The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Champion Hurdle 2012

Home Forums Archive Topics Champion Hurdle 2012

Viewing 17 posts - 154 through 170 (of 323 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 343

I thought these sort of connecting bets were of limit too. Idea being if the field is smaller the the race is easier to win for Hurricane. It is clearer in other areas but this is a dodgy one and i would get it confirmed by email perhaps that it is definitely allowed so they dont adjust if it comes in. Seen it happen before.

• Total Posts 121

There both on the CH market.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

I suppose arguably it could be related, but the bet’s been in their system for 2 weeks and given the amount staked & the fact that the price was cut the next day from 10/3 to 5/2, I’m pretty certain they’ve seen the bet. Also it’s a bet I’ve done online and something would’ve flagged up were it considered related.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2936

I thought these sort of connecting bets were of limit too. Idea being if the field is smaller the the race is easier to win for Hurricane. It is clearer in other areas but this is a dodgy one and i would get it confirmed by email perhaps that it is definitely allowed so they dont adjust if it comes in. Seen it happen before.

Think it’s more when one price is dependant on the other –

Sprinter Sacre winning the Arkle
    Long Run winning the Gold Cup
    Henderson being top trainer

You couldn’t take the price on the latter as it is heavily influenced by the previous two. It would have to be a special bet.

Runners in the race and a price on HF are not as connected.

• Total Posts 121

It clearly is,its the same race if HF runs the numbers go up.

Just ask Zarkava might save you a bit of bother if it comes up

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Unaccompanied and Oscar Whisky now certain non-runners.

Hurricane Fly
    Grandouet
    Zarkandar
    Binocular
    Rock on Ruby
    Oscars Well
    Brampour
    Overturn

I would say are all definites.

Possibilies include Thousand Stars (doesn’t look like he’ll run based on his price), Mikael d’Haguenet, Final Approach and Starluck. Clerk’s Choice is a colossal price at 700 but I still think he’s a possible runner due to insane connections who refuse to accept their horse isn’t good enough.

• Total Posts 343

Zarks, they wont be worried if they have noticed the bet. if it goes against their policies they would just adjust the settlement if it came as a winner.

Never expect the bookies to contact you with advice on these sort of things.

I do agree that it is not as heavily connected as some bets but their is a connection the smaller the field the less competitive the race is for hurricane.

Very iffy.

Nice shout on the field size bet though. Hopefully the no hoper does one and doesnt cock it up.

Never know, when Zarkandar gets mullered saturday he might not run afterall……

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

I quite like Sketti’s thoughts on Rock On Ruby coming out on top without Hurricane Fly. After all, he quickened up well and looked the most likely winner until First Lieutenant stayed on so well to pinch last years’ Neptune. However, since then, something took my interest…..

Rock On Ruby has looked good this year, especially when coming out on top against Empire Levant when top weight at the Hennessy meeting. He’s always seemed to have that mixture of stamina and speed that could take him places, and now he’s near the top of the Champion Hurdle market where he belongs.

HOWEVER, Binocular, yes that old thing, the enigma that is, has proved a tricky one so far this season, as he has most seasons. One thing you can say for sure is that he’s improved with every run. Now a lot of people said he wasn’t himself on Boxing Day, and that he didn’t look impressive, which is beyond me. No he wasn’t himself going round, he’s certainly had better races. But in a sense that’s what made him so good at Kempton. He’s never really been renowned for his scrapping and staying ability, something that he showed a lot of then, which both surprised and impressed me. Mccoy was niggling at him from a long way, and still he got him up. A good ride yes, but also the sign of a horse that won’t give up immediately, something we couldn’t always say.

Another thing that is often forgotten is his Cheltenham record. At first it was considered that he didn’t get the hill, but as he’s grown and matured you must think his record of 231 at Prestbury Park, along with his seemingly improved scrapping ability must surely make him look good for a place. I know I’d have him in my 1st 3.

Sketti, if Rock On Ruby is in your top 3, then Binocular must surely be also.

• Total Posts 343

Boz. i have always liked binocukar but he is so hit and miss. He was more suited to kempton boxing day. ROR on a climb would have beaten him. ROR has stamina over bin too. Purely a bet on price really now 9s with billy hills. If he is 14 with hurricane i just think 9 without is massive. id have over oscars now too who was going well in rsa last year but after watching the error several times i just believe his run was dwindling and ror was going past regardless.

Price orientated bet mainly. 9s is a massive price when you want to take the 5yo on. Grandouet finds trouble in small fields. A line through overturn puts ror ahead too but i dont buy into that dribble.

Zarkandar i just cant have, no run, and mixed messages and 5.

binocular could be the one but he is about 4 or 5s so why is ror 9s. Keep topping up.

Weirdly i had a festival dream last night whereby ror was robbed of second and should have been awarded it in thee stewards room. Shouldnt worry though I also dreamt medermit won the suprmeme and i had to run a 2 mile race to get to cheltenham. I blame the cheese.

• Total Posts 343

mean the neptune with oscars. used to be rsa hurdle

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Whole panel at Tipperary tonight agreed that Hurricane Fly cannot be beaten. Robbie Power said Oscars Well will run well but can’t win.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2936

Well if Hurricane Fly doesn’t win, Zarkandar will. Very impressive for one so inexperienced. Ruby seemed delighted. If he comes on 10-14 then he has a chance.

Arightgoodyoke
    • Total Posts 24

So much for Zarkandar getting mullered!! Maybe he ll get a bit more respect from HF lovers now. I tipped and backed him for CH about may time looks like it’ll be a cracking race. HF is beatable remember solwit, 1 thing correct me if I’m wrong HF doesnt find as much as some under pressure.

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

So much for Zarkandar getting mullered!! Maybe he ll get a bit more respect from HF lovers now. I tipped and backed him for CH about may time looks like it’ll be a cracking race. HF is beatable remember solwit, 1 thing correct me if I’m wrong HF doesnt find as much as some under pressure.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t Hurricane Fly pick up an injury during that race?

Participant
    • Total Posts 2037

I thought that was very impressive performance by Zarkander; the slow poace was against him, he looked well beaten 3 out, perhaps got a break when Jonjos horse came dowm and interfered with his stablemate. But he ran on very well, beat a field of experienced handicappers. Probablt doesn’t have the Fly’s pace, but a worthy second favourite.

• Total Posts 121

Just a question to all those who think Zarkandar will beat Hurricane Fly……
    How far would Hurricane Fly won carrying 11-1 yesterday?

• Total Posts 614

Well if Hurricane Fly doesn’t win, Zarkandar will. Very impressive for one so inexperienced.

Ruby seemed delighted

. If he comes on 10-14 then he has a chance.

That’s more of a concern for Zarkandar backers if you think about it ! :lol:

Viewing 17 posts - 154 through 170 (of 323 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.