The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Chezza’s August Bank Holiday Weekend Questionnaire

Home Forums Lounge Chezza’s August Bank Holiday Weekend Questionnaire

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1746

1. Prices.
    2. /
    3. Two to one on.
    4. Prison.
    5.I’m afraid so, yes.
    6. I have used certain.
    7. No.
    8. Always the jockey’s fault.
    9. No.
    10. For the last fifteen years or so yes. For 2023 I am currently in profit to the tune of £3.06.
    11. Once but I was drunk.
    12. I have a better life than anyone so no.
    13. No idea.
    14. I believe Newmarket is just her folly.
    15. Yes.
    16. None I have a black belt in Tai Kwon Do but that may not help.
    17. No idea.
    18. No idea.
    19. I hope not but it probably will.
    20. Never heard of them.

"Life is timeless, days are long when you're young"

Blocked
    • Total Posts 13000

Yet more colourful answers – many thanks to RTB for his contribution.

But how can he never have heard of Richard and Gladders??!!

I am "The Horse Racing Punter" on Facebook
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Ian_Davies_
    https://www.facebook.com/ThePointtoPointNHandFlatracingpunter/
    It's the "Millwall FC" of Point broadcasts: "No One Likes Us - We Don't Care"

Participant
    • Total Posts 1746

Q20 was done in jest.

"Life is timeless, days are long when you're young"

Participant
    • Total Posts 2367

1. Odds, I do occasionally say prices, but for the sake of your data collation I’ll opt for my more commonly used term ‘Odds’.

2. “/”, just seems the done way!

3. One to Two! Not really sure why people prefer saying the “on” part when saying it in reverse, seems vocabularirly (not a word) inefficient

4. Racing cliches are tough to listen to lol, so no.

5. Far too often now, in homage to our Mike.

6. Yes, never thought about it until now, so a tremendous question to ask the forum, but thinking about it I feel like I use “Mr. …” when I respect someone in racing.

7. No, because it’s never my fault my bets lose, it’s always the jockey or fixing trainer.

8. I unknowingly answered this question with my answer to #7. No losing bet is ever Ben’s fault!

9. I find Matt Chapman entertaining, I take everything he says with a pinch of salt.

10. No, if I don’t take records of profit/loss then I can never confirm I’ve made a loss.

11. I probably understand 1 in 10 posts made by Gamble, but that won’t stop me reading them. He’s like modern art – hard to understand but you can’t help but look.

12. CAS, and anyone else for that matter, who visits an array of courses is doing well in my book. Having also just read that CAS has been to Wolverhampton on a Monday night TWICE this year, I tip my hat, the opposite of a fair-weather supporter if ever there was one. Not too dissimilar to yourself Ian with your P2P outings!

13. I sadly know far too little about Glad’s eating habits, probably a good thing though, reading about good food makes me both hungry and jealous.

14. Trip could run the BHA with her eyes closed, so yes.

15. Yes again, Nathan just has a naturally hilarious and quick-witted brain, a real treasure to the forum!

16. I would never square up to BigG!

17. I think GT can live without Timeform as long as he’s isnt thinking about racing. He’s like an addict that can’t say no to the white stuff after he’s had a pint.

18. We can only hope.

19. No, the Shergar cup will though.

20. Bots crashed the exchange laying this one.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 13000

Scintillating answers from Ben, but that’s what we’ve come to expect, nay, demand!

Participant
    • Total Posts 16441

1. Both. I check the odds and take a price.

2. Definitely 11/4

3. Two to one on etc

4. Nope

5. Never but I know a man who has.😁

6. How posh..No

Something along those lines.

8. No I just move onto the next race.

9. No I find myself craving the off switch

10. Never, I’d be too worried my husband would find them. :wacko:

11. If I have my Enigma Codebreaker handy..Yes.

12. Yes..and I want his notebook. B-)

13. I’ve no idea but he’s very droll and makes me laugh.🤣😂

14. Knowing her I wouldn’t be surprised B-)

15. It’s a Yes from me.

16. No squaring up required..Graham is one of the nicest people on TRF. :rose:

17. A nano second.

18. No he just likes a challenge.

19. Hope not.

20. We’ll leave that one to the judge. :good:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 13000

I just KNEW you wouldn’t let me down, Jac!

A magnificent 20 from the Queen of “HQ.”

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7348

1. “odds” or “prices?” both

2. 11/4 or 11-4? Either

3. two to one on. “One to two” just sounds weird talking about betting and is best used to describe the age of a child at its most reckless and loud.

