s finished as a live Champion hope isn’t he ?

Having watched the re-run several times,i believe the horse to take out of the race for the Champion hurdle is Binocular,i dont believe the horse is anywhere near his peak yet!

Confirmed by Nicky Henderson himself today,some of us on here can see the wood from the trees! Binocular is still the biggest danger to Celestial!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Fist, your allegiance to "Binny" is a microcosm of your punting problem. You need to be fickle, and desert your heroes as new evidence comes to light. You won’t have any problem getting takers for 10-1 about him for March- he’s spat the dummy, time to move on.

:roll: :roll: :roll: The Pot calling the Kettle there!

monksfield
    • Total Posts 257

So, Celestial Halo or Binocular wins ?

Really ?

Can I now just issue an appeal to all flat trainers?……..take a good look at your decent 10-12f horses, pop one or two of the more likely types over a hurdle or two……the 2010 Champion Hurdle is at your mercy!

Come and rescue this race from mediocrity !!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

So, Celestial Halo or Binocular wins ?

Really ?

Can I now just issue an appeal to all flat trainers?……..take a good look at your decent 10-12f horses, pop one or two of the more likely types over a hurdle or two……the 2010 Champion Hurdle is at your mercy!

Come and rescue this race from mediocrity !!

No relevance whatsoever, both Binocular and Celestial Halo have proved they are both worthy and capable pretenders to Punjabis crown,purely on what they have achieved over the jumps!Time to move with the times Monksfield me thinks you have been watching too much “Life on Mars”!Did your namesake not win on the flat?? :shock:

monksfield
    • Total Posts 257

The fact that Punjabi…Punjabi ! wears the crown says it all :cry:

I’d love for an Alderbrook to appear and take this race……..this division badly needs a shake-up.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I’d love for an Alderbrook to appear and take this race……..this division badly needs a shake-up.

Alderbrook!! That would lower the standard of Champions even further!

monksfield
    • Total Posts 257

Now you’re talking silly. Even Alderbrook would eat this lot alive.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Now you’re talking silly. Even Alderbrook would eat this lot alive.

Surely not the same Alderbrook that won a dozen average races on the flat?

monksfield
    • Total Posts 257

The very same Alderbrook that achieved Grp 2 success on the flat then went on to win the Champion Hurdle as a novice.

If he was parachuted in now, does anyone believe he wouldn’t win ? I think he’d eat this lot alive.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

The very same Alderbrook that achieved Grp 2 success on the flat then went on to win the Champion Hurdle as a novice.

If he was parachuted in now, does anyone believe he wouldn’t win ? I think he’d eat this lot alive.

Alderbrook beat Large action that year,a decent Handicapper who won a Tote gold trophy getting a ton of weight from the enigmatic Oh so risky! Never in a million years was that a great Champion hurdle,a bloody novice won it! and dont throw in Dunguib!!

monksfield
    • Total Posts 257

But don’t Timeform have him at 174/175 or something ?

This sorry lot couldn’t achieve that with their tails on fire.

monksfield
    • Total Posts 257

Anyway, answer the question, re Alderbrook –

If he was parachuted in now, does anyone believe he wouldn’t win ?

That’s aimed at you, TAPK.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Anyway, answer the question, re Alderbrook –

If he was parachuted in now, does anyone believe he wouldn’t win ?

That’s aimed at you, TAPK.

I shall base this response on accumulative form, 4/1 Binocular,5/1 Celestial Halo,Go Native,11/2 Alderbrook,13/2 Zaynar,10/1 Solwhit,Punjabi,16/1 Starluck.He reminds me most of Go Native,who reminds me of Harchibald,so i dont think he would win myself! Funnily enough that was the price he won when Large Action and Danoli went off 4/1jt favs!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Don’t think you’d be far away at that mate. I backed Large Action that year for the want of finding something decent in the race Alderbrook won well but hardly in the same league as this Champion Hurdle.

Nicky Henderson was quite chirpy about Binoculars run and anyone who thinks I never suspected Kempton might just be a sharpening up job should read my posts. When the aim is Chelteham he very seldom sends them to Kempton 100% fit.

The fact he’s going to run him again before Cheltenham leads me to think there’s been one race on his mind from day 1.

Wishful thinking on my part? We’ll see in March.

dunk disorderly
    • Total Posts 26

Hendo does have them ready for Kempton,His record speaks volumes,Binoculer has just not come up to scratch this year and the youngsters from lastyear are proving very good.You will continue dooing your cash,thats why i left Binny and lumped on Go Native 2 confirm the Fighting Fifth form.

Viewing 17 posts - 120 through 136 (of 154 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.