The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Cheltenham begin watering– new course

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham begin watering– new course

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    cheltboy
    • Total Posts 129

Cheltenham has started watering the new course, even though lots of rain forcast for tomorrow.

Another dry day here in Cheltenham. Very sunny.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 158

perhaps we could put daily going updates on the course conditions up until the festival kicks off

cheltboy
    • Total Posts 129

Raining in Cheltenham. Not heavy but steady for last 45 minutes.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Raining in Cheltenham. Not heavy but steady for last 45 minutes.

Keep up the good work Chelt boy, if you could keep us updated every day
    until the start of the festival that would be great mate! as far as the course
    being artificially watered! Completely unnescessary!

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

Any update? Rained virtually all day in Birmingham today – hopefully you haven’t had anything similar otherwise starting watering already might look pretty stupid.

BeauRanger
    Participant
    • Total Posts 379

been raining all afternoon – quite heavy now :lol:

edit sorry i stand corrected – its hammering it down (honestly) we have had quite a lot now :twisted:

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

I bet Ferdy Murphy’s not laughing – probably regretting not putting Kalahari King in the Grand Annual.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

been raining all afternoon – quite heavy now :lol:

edit sorry i stand corrected – its hammering it down (honestly) we have had quite a lot now :twisted:

Beau, Simon Claisse is quoted at 5.22pm today as saying the course has
    taken 1mm of rain today, conflicting reports, mind you he has been photographed with his super cool shades on, so he probably couldn"t see the rain from his water sprinklers!!

underscore
    • Total Posts 537

why on earth would Kalahari King run in the Grand Annual? BTW it stopped raining in Chelts some time ago. With no other rain expected for the rest of the week i think we may actually have the real Good to Soft that he makes up every year…..maybe even proper Good….

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

why on earth would Kalahari King run in the Grand Annual? BTW it stopped raining in Chelts some time ago. With no other rain expected for the rest of the week i think we may actually have the real Good to Soft that he makes up every year…..maybe even proper Good….

Heres hoping Underscore!

WelshWizard1973
    • Total Posts 185
    Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

More rain expected, and possible rain on Tuesday. This from the RP:

"Claisse left the going unchanged on the Old course as good to soft and soft, heavy in places on the cross country course. On the new course it remained good to soft, soft in places, but with "

slightly fewer soft places

" according to Claisse."

He presumably means slightly fewer than in his brain?

• Total Posts 1415

Oooh, one has been detected then?

I should probably resists making such comments but he does make it extremely difficult.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Oooh, one has been detected then?

I should probably resists making such comments but he does make it extremely difficult.

Claisse is to course management, as Kevin Keegan is to football
    management!

BeauRanger
    Participant
    • Total Posts 379

as I said we have had some rain – but yesterday was dry (shower just missed the course I think as I live approx 3 miles west of the course) and today (thurs) was dry (both days sunnys and cold). It has been cold so dont know how much has dried out.

I would think its going to be on the soft side of good unless it warms up – with heavy rain now forcast for monday intead of sunday according to this http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/2174 its is very cold at the moment.

I can keep you updated if you like – just dont shoot the messenger thats all :( I come in peace 8)

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

as I said we have had some rain – but yesterday was dry (shower just missed the course I think as I live approx 3 miles west of the course) and today (thurs) was dry (both days sunnys and cold). It has been cold so dont know how much has dried out.

I would think its going to be on the soft side of good unless it warms up – with heavy rain now forcast for monday intead of sunday according to this http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/2174 its is very cold at the moment.

I can keep you updated if you like – just dont shoot the messenger thats all :( I come in peace 8)

Well done Beau, keep up the good work! i cant be doin with part timers
    Cheltboy! You"re Fired!

cheltboy
    • Total Posts 129

Sorry, have been in London for a few days! Dry today in Cheltenham.

BTW. Betfair are sponsoring the pub opposite the railway station again. 20 per cent off pints again, Lots of publicity at station tonight.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.