The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Champion Hurdle 2011

Home Forums Archive Topics Champion Hurdle 2011

Viewing 17 posts - 324 through 340 (of 397 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 32975

Anyone know if anything came to light to explain Overturn’s run at Wincanton?

Donald McCain stated the ground was to blame Ginger,when he arrived at the course he was told by several people that it was a lot softer than expected,Jason Mcguire confirmed that by saying he never felt at any time the horse was happy.If

Overturn

gets good ground on Tuesday you will get a run for your money,i have taken 50/1 myself,e/w of course,i can see him being backed too.

Thanks OSS,

Just taken a bit of 66/1 (win bet) with Stan James.

Value Is Everything
    Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1889

I bet on Peddler’s Cross, but I like the look of Dunguib’s record now, and quite a nice price. I get the feeling there’s a good bit of improvement in him, which, of course, he’ll need.

Participant
    • Total Posts 221

I am certain Peddlers will win now, Timeform only have him as a 3 star rating!!

I would of been worried if those shower of clueless muppets had of selected him!!

They have gone for;

1 Hurrican Fly
    2 Oscar Whisky
    3 Menorah

You can safely lay all the above!! :lol: :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 32975

Monjeu will win one one day. However, there is a good reason for the poor stat. Does transfer his temperament to a lot of his progeny, as well as quality.
    Watching ATR this week, DD said Hurricane Fly can get a bit buzzy in the paddock. If he does that at Leopardstown; with the travel over and big crowds, Cheltenham could be his undoing.

If this was anywhere else I’d make him clear favourite, where as it is only joints with me. If drifting I might save on him tomorrow, won’t unless he’s relaxed enough in the paddock.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 221

Anyone know if anything came to light to explain Overturn’s run at Wincanton?

Donald McCain stated the ground was to blame Ginger,when he arrived at the course he was told by several people that it was a lot softer than expected,Jason Mcguire confirmed that by saying he never felt at any time the horse was happy.If

Overturn

gets good ground on Tuesday you will get a run for your money,i have taken 50/1 myself,e/w of course,i can see him being backed too.

Thanks OSS,

Just taken a bit of 66/1 (win bet) with Stan James.

I had a little of Overturn @ 40/1 e/w and also a revrse forecast with him and peddlers!! I think he may be a forgotten horse!!

The real money still on peddlers though!!

I will be dreaming tonight of overturn leading until two out when peddlers comes tanking and both horses have a ding dong battle to the line split by a head, 2 lenghts ahead of hurricane fly in third at the finish!!

Participant
    • Total Posts 32975

I am certain Peddlers will win now, Timeform only have him as a 3 star rating!!

I would of been worried if those shower of clueless muppets had of selected him!!

They have gone for;

1 Hurrican Fly
    2 Oscar Whisky
    3 Menorah

You can safely lay all the above!! :lol: :lol:

You seem to always look at what these "clueless muppets" think.

If they’re clueless, why bother wasting your time?

You can read Timeform in many ways. My study, using Timeform and sportinglife.com and my own thoughts has come up with these VALUE 3:

Oscar Whiskey 9/1, Khyber Kim 14/1 and Overturn 66/1.

Value Is Everything
    • Total Posts 110

You can read Timeform in many ways. My study, using Timeform and sportinglife.com and my own thoughts has come up with these VALUE 3:

Oscar Whiskey, Khyber Kim and Overturn.

I do hope you’re right with you assessment of Oscar Whiskey as I have a very nice ante post post ticket since before he won in January.

My head say’s that he wont have the turn of foot though,especially on decent ground. His jumping hasn’t been as fluent as I would like either. I hope I’m wrong though!

Participant
    • Total Posts 221

Yes I have been put off winners by them in the past but I learned my lesson thank god!!

I just like to look at the racecard for form links on the oddschecker website so I usually take a peak at their wayward selections too!! When they dont fancy my horse im now inspired instead of put off!!

Its a long learning curve!!

doyley
    Participant
    • Total Posts 567

Hello,

MILLE CHIEF will run well on good ground…

regards,

doyley

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9300

Overturn and Clerks Choice ew, more in hope than expectation.

RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

The gamble started on Hurricane Fly late afternoon and drifted once the going was announced, GOOD (Good To Soft in places), this will be once again a bookies festival and there is value to be had, I’m on Oscar Whisky but I reckon the ground is against him here have antepost 12/1 on him but like to lay, Overturn and Clerks Choice are value imo. Hurricane FLy has pissed up on bad ground, won after a long lay off in the Rabobank but only just, was that maybe just thr ground though, shame there is no Binocular he would have won imo.

BeauRanger
    Participant
    • Total Posts 379

I saw Clerks Choice back in Oct at Chelt – was the most impressive horse I saw that day in quite a hot contest – won very very easily going away and came up the hill like a train. Something I wont forget in a hurry – has been aimed highly after that.

Very impressive that day – the way he came up the hill. All the stats are against him but he may appreciate the better ground – I will be cheering him on 8)

Had a free bet go at Pedlers Cross as is very highly thought of – will be interested to see how much juice they have put into the ground as it was very warm in the sun today.

RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

He wasn’t that far away from Cue Card although a bit from Menorah but surely the ground will be way better tomorrow than that day although I reckon Menorah will act on it too. Also very interesting his run in October was very very fast, better than Binocular but his form very very patchy.

• Total Posts 479

WIth the champ out of the way this race is between Kyber Kim and Thousand Stars. BAcked them both to win at good odds so cant lose.

• Total Posts 52

WIth the champ out of the way this race is between Kyber Kim and Thousand Stars. BAcked them both to win at good odds so cant lose.

Great pay day for you if you are right.

Personally I think it is between the three at the head of the market. Of them, I prefer the 9/2 for Peddlers Cross. His record is superb, preparation sound, Maguire on board is a big plus and course form. Menorah is a class animal but not having run for so long (I often question the value of some trends but that one makes sense as he his going into the fastest hurdle race there is with no prep run), Hurricane Fly is a lovely horse but I am not sure of the form with Solwhit and no record at Cheltenham is a concern. Peddlers for me, good luck.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 23

wake up in the morning in a bad mood, angrily jump on your bike and get down to the bookies and get on because it wont get overturned and the forecast is looking good…no more clues needed.

Getzippy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1152

Binny not attending does take away the gloss from what was the race of the jumping season so far.

Still – Menorah

1st

Hurricane Fly

2nd

Dunquib

3rd

– I advise a combintaion tricast.

I respect Peddlers, but he could lack a turn of foot. Mille Chief CANNOT WIN.

Zip

Viewing 17 posts - 324 through 340 (of 397 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.