The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Cheltenham 2010

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham 2010

Viewing 17 posts - 171 through 187 (of 227 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Get it started Please corm it’s something to yak about between the big races on that "how to get skint in one easy lessson" flat racing

If i thought for one minute the 1000"s of points you are speculating half a dozen times a day,were "Real money" then i would say you have a gambling problem! You only have to look at your initial notes in your diary where you say you will only bet between 500-6000 points and that you never bet everyday,words that reflect a disciplined approach! They have gone out the window,you are betting on anything and everything and your stakes now show you have 16000 and 20000 points on 2 horses next week! For someone who says he has 40yrs experience gambling,i can assure you in my 25yrs,your type of gambling wont last 40 months the way you are heading! Thats of course, you practice what you preach!!
    If so then the above quote of yours is true!

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3763

There’s a funny statistic regarding Balmore winners. No winner has ever won the Arkle or the RSA

Fist,

That’s the comment I was referring to – The West Awake won the race that is now the Ballymore and then the RSA chase.

AP

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2923

Matt Chapman has just been brown-nosing, Wllie Mullins on ‘Get On’.

No decisions have yet been made about the prospective Cheltenham targets for his novice chasers.

Colin

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

Any mention of Hurricane Fly, Col?

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2923

Yes, Grass.

The only thing I remember being said about the Hurricane was, Chapman asking if he would have a run on the flat before going jumping and the answer was, no. Mullins saying he didn’t want to rush the horse.

More may have been said but I had to rush for the sick-bag.

Matt sure enjoys licking ar@e.

Colin

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Mullins said he won’t be having a run on the flat, and that it has taken him a while to get used to being out in a paddock with other horses, as he was usually on his own from a young age. I think he said HFly didn’t enjoy getting the snip either, but who would? :lol:

Don’t know why he mentioned that anyway, as that happened a long time ago I think.

In defence of Matt Chapman, he is a damn sight better than Robert takes ten minutes to ask 1 question Cooper,

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

Thanks for the updates gents.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Why isn’t there a specific forum for CHELTENHAM 2010??

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

Cormack will create one soon (on pain of death).

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Thanks grassy

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Stan James prices for the RSA are ludicrous.

Mikael D’Haguenet: 7/2
    Punchestowns: 6/1
    Fiveforthree: 7/1
    Bensalem: 10/1
    Diamond Harry: 12/1
    Apt Approach: 16/1
    On Raglan Road: 33/1

I feel insulted :cry:

dannyanders
    • Total Posts 35

i love cheltenham think it pisses on flat racing jumps. heres a question the champion hurlde is tomorrow who does ruby ride ? my guess would be hurricane fly ive backed the hurricane at 7s but im a big celestial fan sure its 1 of them 2 for the champion

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

1/10 he would select Hurricane Fly if the race was tomorrow.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

1/10 he would select Hurricane Fly if the race was tomorrow.

Agreed Grass, because that would be the only chance he"s got of beating Celestial Halo,as he wont beat him come March! Its called "The Hill"!

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

Happy to double-up on our Mikael wager, TAPK.

My stake against your stake – Hurricane Fly finishes in front of Celestial Halo in the 2010 Champion Hurdle….NRNB.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Happy to double-up on our Mikael wager, TAPK.

My stake against your stake – Hurricane Fly finishes in front of Celestial Halo in the 2010 Champion Hurdle….NRNB.

Same stake Grass, completely seperate bet though,both horses must start the race! Interesting how in a match at current prices Hurricane would be 4/7 and Celestial 7/4, you are favoured yet again but TAPK knows his stuff! cometh the day of reckoning Celestial will only have had 2 runs as he is being laid out for it,Hurricane on the other hand will have no doubt sauntered around several times,he may even be an odds on fav on the day,but until i see him sauntering up the Cheltenham hill i am happy to have the "Celestial Halo" hovering over my Crown! Good Luck

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

Good man TAPK.

Viewing 17 posts - 171 through 187 (of 227 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.