The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Cheltenham Festival ladies day

Home Forums Horse Racing Cheltenham Festival ladies day

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    bear
    • Total Posts 143

Another sugar puffs down the wall moment whilst scanning the Racing Post this morning.

Edward Gillespie announces that the Festival will have a "Ladies Day" a la Aintree and Ascot, but isn’t game enough to declare which day it will be. No offers Thursday Edward I would suggest!

This man and his cohorts seem hell bent on turning the Festival into one giant p**s

-up, is there no one that can stop him?

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8798

Ladies Day at Cheltenham!!!!

I can see the point at Ascot, lots of top toff totty wheeling around in glorious fashions in the summer sunshine.

But Cheltenham. Henrietta Knight sporting a Barbour mini skirt in the peeing rain perhaps?

jackane24
    • Total Posts 444

That is disgusting. He’s turning it into another Royal Ascot. Be interesting to see how many women actually turn up. I don’t remember seeing a single one there this year.

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8798

Mortisha – Those tarts will be well practised, having attended at Chester every year.

Smithy
    • Total Posts 720

Quote: from jackane24 on 11:23 am on Oct. 18, 2006[br]That is disgusting. He’s turning it into another Royal Ascot. Be interesting to see how many women actually turn up. I don’t remember seeing a single one there this year.<br>

No one will ever turn the turgid slowboats big week out into anything vaguely resembling the spectacle that is Royal Ascot ;)

SirHarryLewis
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1208

Quote: from Smithy on 12:22 pm on Oct. 18, 2006[br]

Quote: from jackane24 on 11:23 am on Oct. 18, 2006[br]That is disgusting. He’s turning it into another Royal Ascot. Be interesting to see how many women actually turn up. I don’t remember seeing a single one there this year.<br>

No one will ever turn the turgid slowboats big week out into anything vaguely resembling the spectacle that is Royal Ascot ;)

Quite a spectacle alright…shame about the racing.

SHL

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6939

Quote: from Smithy on 12:22 pm on Oct. 18, 2006[br]<br>No one will ever turn the turgid slowboats big week out into anything vaguely resembling the spectacle that is Royal Ascot ;)<br>

<br>Naughty naughty. :biggrin:

How long before you are cheering in the advent of the first ever AW Festival of Racing, one wonders?

gc<br>

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

I don’t remember seeing a single one there this year.

<br>Jackane!

Not even a stable lass or trainer :o

I dislike ladies days at racing generally but its not the end of the world

Im coming round to the view that the 4 days is too diluted though. The sheer intensity of the three days was hard to match

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8798

‘How long before you are cheering in the advent of the first ever AW Festival of Racing, one wonders?’

My current spread on this is Feb-Mar 2010

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6939

Hihihihihihi. Not sure "Glorious Great Leighs" has too nifty a ring to it, Corm, but we’ll all get used to it soon enough…..

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Meshaheer
    • Total Posts 486

What’s this "Cheltenham-isn’t-for-women" crap?

It’s probably true that there are more men at Cheltenham than women – more men are into racing –  but if I and other women who love racing want to go to Chelters then we will!

As for Ladies’ Day – I don’t think there needs to be one at Cheltenham…for a start I can imagine it’s usually far too cold and/or windy to be wearing fancy frocks and fine hats. Secondly most days of that theme are money making opportunities which fill racecourses up with a load of drunk hapless women who know next to nothing about racing.

Still, I’ll be watching Cheltenham on TV. Far more comfortable and warm :)

Zoz
    • Total Posts 703

Speaking as a woman who has been to Cheltenham, I think it’s a bloody stupid idea.

I also think Omerta should shut up and try to cultivate a brain cell or two before being allowed to post again :biggrin:

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3181

There’s nothing wrong with ladies day at Aintree.  A top day of amazingly dressed women, the only thing I could criticise them on is the abundance of fake tan.

Ultimate Nightmare
    • Total Posts 326

Quote: from cormack15 on 2:24 pm on Oct. 18, 2006[br]‘How long before you are cheering in the advent of the first ever AW Festival of Racing, one wonders?’

My current spread on this is Feb-Mar 2010<br>

<br>What an excellent idea give us something to look forward to in march. ;)

Racing Daily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1364

Can you imagine getting across that ploughed field of a car park in three inch heels?<br>Not fun.  It was hard enough getting my Pirelli 185s through it, last time I attended LOL

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.