The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Breeders Cup 2007

Home Forums Horse Racing Breeders Cup 2007

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Adrian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1041

To confirm the running order for Friday 26th –

Juvenile Turf at 9.20pm our time
    Dirt Mile at 9.55pm our time
    Filly and Mare dirt sprint at 10.35pm our time

All races for Friday and Saturday close on Monday and declare on Tuesday 23rd (one day earlier than normal for Saturday’s races)

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1889

Thanks for the details, both of you.

I’ve just looked on the Sportingbet site, pengammon, but they didn’t have the prices up, so I phoned them. The lad was very vague and didn’t seem to know, suggesting that they’ll be up nearer the date. It sometimes happens bookies take their prices down, I believe. I must see how Daaher’s fom stacks up against Discreet Cat’s in Nad.

But thanks again to you both for the details.

pengamon
    • Total Posts 226

Thanks for the details, both of you.

I’ve just looked on the Sportingbet site, pengammon, but they didn’t have the prices up, so I phoned them. The lad was very vague and didn’t seem to know, suggesting that they’ll be up nearer the date. It sometimes happens bookies take their prices down, I believe. I must see how Daaher’s fom stacks up against Discreet Cat’s in Nad.

But thanks again to you both for the details.

Grimes I think we’re looking at different sites. I think you’re looking at sportingbet.com and i’m looking at sportingbet.com.au Click on Feature Races on the menu on the left and then all 11 Breeders’ Cup events appear on the same page once you have clicked on the BC option.

They had 10 of the 11 races priced up 4 weeks ago-everything bar the Juvie Turf.

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1889

Brilliant. Thanks.

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1889

Unbelievably, while William HIll have begun pricing up the race, with DC quoted at 13/8, I was still able to get 5 with Sportingbet in OZ, today. I don’t believe I saw Daaher in the field, pengammon.

There’s a lot of hoohaa about providing evidence in proof of your identity in due course, as with Betfair, but likewise, I hope worth it – if only in the long term.

pengamon
    • Total Posts 226

Unbelievably, while William HIll have begun pricing up the race, with DC quoted at 13/8, I was still able to get 5 with Sportingbet in OZ, today. I don’t believe I saw Daaher in the field, pengammon.

There’s a lot of hoohaa about providing evidence in proof of your identity in due course, as with Betfair, but likewise, I hope worth it – if only in the long term.

Daaher misses the Breeders’ Cup and goes straight to the Cigar Mile at Aqueduct

• Total Posts 129
    NWRA
    • Total Posts 259

I’m thinking of backing Excellent Art on the basis of his form (obviously) and that he’s lightly raced and all of his races have been spaced out (a more important factor). I’m sure Aiden must have had this in mind for him because he was given a break of two months before his last race.

Asides from investigating the quality of the opposition (which I’ll do on Friday), is there anything else that I should know? mainly about the track: is it fair or will some horses not handle it? (I’ve heard about it having tight turns or something; is the ground properly ‘firm’?).

Gareth Flynn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 583

Many thanks Badactor!

• Total Posts 129
    • Total Posts 1982

Great post Badactor!!

I’m travelling over to Monmouth Park on Thursday. That’s whet the appetite.

Which UK horse has the best chance of success?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 438

Which UK horse has the best chance of success?

Passage of Time. She’s got a decent draw, a top jockey and there’s nothing outstanding amongst the opposition.

andyccfc
    • Total Posts 123

It has to be Dylan Thomas in my eyes. Is by far and away the best horse in that field and should complete his superb career with a BC title to his name. The only worry would obviously be that he has had a hefty campaign but as AoB has said numerous times, the horse loves to run. As an outiside bet, i would think about GW for the classic. Things seem to going his way for this race and if he can produce what we all know he can, he will stand an excellent chance of winning. I would be cautious over Excellent Art, i dont think he justifies favourtism for the mile to be honest and would also conside an E/W punt on All My Loving…

Avatar photoPeter Poston’s Ghost
    Participant
    • Total Posts 553

I’m a bit surprised that Kinane has been declared as the jockey for GW in the Classic.
    His record on the horse is 1/4 and at one point in the season our friend Mr Heffernan replaced him as it was felt that he had a better rapport with the horse.
    Obviously JAH would not be entrusted with this ride but why not try Murtagh as he is riding other O’Brien horses at the meeting or a top local rider?

• Total Posts 22

Discreet Cat tonight. Anyone who watched his last race would agree that he looked a spent force. I would be very (but pleasantly) surprised if he won tonight.

Anyone else worried about the ground at Monmouth ? Surely Dylan Thomas won’t enjoy the rain softened turf ?!?

andyccfc
    • Total Posts 123

Yep, after reading up a bit more about the course and the ground, i am a bit worried for the European raid altogether now! Dylan is the best horse in the race but being such a big horse, the course might not suit. have they had rain aswell?

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

All My Loving is crying out for a break. Hard to see how a speed favouring 11f is going to play to her strengths. Add in that she ran a shocker when tried in headgear previously and I wouldn’t even want a free bet on her.

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.