The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Cheltenham begin watering– new course

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham begin watering– new course

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 1402

Looking at the forecast it’s going to be too cold to dry out and with heavy rain forecast before racing it certainly looks like proper soft going for the first day

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Looking at the forecast it’s going to be too cold to dry out and with heavy rain forecast before racing it certainly looks like proper soft going for the first day

S**T!!

BeauRanger
    Participant
    • Total Posts 379

difficult to say how much we have had – a series of short sharp blustery showers today – windy and sunny inbetween. Not that cold but meant to be dry later / tonight / tomorrow morning with rain monday night. 8)

cheltboy
    • Total Posts 129

More rain in Cheltenham since mid afternoon. Not heavy though,
    Anyone backing a good ground horse on Tuesday will be wasting their dosh.

BeauRanger
    Participant
    • Total Posts 379

Clear now but ended up quite wet this afternoon – we had hail at some point :shock: . Wont be good for Tuesday but I wouldnt rule it out towards the end of the week – depends how it dries up – it is meant to get warmer. The concern would be the supposed rain that is due Monday night could be pretty soft on Tues.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Well played chaps, Jereds had his chips then, but hope for Albertas!

PaleRider
    • Total Posts 52

The weather and the watering of the course is going to throw up some results that ,the bookies are going to sing about ,why he ever watered the course i will never know ! the forecast was rain anyway ?

Participant
    • Total Posts 1229

Well played chaps, Jereds had his chips then, but hope for Albertas!

Yep disappointed also. I really like Jered and more to the point, I really wanted to see the great Character Harchi allowed to show his best and give us some intrigue.

Who knows, maybe the rain will still hold off. Terrible wind in Birmingham, seems lot like last year.

SHL

Blunkett
    Participant
    • Total Posts 416

Any rain today?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/

Midnight tonight will stuff me.

BeauRanger
    Participant
    • Total Posts 379

Dry,Sunny, quite windy so far – will be starting to dry out and its clothes drying weather 8) – going to chance it with my washing . Beginning to cloud over a bit now – starting to look showery but dry so far. Forcast I saw was for 1/2 inch rain so its up to the gods now but this is meant to be the last significant rain of the week :D

lol 2 mins later a few drops of rain falling but only a few drops – only a shower

BeauRanger
    Participant
    • Total Posts 379

Clouded over now – quite dark. Just started raining – looks very grey – only light to start with 8)

edit – stopped again wish it would make its mind up :roll:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Cheers Beau,
    any chance of a report 1st thing in the morning mate?

BeauRanger
    Participant
    • Total Posts 379

I’ll do one later and one in the morning – pointless spamming this thread everytime it starts raining then stops again :oops: although it looks like its going to rain soon – ill wait until we have something in the way of proper rain :lol:

BeauRanger
    Participant
    • Total Posts 379

Started raining about 15 mins ago – steadily – still very windy. Getting heavier now but how much we have through the night is anyones guess :)

BeauRanger
    Participant
    • Total Posts 379

Was raining early hours on and off not hard when I went to bed – got woken up just now as it was tonking it down :shock: .. Eased off now but its not going to take much of that to change the going if it hasnt already 8)

• Total Posts 1402

Commitmrnt above and beyond the call of duty. Thanks BeauRanger

• Total Posts 638

Yes, seconded…. many thanks Beau

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.