The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Chelt Day 1 Bets

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham Archive Cheltenham 2016 Chelt Day 1 Bets

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jasolong
    Participant
    • Total Posts 604

Feels so close now til the big one!
    Interested on everyone’s day 1 thoughts.
    I know they could still change between now and the festival!

Supreme:
    Altior 6/1 – much like Min, Altior was very much talked up in the Henderson stable towards the back end of last season. Hence why I’ve been on antepost at 25/1.

Arkle: L’ami Serge 7/1 – has to be the value as I believe he would of finished 2nd in the supreme with a clear run and he has looked very comfortable over fences. Each-way looks very tasty.

Champion hurdle: Possibly looking at betting without Faugheen Market.
    Arctic Fire 5/2 (without Faugheen) – ran a great race last year and I’m sure he will finish closer to Faugheen at Cheltenham than he did in the Irish Champion Hurdle.
    Peace and Co – 6/1 (without Faugheen) have backed at 12/1 earlier in the season but would not be willing to bet anymore until he runs this Saturday. He has to win pretty convincingly for me, for him to even run in the Champion. But if he does I believe he is the one horse very much unexposed.
    Mares: Polly Peachum 10/1 – god I look like a Henderson fanatic! But I really did like how she ran last time and at the festival. I have heard it is polly peachums last season aswell so I’m sure she will hope to go out with a bang.

What are you guys all doing for day 1?

rocky91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 439

Iv got Far many bets to post but I agree with all of that apart from p&co. although iv have taken the earlier bigger prices and have more selections.

polly peachum ew in the mares, although you can get 12s. I have refrained myself from backing in the hope there will be some annie power evens or very close to it about on the day or a nrnb special before hand. If that dosent materialise polly peachum will deffinately be my play either in the place market or without annie.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2031

The Champion’s the real difficult one and has been all season long in my opinion. Could it be worth taking a chance at 25s on My Tent Or Yours? I see SkyBet have pushed out Nicholls Canyon to 14s which could represent some good each-way value; surely he didn’t run his race last time and’ll be much more a force come March. Other than that, I’ll be keeping a keen eye on the betting-without-Douvan markets as he seems the real certainty of the day and with any luck the bookies will try and get Min and push him out to something like 7/4 or maybe that’s wishful thinking. Arkle wise – I’m more leaning towards the Vaniteux camp than Lami Serge to be honest. PaddyPower are offering 20s about Anatol in the Novice’s Handicap and if I was more sure he’d be a participant I’d get on but I’ll wait and see. I’m also keen on Ned Stark at 25s in the other handicap chase. Native River looks appealing at 12s for the 4-miler and I’ll more than likely be smashing into Annie Power for the Mare’s once it’s NRNB.

Participant
    • Total Posts 11

My thinkings been pretty simple for Day 1 (my thinkings always simple :wacko: ). Douvan and Faugheen are absolute sure things and I’m expecting nothing else than they absolutely hose up the hill, before cartwheeling over the last and moonwalk over the line. That might be being a bit disrespectful to the other runners, but can you honestly see either being beaten?

Before Christmas after Faughs loss and Mins first run, I got 39/1 on the Min/Douvs/Faughs treble, and stuck £40 on.
    Since then, I’ve also had trebles with Altior and Buvuer Dair instead of min to got with Douvs and Faughs.
    All in all I’m very happy with my lot. I will get involved with the handicaps closer to the day. Haven’t bet on the Mares as its still cloudy as to who goes where.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.