The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Breeders Cup 2006

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Breeders Cup 2006

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Salselon
    • Total Posts 883

Hi,

I realise it’s perhaps a little early to speculate, but wondering who might represent Europe in Kentucky in November?

Filly & Mare – Ouija Board, Pictavia<br>Classic – David junior<br>Turf – Shirocco, Hurricane run?<br>Mile – Godolphin rep (Proclamation, Librettist, Ifraajj), Araafa?, George W? <br>Juvenile – Holy Roman Emporer (seems a real 2-y-o type)

Thoughts?

Arazi
    • Total Posts 263

I hope Godolphin end up running Electrocusionist in the BC Classic. He’s the perfect type for the race – acts on the dirt, top class & tough as nails.

David Junior will be a very interesting contender in the same race. Hopefully he has a trouble free preperation for the race.

I’d be thrilled to see George Washington line up in the Mile. He’s one of the best Guineas winners I’ve seen and it would be exciting to see him compete over there. I think Ed Dunlop wants to aim Court Masterpiece at that race too. Librettist would be Godolphins strongest contender at the moment but alot can happen between now and then.

Ouija Board is almost certain to line up for the Filly & Mare and would have a strong chance again. It would be nice to see Alexandrova as well as she’s the best middle distance filly over here.

I would have thaught barring injury that Shirocco will defend his title in the turf. It would obviously be great to see Hurricane Run as well.

Of course the Ballydoyle horses will probably not be ridden by Kieran Fallon because I think I heard that he won’t be allowed to ride in the Breeders Cup.

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8799

Some mouthwatering prospects among that lot, none nore so than GW if he were to turn up for the mile. I think he’s a horse capable of turning in a truly outstanding performance that will be remembered for many years one day if things fall right for him.<br>

dandan
    • Total Posts 199

I`m particularly interested in Electrocutionist for the classic. Think he`d go very close. Does anyone know if they intend to run him??

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3181

Not sure DanDan, it was mooted after his World Cup triumph but that was before the Maktoums discovered how good Bernardini and Jazil are (with Discreet Cat still to return).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.