The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Champion Chase 2016

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham Archive Cheltenham 2016 Champion Chase 2016

Tagged: 

Viewing 17 posts - 86 through 102 (of 132 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 32124

deleted – senior moment

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Let’s just keep this simple, shall we? Somersby EW

Participant
    • Total Posts 423

I think I read they are going to the Grand Annual this year instead

Jasolong
    Participant
    • Total Posts 604

I cannot express how excited I am to see sprinter Sacre vs Un De Sceaux. I honestly believe sprinter will improve on any performance shown this far this season and get to within 6-8 pounds of his very peak best.
    And I think that will be enough for him to Beat Un De Sceaux. The sight of them both being 10 lengths clear of the field approaching the second last is the most exciting moment I can imagine ever in horse racing.
    9/2 about sprinter Sacre to me is unreal value. I will absolutely lump on this horse. If it wins I’ll be in dreamland

Participant
    • Total Posts 404

I’m in the opposite boat Jasolong as although i think Sprinter might well run his race of the season i still think he’ll be half a dozen lengths behind the new Superstar on the block.
    This Un De Sceaux is an absolute cracker of a horse and i’m surprised he hasn’t quite grabbed the attention of the public just yet but he will in a fortnights time. His run last time showed he’s grown up a bit and i think he’s now the complete package. I can not wait for this and likewise will be betting accordingly. Good luck, i think you’ll need it :yes:

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

I think I read they are going to the Grand Annual this year instead

😮

Idiots. 2nd 2 years running in the Champion Chase. If it ain’t broke…

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Somersby’s in!

Participant
    • Total Posts 117

Think I’ll back Sizing Granite each way at 25s

Hasn’t fired in two runs this year after winning the novice chase at Aintree with some authority. I fondly recall backing an out of sorts Sizing Europe for the same connections back in the 2011 champion chase before slamming Master Minded and Big Zeb at a double figure price.

Maybe clutching at straws but worth a few quid for a place

LD73
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3109

Based on the times they have been clocking (good rather than good to soft ground) I would be slighty concerned for the ground with UDS as he needs some given in it.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32124

Mullins had them bang on today and has been happy with UDS for a while, I wasn’t overly happy with the comment though about a week or so ago saying he is ready to go now and the race cant come quick enough, how easy is it to keep a horse rock fit at a high level without him bubbling over past fit peakness?

Participant
    • Total Posts 32124

Roll on 3.30pm
    Cant wait to see them all
    I’ve already got squeaky bum syndrome so I’ll be a nervous wreck later
    Come on UN DE SCEAUX………!!!!!

Participant
    • Total Posts 2367

good luck nath come on the sceaux

Participant
    • Total Posts 404

Today’s the day Un De Sceaux puts any of the doubters to bed. :rose: Love him

Participant
    • Total Posts 1751

For old times sake I’ll be chucking a couple of quid EW on Sire De Grugy who at least has looked a little bit more like his old self this season.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4675

This race revolves around one horse: Sprinter Sacre. If he’s anywhere near his best, he’ll pick this lot up and carry them.

The problem, of course, is that a lot of water has passed under the bridge since that demolition of Sizing Europe et al three years ago. Sprinter looked good on his return in the Shloer Chase but was far less impressive at Kempton; on the latter form, he’d struggle to make the frame here.

Still, I’d rather take 6s about Sprinter being close to his best than odds-on about Un de Sceaux (who is, statistically, 4-6 just to jump round) today. God’s Own may pick off beaten horses and creep into the frame; he’s my each-way selection.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6114

I wouldn’t be so quick writing off Sprinter Sacre. I think he is rock solid eac way and could just pull off a shock

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Roll on 3.30pm
    Cant wait to see them all
    I’ve already got squeaky bum syndrome so I’ll be a nervous wreck later
    Come on UN DE SCEAUX………!!!!!

Good Luck today Nath.Am hoping Dodging Bullets runs 2nd to you at 16/1. B-)

Viewing 17 posts - 86 through 102 (of 132 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.