The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Carling Cup – Arsenal V Tottenham HT/FT – whatdyathink?

Home Forums General Sports Carling Cup – Arsenal V Tottenham HT/FT – whatdyathink?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Getzippy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1152

Hi All,

Arsenal are a best price 5/2 (Corals) to lead HT/FT.

I make that more of a 13-8 – 15-8 shot.

Tottenham’s Kindergarten defence V Arsenal’s awesome creativity?

Opinions please…

Zippy

Ps,

I will wager some groats on the HT/FT – just need some extra confidence from you guys! :wink:

wakeman
    • Total Posts 434

Hi Getzippy, being a Spurs Supporter :lol: obviously from my point of view i would prefer it the other way, but on a more sensible note a good bet, but i would add Draw HT Arsenal FT just in case.

Cheers.

Adrian

Getzippy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1152

You may be right there – Draw/Arsenal just in case.

Out of interest – do you back Spurs to win even if you really think they will struggle?

Cheers

Zippy

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

I probably won’t be having a bet personally, though I agree Arsenal HT/FT looks a decent bet and that’s where I would be putting my money if I had a pre-match bet.

Yes, Wenger is playing some youngsters again, but with Eduardo in sparkling form, Van Persie possibly playing, and Walcott, Denilson, Senderos, Diaby, Bendtner in the line up – this is still a very strong Arsenal team.

Plus Spurs are dreadful at the back. If Dawson and Kaboul line up at the back, I will be having a bet :lol:

Getzippy, I know your question wasn’t directed at me, but regarding my team (Boro) I never ever back them or back against them despite what my thoughts are about their chances. Most cases they will be underdogs and probably favourites to lose – but I could never back them to lose Yet if I ever backed them to win, they would probably fail.

All the best,

Mike

wakeman
    • Total Posts 434

In my case only out of loyalty, but i may as well give that to yourself, don’t know if you get the RP but they have only won one of there last 43 away games against the big four, although to be fair i thought they were a tad unfortunate last month there in the league, so that is a statistic that needs righting, but until then you go with the flow.

Thankfully this is not decided Tonght but i get the feeling that the Second leg will be just for the sake of it.

I will be doing the said above bets but will be more than delighted if it were to backfire but i somehow think this will niot be the case, defeatest i
    know, but hey won’t be the last time :) .

Cheers again.

Adrian.

Getzippy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1152

Hi Mike,

Agreed re tonight’s game.

Interesting.

So do you have a similar stance to backing England?

Cheers

Zip

Getzippy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1152

Well, good luck with the wager Adrian, I hope Spurs show their attacking flair and make it a good spectacle…not too good though :wink:

Enjoy,

Zip

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

Hi Mike,

Agreed re tonight’s game.

Interesting.

So do you have a similar stance to backing England?

Cheers

Zip

Not really. Don’t get me wrong, I love England national team but I have a lot more passion for Boro than I do England.

If there were some good betting propositions regarding an England game I wouldn’t hesitate to have a bet, whereas I would rarely touch a Boro game.

I do back Boro (out of loyalty) in long term competitions though like the Carling Cup, FA Cup etc (I backed them e/w in the UEFA Cup at 66/1 the year they were runners up) – it’s just single matches that I never back them.

Mike

insomniac
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1453

Hi getzippy. Good luck with the HT/FT. (By the way it’s currently 2.65 / 1 – before commission – on Betfair).
    I find it hard enough to predict a winner over 90 mins let alone after 45 as well.

Getzippy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1152

Bloody Kids!

Seriously though, Spurs deserved to win.

Not sure what I’ll do in the return leg….

Zip

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

Arsenal are as big as 6.6 on Betfair and 9/2 at the bookies to land the Half-Time/Full-Time bet tonight.

What do you think Zippy? A chance to recoup losses from the first leg or a waste of money?

Simply because you will never get these odds domestically again about Arsenal, I’m having £20 on tonight :D

Mike

chateauonline
    • Total Posts 45

Hi MikkyMo,

I backed Arsenal a number of times last season and got the impression they always left everything late.

Not followed them too closely this season – have they got over that habit of not scoring until the final 10/15 minutes?

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

Hi Chateau,

In all competitions Arsenal have scored 28 goals from the 76th minute onwards, compared to 48 goals before the 76th minute – so that stat alone shows that they haven’t got out of the habit of scoring late.

Time of Arsenal goals;

01 – 15 min = 14 goals
    16 – 30 min = 9 goals
    31 – 45 min = 7 goals
    46 – 60 min = 12 goals
    61 – 75 min = 6 goals
    76 – Full Time = 28 goals

I think you will find that this pattern is similar with all of the big clubs however as they keep going right to the death while their opponents fade (Reading v Man Utd last Saturday is a perfect example).

All the best,

Mike

sberry
    • Total Posts 1801

i just backed arsenal at 3.3 for the 90 minutes and now they are 3.2 – still a rude price imo

i am filling my proverbial boots, so to speak – hopefully i shall be looking for a wheelbarrow later as opposed to a second hand pair of boots …

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

We haven’t had the best of starts Sberry :cry:

1-0 down after just 3 minutes :cry:

Mike

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.