The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Choose one…

Home Forums Horse Racing Choose one…

Choose one

Which represents better value?

You must be logged in to participate.
  • City Of Troy
  • Constitution Hill
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4726

I was just browsing ante post prices on Oddschecker and noticed that both of these are 7/4 shots.

Assuming you had to take one (none of these “neither” cop outs, please), would you take the demonstrably superior horse with a few question marks, and in a race nearly five months away, or would you take the one who may or may not be better than his opponents and is untried on the surface, but at least in good recent form and in a race less than a fortnight away?

Participant
    • Total Posts 8944

It has to be Constitution Hill. He has been there and done it and if back to his best, he wins.

I cannot have a horse in the Classic that has never run on dirt before. I don’t care how good his form is on turf or what his rivals are like. They have a massive advantage over him in having run on the surface before and being battle hardened.

City of Troy also has to travel, adapt to a new environment and is at the mercy of the draw.

I am not betting much at the moment and I seldom lay horses but I will lay City of Troy if he is 7/4 or shorter on the day.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32179

I’m already on City of Troy at 8/1
    and Constitution Hill at 5/2 so I’ll quietly decline
    If Gladders was to offer me a garlic bread on the basis I pick one it would be City of Troy at this stage as Constitution Hill still has to prove he’s back let a lone back to his best

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.