4. Do you use racing cliches? Probably

5. Only when alone. As I don’t know what Mike sounds like, I say it in the style of Alan Partridge.

6. Do you ever refer to someone as “a certain” or feel the need to use the prefix “Mr” see 4.

7. On a losing day, have you ever found yourself saying: “You never see a bookie on a bike?” No. A bookie would hardly be able to afford a bell for the bike on my pathetic stakes

8. If a horse you bet on doesn’t appear to have been seriously put in the race is your default reaction to blame the integrity of the sport or yourself for betting on a sport you already knew has integrity issues on some levels? The latter although I cheer myself up trying to guess what nonsense they will come up with for the stewards. My personal favourite is yielding ground being considered unsuitable for a jumps horse when it has already won on it about forty times.

9. When you see Matt Chapman in full make up on TV, do you ever find yourself suddenly craving a Terry’s Chocolate Orange? No but he hid in a bin once and it made me think of that character in the Muppets. Or maybe it was the Luke Harvey in the bin. Anyway…The Muppets,is what it reminded me of.

10. Do you keep records so you actually know to the penny how much you won or lost each year? No, I start A DLAP thread occassionally and stop when it gets too depressing. My brother did a spreadsheet once to prove how unprofitable sheep farming is. We all told him to feck off. Gambling and sheep farming are pleasant hobbies for me and ignorance is bliss.

11. Have you ever felt you fully understood a posting by gamble? No I don’t bother reading them now and just skip on to the next post. Never been to see a Beckett play either.

12. Have you ever felt that Cork All Star enjoys a better general quality of life than you because he’s always at the races? No, the only time I have thought about Cork I have just been a bit confused that he is not actually from Cork…I don’t think.

13. Have you ever felt that Gladiateur eats better generally than you do? What Ben said.

14. Do you harbour a suspicion that Triptych actually owns the Newmarket July course and that it’s essentially her back garden? Dunno but I want a guided tour of HQ, complete with tips, if I ever make it there. Sadly I have nothing to offer in return,I don’t think the Ulster Derby meeting will cut it.

15. Do you believe it’s high time Nathan’s memes were given their own TV series on BBC3 or 4? Yes, Cesca can be his co presenter.

16. How many pints of Brewsters Old Scrumpy (15% proof) would you need to drink before you’d square up to BigG? BigG wouldn’t hit a laydee. I feel we could have the chats over a Bushmills.

17. How long do you think GT could live in an environment which lacked access to Timeform publications? Within about 6 months GT would have come up with his own ratings publication that would make Timeform look both amateurish and scant.

18. Do you believe Captain Robbo will ever remember his TRF login? Come back the Spud! His login is “I❤️EE4eva” obviously

19. Do you believe The Racing League will still exist in 2025? Yes

20. What would you calculate the odds of the double where both Gladiateur and Richard say: “I favour a first past the post electoral system?” depends what the rest of the sentence is. I want a single transferable vote for the TRF awards to stoke things up a bit although there aren’t enough Raymo baked goods in the world to sustain the vote counters.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16441

:yahoo: Thanks Chezza..it had to be done..Wish HQ was in my garden and not 45 miles drive away although I do go the scenic route through the villages and luckily don’t have to touch the motorway. :good: Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Red Rum 77
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4515

1 Odds (except when it’s Evens :whistle: )

2 / (it’s a fraction after all)

3 Use the term “on” (although in line with 2 it should be half, third or whatever)

4 Yes, he might have a watch on him/her.

5 Never.

6 Depends on how well I know that, they might be a Mrs.

7 It’s a typical day for me.

8 See above

9 At work when racing on TV so I don’t see him as much, expect when on holiday and all TV racing experts are just lazy tipping the favourite. Often it’s one you can pick with a quick glance at the racing section of the morning paper.

10 Tried, found it depressing, I know I lose money but find it beneficial not to think about it.

11 Given up on that.

12 Know your Bettors I say.

13 Everyone probably eats better than me.

14 No suspicion, she does.

15 I think it’s starts in half an hour, or catch up on I player.

16 Not enough Scrumpy for that.

17 Not long.

18 No

19 No

20 Huge.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 13000

You’re welcome, Jac!

And more great answers from greenasgrass and Neil!

Participant
    • Total Posts 31477

1. Do you refer to “odds” or “prices?”

Both but odds more often

2. When typing the above is it “/” or “-” as is 11/4 or 11-4?

11/4

3. Do you say “one to two” or “two to one on?”

one to two or if I’m talking to my brother I’d say you have to put two on to win one profit

4. Do you use racing cliches like “that trainer knows the time o’day” or believe people who say such things should be sent to prison?

Use

5. Upon backing a winner, have you ever used the words “get” and “in” in the same sentence?

Yes

6. Do you ever refer to someone as “a certain” or feel the need to use the prefix “Mr” when talking about someone in racing in the belief it lends gravitas, irony or emphasis to your words?

