The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Champagne Stakes 2009

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Champagne Stakes 2009

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Goldikova
    • Total Posts 1537

I’m drawn to Emperor Claudius even though he would appear to be the weakest of the Ballydoyle trio going by the jockey. Silver Grecian wiped the floor with him lto, but the undulations didn’t seem to help. At 20/1 i’m willing to take a little gamble that he can sneak in the top 2. Let’s hope he can embark on a succesful conquest of Britain tomorrow, for his namesake’s old time.

thehorsesmouth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5552

If I had a betfair account I’d lay Silver Grecian til the cows come home. Emperor Claudius is a mule. It’s not a betting race for me.

Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Does anybody really care who wins this?

Should be Poet’s Voice if he doesn’t set a break-neck pace like last time and the form of the Acomb’s worked out very nicely indeed.

Goldikova
    • Total Posts 1537

Two replies into this thread and the grim reaper is at it already. I obviously care who wins it as i made the thread. Put your scythe away.

yorkshirepudding
    • Total Posts 608

I like Viscount Nelsons breeding, Poets Voice on the other hand is a handsome fellow, though he ran out of stamina last time out, so the former gets the nodd.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Poet’s Voice obviously has the form in the book, but I thought

Await The Dawn

was impressive on debut and should appreciate the faster ground (it’s not as if Ballydoyle second-strings haven’t won races before either).

I’ve taken the 7/1.

guskennedy
    • Total Posts 759

Does anybody really care who wins this?

I should think anyone interested in decent Flat racing would care.

rory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Silver Grecian is obviously up against it giving weight away, but I think he’s even better than his Superlative Stakes win suggests and rate him a fascinating long term prospect. I’ve seen worse 33/1 shots for the Guineas.

Gerald
    • Total Posts 4293

I’ve had a couple of bets, but they are inconsistent with each other. Does that mean that collectively they aren’t actually VALUE?

Await The Dawn has gone out to 20, so I stepped in again, originally having bet it at 13 last night.

I’ve also taken all the 80 about Viscount Nelson for the 2000.

rory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Happy with that; Silver Grecian comes out marginally the best horse at the weights but will still be underrated because of his connections.

Goldikova
    • Total Posts 1537

I thought Poets Voice came out of it looking good. As Simon Crisford said though, it would be better if they could steady it and drop it in. It made all though and won well. Nice start to the day for Suroor and Frankie.

Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Get your bets on now for the July Cup.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.