The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Chris Hoy

Home Forums Lounge Chris Hoy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    TheTinMan87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1034

Dreadful news the guy has terminal cancer. One of my favourite sportsman or women growing up, a true inspiration. I’m all for healthy living and some exercise is good for your mental health too which is key in this day and age but this idea that being young and healthy will keep the dreaded C at bay is being debunked. This is one of the healthiest men in the country probably. Its a terrible disease but I truely believe its random or cruel fate. Be healthy by all means but above all else do what you want to do and make the most of life because if its going to happen its going to happen I’m afraid. Thoughts with him and his loved ones.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6856

Yes, it is dreadful news.

11 time world champion and a six time Olympic champion is some record.

My heart goes out to his family – I lost my sister to cancer aged 44 and also my mother at the ripe old age of 92 – it is a ******* disease.

Richard88
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2875

Very sad news, especially as his wife is also unwell with MS. Dreadful for their children who are still relatively young I believe.

A phenomenal sportsman, one of our best by any measure, surely a big part of the reason that cycling enjoys the popularity in this country that it does today and by all accounts a thoroughly decent chap as well.

London 2012 was a great time and he’ll always be one of the first names I associate with it.

Illavim
    Participant
    • Total Posts 764

Horrible news, it really is a cruel world, thoughts and prayers are with his family. He truly was one of our best sportsmen, and such an inspiration to so many.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.