The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Champion bumper

Home Forums Archive Topics Champion bumper

Viewing 17 posts - 52 through 68 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 509

A race I used to do very well in and Zark’s analysis pretty much backs up my way of thinking (only on RPRs though, not a speed merchant). I love the intrigue this race.
    Landed nice touches courtesy of Total Enjoyment, Missed That, Cork all Star and a nice no2 selection in Dunguib (Rite of Passage the main bet..). Going back earlier I recall Florida Pearl, Montelado, Mucklemeg and Dato Star all nice winning bets.
    The last two years have been a bit of a disaster however there hasnt been any standouts, although a few have been big on the day punts that came to nothing such as Shot from The Hip.
    To my mind Moscow Mannon has all the right credentials having landed three nice bumpers on varying ground and improving each time. My only slight concern for his chances is his rider who I know little about, being unable to utilise his claim although this was not enough to stop Dunguib or Cousin Vinny in recent years.
    Champagne Fever definatley one to keep on the right side of – Mullins unusually pretty much gave him as his no1 choice post race interview of his last win.
    One UK challenger that cought my eye is Hold Court – goes on Friday at Newbury – check his win at Ludlow, hugely impressive. Quoted at 40s..this could be the nearest to another Cue Card.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Andrew Lynch said Jesky isn’t a certain runner.

Davy Russell said Moscow Mannon’s is Ireland’s best chance but he’s worried about a 7lb claimer riding him.

Fickle Fortune definite NR and runs at Aintree.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2936

Well if Hurricane Fly doesn’t win, Zarkandar will. Very impressive for one so inexperienced. Ruby seemed delighted. If he comes on 10-14 then he has a chance.

Participant
    • Total Posts 509

Dont think we’ve seen the bumper winner today, a bubble or two burst and the front pair didnt create much of a visual impression.
    Up the Moscow Mark II :)

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Yeah Jonjo said if Shutthefrontdoor isn’t quick then he’s got a lot of slow horses at home, but said after the race he needs to improve a stone.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2936

I had the runner-up for a four timer. Sometimes i wish AP would give up and go home !

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Royal Guardsman slow. Topspeed of just 56. Shutthebiscuittin a lot better on 120. No RPR yet though.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

Every year bumpers represent my most profitable races. Without resorting to a million posts I put up Cue Card on here a couple of years ago and Royal Guardsman this year. Surprisingly I managed to do that without reference to or any knowledge of topspeed figures.

For those who don’t particularly want to be blinded by science Royal Guardsman was hugely impressive today in a race where several of the opposition were fancied. He settled beautifully, came there on the bridle and really stretched out when asked to win his race. It was visually the most impressive bumper performance I have seen this season. I guess there are a few trainers who wouldn’t mind one as slow as him. Given those above him in the market 16/1 still looks too big. Assuming he takes his chance he does have to prove he can act round Cheltenham but the same will apply to virtually everything in the race. Nice to see the Nocks associated with another good horse.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Every year bumpers represent my most profitable races. Without resorting to a million posts I put up Cue Card on here a couple of years ago and Royal Guardsman this year. Surprisingly I managed to do that without reference to or any knowledge of topspeed figures.

That’s astonishing. You managed to make that sound as patronising as possible.

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

Gevrey Chambertin, although outrageously bumped off at Newbury, clearly doesn’t have the flat speed for the bumper, and fair play, Pipey said he’d wrap him up in cotton wool, as in to imply he wouldn’t be.

The words coming out of the stable though seem to regard him in such a high manner, I’m hoping he’ll live up to it next season over hurdles.

Participant
    • Total Posts 509

That could be listed under ‘Touche’ , no offence meant to either party.

Interstingly RG was put up long since by a notable expert, the same one who has Moscow Mannon as his bumper selection… :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Utopian posted a topspeed figure of 59 at Fontwell. Sssssssssssslllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

bainsey2k10
    • Total Posts 19

Hi All

Will sword of honour run do we think?

Thanks

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

That could be listed under ‘Touche’ , no offence meant to either party.

Interstingly RG was put up long since by a notable expert, the same one who has Moscow Mannon as his bumper selection… :wink:

Who/when because Royal Guardsman was only quoted on oddschecker after I asked for a price?

Participant
    • Total Posts 509

Mark Howard, back in the autumn. Gave Moscow Mannon in his Xmas update. I got on that at 25s, but overlooked RG.

• Total Posts 9

Does anybody know why the market has been suspended on betfair for the bumper? Having backed Population at 16/1 a few months back and it drifting to 37 on betfair it is a bit unassuring to say the least. Other than him I’m unsure of any of the others in the bumper.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Because entries were made today. They’ll be published on Thursday along with the Mares’.

Viewing 17 posts - 52 through 68 (of 99 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.