The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Burton Port…

Home Forums Horse Racing Burton Port…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Gazs Way De Solzen
    • Total Posts 2441

Any ideas when this horse is going to be seen on a racetrack next?

Thanks!

thisthatandtother
    • Total Posts 149

I read some time ago that Nicky Henderson said he would be back some time after Christmas. I think he is back in training now.

Prestbury
    • Total Posts 178

As you probably know by now, it went down by 1/2 length to Long Run at Newbury today (17/2/12)

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8818

And wouldn’t be out of contention in the Gold Cup on that evidence.

Currently best priced 12/1.

KINGFISHER
    • Total Posts 1511

[attachment=0:2iuqcdrf]etbqiw.jpg[/attachment:2iuqcdrf]

KINGFISHER
    • Total Posts 1511

Compared to the musclebound Long Run,

Burton Port

is far lighter made,very athletic but lacks physical scope,he looked pretty straight for today as did the winner!

[attachment=0:12xf0etp]242a355.jpg[/attachment:12xf0etp]

KINGFISHER
    • Total Posts 1511

Barrys one of those Jockeys who tells you as he sees it and i got a wry smile from him when i said ‘You ‘could’ have beaten the winner today’!

[attachment=0:1v8o541y]2z56jaf.jpg[/attachment:1v8o541y]

thisthatandtother
    • Total Posts 149

Thanks for those photos, Burton Port is a lovely looking horse. I he comes out of this race well he’s my choice for the Gold Cup – what a will to win, tough little fellow.

Gazs Way De Solzen
    • Total Posts 2441

Thanks for posting those photos KINGFISHER, lovely stuff!

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8818

Good photos KF – he has a lovely head on him.

KINGFISHER
    • Total Posts 1511

I remember posting on here after his Hennessey run that he’d turn out the better Gold cup prospect,out of him and

Long Run

,having seen both in the flesh yesterday i have to concede that Long Run is an absolute beast,very muscular and an arrogant swagger to his step.

Burton Port

like I have already said is quieter,unassuming,lighter framed but extremely athletic,he reminds me a bit of

Albertas Run

in his style of running. All 3 are tremendous horses!

Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26645

Great photos Gord. If only I knew you’d be there! :lol: Biggest crowd I’ve seen at Newbury.

Burton Port put in a great Grand National trial. He’s a bit small but jumps well. Normally I’d be wondering if a Gold Cup horse would turn up at Aintree. A Cheltenham win might change plans, but (with Hemmings the owner) doubt if any other result would put him off (fitness permitting).

value is everything
    KINGFISHER
    • Total Posts 1511

Ginge,funny you should say that as I saw one person with Ginger hair who was about 40yo and I acknowledged him by saying ‘Hey Ginger how you doing’? and his response was ‘who the **** are you talkin to’ I said ‘Its me TAPK the legend the Man the Myth’, ‘You dont mind me calling you Ginger do you’? I replied,’Yes I Effin do was his response’ ‘Nobody calls me Ginger’ he said. ‘Well dye your bloody hair blonde then said I’..’Mind you it will only go Green’!! I said and ran off as fast as I could! :lol:

Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26645

:lol:

Be careful, us Gingers only let our feiends call us that.
    Next time you’re going to Newbury or Goodwood let me know Gord. :wink: Lockinge (Frankel) perhaps?

Mind you, with an unlucky 20 something/1 second, a 4/1 backed in to 9/4 close (finishing fastest) second and an each way 20/1 (2 places) third… Not my best day’s racing betting-wise :lol: . At least For Non Stop got me out of trouble. Superb day in every other way, top quality stuff.

value is everything
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.