The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Champion Bumper 2009

Home Forums Archive Topics Champion Bumper 2009

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

Absolutely cheesed – neither Lidar or Vino Griego declared. I am finding both decisions a little hard to believe. What is up with the British trainers – why enter in the first place? Lidar had no more than an exercise canter at Doncaster so that was surely not a reason for not running. I think it was as long ago as yesterday that Moore had the chance to mention that Vino Griego would not run – I can only assume he is injured as there cannot be any other excuse after talking the horse up for several weeks. I begin to wonder whether it all just revolves around whether the owners have had a punt?

Participant
    • Total Posts 441

Its probably because the owners/trainers don`t think they had much chjance. For me Quinola des Obeaux looks the winner.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1229

Its probably because the owners/trainers don`t think they had much chjance. For me Quinola des Obeaux looks the winner.

Or they feel that horse will benefit long term by missing what could be an ordeal for them.

SHL

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3176

Another for Oat Granola Des Obeaux – looked a machine in two starts against near enough nothing though so taking a chance.

PaleRider
    • Total Posts 52

Why do so many peeps want to back english horses in this ,they got a bad record in the race ,we all know the irish win it most years !!! and mullins sending 10 or so dont give me much condifence that he knows which is the best ,and the bumpers in ireland this year have been non competitive to .

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

Or they feel that horse will benefit long term by missing what could be an ordeal for them.

As I said then why bother with the entry? The race has not suddenly become more difficult since the initial entry stage. Moore has continually talked his horse up and the first indication any ‘outsider’ had of the horse not running was at the last declaration. To put it kindly his handling of things has left a lot to be desired.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1229

As I said then why bother with the entry? The race has not suddenly become more difficult since the initial entry stage. Moore has continually talked his horse up and the first indication any ‘outsider’ had of the horse not running was at the last declaration. To put it kindly his handling of things has left a lot to be desired.

No, but the condition of the horse or the situations can all change quiet. Making definite plans for horses too early is pointless really. You would need to keep your options open.

SHL

• Total Posts 2184

Pat Smullen confirmed to ride Rite Of Passage for Dermot Weld. There’s an awful lot of talk around for this horse. DK is apparently quite keen on his chances. I can see him being punted against Willie’s brigade and going off a clear second favourite on the day.

• Total Posts 638

IC, it’s hard to imagine a Giants Causeway taking this against the Fenton and Mullins horses. He doesn’t look particularly big or robust either.

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

Rite of Passage was the one I wanted to back for this, but I confess I was somewhat disappointed by his last run. It’s true that they gave far too much rope to the one that kicked-on in the last half-mile, but he looked marginally laboured in trying to reel him in, and didn’t go with quite the zing I’d hoped for.

The race is a fecking mystery to me, and I’ll probably end-up dutching three of Mullins outsiders to small stakes.

• Total Posts 115

Our decision not to run Lidar was simply because bumpers are about introducing horses to racing – they don’t need a championship race on a tough course. Why potentially ruin a horse with long term potential for the sake of a single race? The entry was an option and Alan has made a really good call.

PaleRider
    • Total Posts 52

Our decision not to run Lidar was simply because bumpers are about introducing horses to racing – they don’t need a championship race on a

tough course. Why potentially ruin a horse with long term potential for the

sake of a single race? The entry was an option and Alan has made a

And he couldnt win anyway ! :wink:

really good call.

• Total Posts 115

Our decision not to run Lidar was simply because bumpers are about introducing horses to racing – they don’t need a championship race on a

tough course. Why potentially ruin a horse with long term potential for the

sake of a single race? The entry was an option and Alan has made a

And he couldnt win anyway ! :wink:

really good call.

You’re a piece of work… get a life

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

Our decision not to run Lidar was simply because bumpers are about introducing horses to racing – they don’t need a championship race on a tough course.

So that confirms exactly what I said there was no point making the entry.

• Total Posts 2184

Just a quick update on Willie Mullins’ jockey arrangements for those who are interested. Ruby to ride Quel Esprit, David Casey on Gagewell Flyer, Paul Townend on Meath All Star and Patrick on Sicilian Secret.

Participant
    • Total Posts 7508

One that may have slipped under the radar here is Bygones Of Brid. Karen McLintock had produced a couple of decent bumper performers this season, and Nodforms Violet wouldn’t have been out of place here either but I presume will be aimed at Aintree.

Bygones Of Brid needed a learning experience at Hexham first time out, but won there with consummate ease on his second attempt in October. He then eased away from his field to win at Ayr, giving the impression there was a gear or two unused.

As ever it’s a fiendishly tough race to analyse but it wouldn’t surprise me if Bygones Of Brid puts up a prominent performance.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Dunguib and Henry King for me, the latter having been incredibly impressive in beating the re-opposing Pepe Simo on debut. It’s tangible form at the very least – how Dunguib, and one or two of Mullins’s, have been awarded higher RPRs than Cousin Vinny received for his Punchestown win on the basis of wide margin, heavy ground victories is beyond me – though I have to place some faith in Victor Dartnall returning to some sort of form.

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 66 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.