The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Can Cockney Rebel Do It Again?

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks Can Cockney Rebel Do It Again?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Young MickYoung Mick
    • Total Posts 203

I think, of all the times which I have backed him this season I am most confident about him now. He has beaten nearly everything in the field and I believe Dutch Art is over hyped. At 6/4 I think theres not much value but I will be backing him.What do people think about his chances and if he is to get beat what horse will be responsible?

Sailing Shoes
    • Total Posts 368

6/4 appears a big price to me…

ClintM
    • Total Posts 237

As Young Mick said, he’s beaten most of his opponents before, and should do again, imho. 6/4 is a play for me.

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

I think he will and 6/4 is probably not a bad price either. As a general rule, I don’t tend to back horses that short but he would be my idea of the banker of the first day.

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Totally agree. Im not sure that we have seen the best of him yet either

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Lack of pace in the race would be a concern. Looked so good at Newmarket because the gallop was so strong. Pulled hard at the Curragh and wasn’t as impressive, either visually or on the clock. Although O’Brien has some pace angles in the race, I don’t think it will be ruin flat out.

I was really impressed with Tobosa at Haydock. You don’t win handicaps off 104 easing down if you are not up to pattern standard and I think he’s worth backing at 16/1.

yeatsyeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2923

Tobosa is a non runner.

the welsh wizard
    • Total Posts 352

Cockney Rebel continues to be overpriced in his races because he is trained by Geoff Huffer – lump on, the horse would be odds-on if it was trained at Ballydoyle.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.