The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Christmas Hurdle 2009

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Christmas Hurdle 2009

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 154 total)
  • Author
    NHFan
    • Total Posts 65

MEADE SWEET ON TRIPLE CROWN BONUS

By Keith Hamer, Press Association Sport

Champion Hurdle 2010- A.Post: Go Native 10/1
    Go Native (IRE) Profile
    N Meade Profile
    Click here to follow us on Twitter!
    Click here for more racing news
    Click here for latest Cheltenham course news
    Noel Meade reports Go Native to be on course for the williamhill.com Christmas Hurdle as connections seek to keep alive dreams of a £1million WBX Hurdling Triple Crown bonus.

Go Native sprang a 25-1 surprise in the WBX.com Fighting Fifth Hurdle at Newcastle last month to put himself in line for the extra cash.

Last year’s Fighting Fifth hero Punjabi came unstuck at Kempton on Boxing Day but then went on to claim the third leg, the Champion Hurdle, at Cheltenham in March.

“All has been OK since Newcastle with Go Native and although he has not worked too hard, he has done everything which has been asked of him and he has done it very well,” the Navan trainer told http://www.wbxtriplecrown.com.

“Davy Condon will ride him again at Kempton and I expect him to be saddled by (the suspended stable jockey) Paul Carberry as he was ahead of the Fighting Fifth.

“When a horse wins at 25-1 there is always a danger that they don’t receive the credit they deserve for the victory.

“I think the price was down to his defeat by Colm Murphy’s mare, Voler La Vedette, but we should never have run at Down Royal where the ground was completely against us.”

Go Native is 24-1 with WBX to complete hurdling’s triple crown.

dunk disorderly
    • Total Posts 26

I think Go Native could confirm the form with Binoculer as long as he gets goodish ground.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I think your on drugs :lol:

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

If Binocular gets good ground at Kempton he’ll murder Go Native, DD.

• Total Posts 1511

Once again the Training Exploits of Paul Carberry in the saddle are being underestimated by the press.

The only reason this horse is where is today is because of that rider. Educated him last season and now the fruits are being seen.

There is no concidence that all of Noel Meades are the best travellers in the game. Run on the Bridle is a incredible thing to get the majority of your horses to do.

Stick Paul Carberry on Binocular when he was a baby and the horse would be completly different. Beating a horse with a whip eventually leads the horse to shelve it when things arent going well que the fighting fifth when he packed it in up the straight like a horse they said NA " None of that shite today tony"

dunk disorderly
    • Total Posts 26

Hello Fist,Iwas at Newcastle that day,Binoculer hurdled realy well down the back and didnt pick up,I admit i Know hes better,Ilost a lot of cash on Binoculer ,but the way Go Native travelled was to me a sight of Harchibald.I think good ground to Go native is important,For that reason im going to wait and see what the ground is.The Champion hurdle form was let down again last week!

I Like drink Fist lad.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Whether Paul Carberry is quite as effective as you suggest, Wallace, I don’t know, but I would agree that Tony McCoy may not be the best match for Binocular.

• Total Posts 1511

Media the reason i am not a fan of Tony McCoy is for this reason. Whip Whip Whip….a lot is said for educating a horse teaching it, get it travelling. McCoy obviously is in a different league on low grade horse but when he needs to educate a horse with potential i would have him near my horse in a million years.

He seemed to have done a good job on Quantitiveeasing and that other Henderson horse. No Whip but for instance the Swweps Hill that won a Grade 2 was given a very hard race by McCoy then when he came up against Dunguib was still racing when Dunguib was being washed down. Captain Cee Bee was given a another tough race and i wonder would it have been more benefical if he had lost and was just educated and trailed home in about 3rd.

The biggest example of this is Karabak….he has shelved it in since McCoy has been on Board. I backed Mikeal D’Haganeut on the hope that he was s star in the ballymore but i was equally worried about McCoy on a this horse.

Lets not even start on Franchoek completly packed it in once McCoy took over.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

To be sure Tony will be thinking it’s time to retire :lol: My Granny could ride Binocular and Tony McCoy was as gentle as gentle could be at Newcastle. In fact not one jockey apart from the winner and Blue Bajan who was stone last at the time used his whip in that race. Go back and look you’ll find I’m right.

As far as anyone teaching Go Native anything that has got to be a joke. He has spat out the dummy twice against Hurricane Fly and he did the same against the mare before he went to Newcastle. Even at Cheltenham when he stole a march on them he was looking about looking for a way out and was losing ground hand over fist in the closing stages. The horse is a complete rogue who just happened to get everything his own way in a crawl round Newcastle.

According to Nicky Henderson Binocular had an off day at Newcastle and was sulking for a week afterwards before bouncing back to his usual self.

One race wouldn’t have me giving up on him and if the bookies offer odds against him winning this against one of the least dependable hurdlers in the British Isle I’ll have my kitchen sink and the beer money on him.

• Total Posts 1511

"As far as anyone teaching Go Native anything that has got to be a joke"

Come On now Fist……Carberry is the best educator in the game how else could Go Native win the Fighting on the bridle . Clearly they have taken there time with this horse and are being rewarded.

Hurricane Fly at his peak last season was a different Horse to Go Native and i have no doubt Hurricane Fly is better than Go Native.

But we must not lose sight that He is a Grade 1 Winner. Imagine if he won the Xmas Hurdle.

Surely Not?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I think you are confusing kidding with teaching. Go Native has 2 ways of running he either wins very easily or he quits. PC is one of the best into kidding horses everything in the garden is rosy and there’s no pressure. Horses go well for him but very often they don’t find enough to win because they have reached the limit of their ability and gained the best possible position without all the hullaballo
    that lesser jockeys would put them through.

He’s the perfect man for Go Native in that sense but if things get tough and Go Native gets a hint that he’s going to have to battle to win then PC or no PC he’ll chuck it.

• Total Posts 1511

Well thats the thing. Noel Meade horses usually fold quite easily but that only because they run on the Bridle. It appears there going well but what they actually find is very different.

I personally think Carberry has done a excellent job on him….obviously when there is a proper test we will see what he is about. One thing is for sure…he is a superb jumper and that due to his education

• Total Posts 2184

All of Noel’s top hurdlers are excellent over their obstacles. Harchibald was about the best jumper of a hurdle I’ve ever seen. He was just electric over them.

• Total Posts 1511

Where the heck is the entries for Kempton?

• Total Posts 128

Go Native will win whatever the ground. People said the lack of pace was against Binocular at Newcastle….The quicker they go, the BETTER Go Native will be.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Good thread this,i like the debate about Go Native and Binocular,both top hurdlers who would have a ding dong in the Xmas hurdle should they compete!Being in the Celestial Halo camp i can have an unbiased view of this pair!Go Native is as close to being another Harchibald as they come,the difference is he gallops up the Cheltenham hill,but he certainly can chuck his dummy out also,which has to be a concern.When he"s good he"s very good but when he"s not he comes across as a jibber!Kempton will suit him perfectly!Binocular has also got the Cheltenham form in the bag,but he also has the scalp of Celestial and that form is better than Go Natives,again Kempton will suit and in a match i would go 4/6 Binocular,11/10 Go Native.irrespective of the Fighting fifth and i backed Go Native that day!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I don’t think Go Native will even be in the hunt and Newcastle was a complete fluke. AP will apply the pressure 2 out and Go Natave will do what he does best……Quit!…..Starluck is the danger in my book if the plan is to let him take his chance and a big one at that round this track.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 154 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.