The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Brindisi Breeze

Home Forums Horse Racing Brindisi Breeze

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    phil walker
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1376

Am so gutted today as I was at Musselburgh in November when the horse got beaten a head by a big priced outsider, and today it wins at Cheltenham – why didn’t I see it running today?

Have to say well done to the winning connections though.

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5950

Donald Whillans’s Nodda High Kid beat him at Musselburgh I beleive, at 80/1.

A serious staying performance today by Brindisi Breeze whose economical makes all the difference. Superb pace judgement by his excellent pilot Campbell Gillies.

The signals eminating from Arlary before the Festival indicated they felt Bold Sir Brian was their best chance, so I’m eager to see where he will aimed as an alternative.

betlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2789

Donald Whillans’s Nodda High Kid beat him at Musselburgh I beleive, at 80/1.

A serious staying performance today by Brindisi Breeze whose economical makes all the difference. Superb pace judgement by his excellent pilot Campbell Gillies.

The signals eminating from Arlary before the Festival indicated they felt bold sir Brian was their best chance, so I’m eager to see where he will aimed as an alternative.

I hate it when pundits say things like "he’ll make a decent chaser one day" but they could well be right in this case!

Mike

Steeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5783

Market confidence in him V the banker of the meeting spoke volumes: BB could be the next BB (doesn’t look classic chasing type to me)

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

DaveMonk
    • Total Posts 153

The horse also give clues to yesterdays Hexham meeting, Both Nodform Richard and Cilliseal that it beat at Newcastle both won yesterday!!

Overall to go at that gallop at 3 miles around Cheltenham and still motor up the hill was impressive. Fair enough, it did drift towards the stands in the last 100 yards but running between the last 2, it ran straight as a die and really could have been called the winner at that point. Still only a 6yo, lets hope the Russell team have many happy days with this horse.
    Nice too see a scottish winner at Cheltenham, to go along with Malcolm Jeffersons 2 winners for the north.

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8979

I thought Gillies was superb. Judged the pace perfectly and stayed composed throughout.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.