Yes

7. On a losing day, have you ever found yourself saying: “You never see a bookie on a bike?”

No, plenty of bookies have gone broke

8. If a horse you bet on doesn’t appear to have been seriously put in the race is your default reaction to blame the integrity of the sport or yourself for betting on a sport you already knew has integrity issues on some levels?

Myself… although if I give someone a tip which they insist on despite me saying keep your money in your pocket and they come back to me if it loses I will say that I just pick the winners I don’t train or ride them

9. When you see Matt Chapman in full make up on TV, do you ever find yourself suddenly craving a Terry’s Chocolate Orange?

No

10. Do you keep records so you actually know to the penny how much you won or lost each year?

Not to the penny, no

11. Have you ever felt you fully understood a posting by gamble?

One or two.. I did wonder if he was ill at the time

12. Have you ever felt that Cork All Star enjoys a better general quality of life than you because he’s always at the races?

No

13. Have you ever felt that Gladiateur eats better generally than you do?

I’ve never felt that but I do eatt crap at times so he probably does

14. Do you harbour a suspicion that Triptych actually owns the Newmarket July course and that it’s essentially her back garden?

Triptych is the Queen of Newmarket, she owns July and Rowley

15. Do you believe it’s high time Nathan’s memes were given their own TV series on BBC3 or 4?

I’d have to speak to my financial advisor but a 5 minute slot on ITV racing would be sufficient

16. How many pints of Brewsters Old Scrumpy (15% proof) would you need to drink before you’d square up to BigG?

I wouldn’t dream of it

17. How long do you think GT could live in an environment which lacked access to Timeform publications?

6 years

18. Do you believe Captain Robbo will ever remember his TRF login?

No

19. Do you believe The Racing League will still exist in 2025?

Hope not.. but probably so yes

20. What would you calculate the odds of the double where both Gladiateur and Richard say: “I favour a first past the post electoral system?”

Nathbet goes 2 points lower than the lowest answer and greens up with the highest answers

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Blocked
    • Total Posts 13000

Reliably outstanding answers from Nathan.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16517

Both. It is context dependent.

As above.
    Neither.

I even say the “last day” sometimes.

No. Mike should get it copyrighted.
    Sometimes It’s age related but I wouldn’t call Jessica John. Generally first names and Mark Prescott occasionally gets Sir or SMP.

I used to have an account with a local Bookie. I knew him personally so winning was often an issue if it exceeded £50,which wasn’t very often. On several of those memorable occasions,He’d ring me at night and he’d say “listen Sam, there’s my wife crying in the background.
    We won’t eat tonight. Could we settle this on your account next month?” He owned or part owned Greyhounds and he’d offer people free trips and a slap up meal in Yarmouth if they agreed to put cash on the dogs for him.
    One Friday night in the local social club everyone pressed him to get a round in and when he declined saying he’d had a hard day at the shop, I led the bar in a chorus of have you ever seen a bookie on a bike. ( she’ll be coming round the mountain) it reverberated around a packed clubhouse before he relented and produced a huge wad of notes and bought everyone (over 100 people)drinks.
    Absolutely.

He is good for the sport, it needs characters of all sorts.

Absolutely not. I know I cannot make a profit. But I hold on to the firm belief that I will land some tricasts and that I will go through a card one day which I’m confident of doing.

Absolutely. I am at one with him.
    But truthfully no. Although sometimes he makes more sense than most.

No.

Yes.

It’s not a suspicion.
    I know she owns Newmarket and half of Suffolk and controls it all from her Essex Mansion, using a big screen to coordinate operations, whilst sat in a red leather bound chair stroking a Shetland pony.

I haven’t lived clearly , not having visited that part of the forum as yet.

Many many.

He is ever evolving so it is surely not an issue.

Which one?

Yes, but not as we know it.
    One man’s meat is another man’s veggie sausage. And I’m sure if you search in your heart Ian you can find a place for it.

No odds exist for which to give a figure.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 13000

My all-time favourite posting from you, Sam – great answers IMO, thank you.

Participant
    • Total Posts 163

1. Odds
    2. Slash
    3. Twos on. Sorry.
    4. Prison
    5. Yes indeed! Pretty much every time, if I’m honest.
    6. No
    7. No. But I might from now on, I like it.
    8. a, very closely followed by b
    9. No, but then again I’m a big fan of his
    10. No
    11. No nay never
    12. Yes!
    13. Yes
    14. No, a certainty
    15. Yes
    16. Not enough booze in the world
    17. Pass
    18. No
    19. Yes
    20. Not enough numbers in the world

Blocked
    • Total Posts 13000

Tremendous answers IMO, broadsword – thank you for taking part.

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.