The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Brigadier Gerard 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Brigadier Gerard 2020

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    kris_kin
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33

This looks a great renewal of this race. But surely Elarqam’s 1 1/4 length 3rd to Japan and Crystal Ocean in the International Stakes is the best form in the race by a mile. That is proper Group 1 form. 13/8 looks quite big to me.

Captain Robbo
    Participant
    • Total Posts 77

Elarqam definitely has the best form in the race but his 4 rivals are all open to more improvement. It’s an intriguing little race.

I think Sagarius is likely to improve significantly as a 4yo for Stoute and think he will Win today but none of the 5 can be fully dismissed.

Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 399

Agree about Elarqam. He is the most likely winner, especially with the stable in flying form.

I am not suggesting he will win today but I am interested to see how Telecaster gets on. He looked potentially smart in the early part of last season until the wheels came off at Epsom. It would be nice to see a good run from him today.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1620

Had a few quid on sangarius

Think this horse could become a top class group 1 horse in time, looked very exciting when winning easily at royal ascot last year

Hopefully stoute has him fit for a race he has won 11 times

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2487

No bet for me, i think it’s a cagey race- i like Sangarius as a horse like most people do, but i can’t get away from the fact that he really needed his reappearance last year before improving a good amount. Different circumstances today obviously and Stoutes started well, but i couldn’t back him today. Good luck :good:

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1620

Sangarius cruised through the race then went out like a light

The pre race drift suggested he wasnt fit and that definitely appeared to be the case

Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 399

Interesting race. Lord North is progressive.

Good effort from Telecaster. He looked like he had blown his chance before the start but ran very well. He still has a good race in him if they can keep the lid on – but it has to be a worry that he got into a muck sweat on an almost empty track.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3018

Good race.
    I was on Sangarius but think he was there for a nice day out.
    Really wanted Elarqam to get back up…he was tough trying to go again!

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9747

I was on Elarqam and really pleased with that run, he obviously needed the race and almost came back to catch the tiring Lord North.
    Such a difference between the style of himself and Sangarius who was running very free today looking like poetry in motion but getting nowhere.
    Jac :rose:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.