The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

International Hurdle 2008

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion International Hurdle 2008

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 227 total)
  • Author
    chelt king
    • Total Posts 30

Just 1 bet for me today Noland and have decided to play up my winnings on this race and another on the card at chelt on sat.Ive decided to do two win singles CAJ to win this and Imperial Commander to win the big race and gonna double them as well anyone a bit worried about the bounce factor with IC?.Any way think its a profitable bet roll on sat where we can see sum great racing and get a lot more pointers twords the festival

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

You are clearly going for the Aftertimers record, chelt king – not a peep from you about Noland on the Durkan thread.

• Total Posts 2184

Irish Stamp,

I too will be keeping an eye on River Liane. Was the only horse punters over here wanted to know about for the Fred Winter last year (much to my own personal cost I might add :cry: ). Was still going alright at the top of the hill before bursting a blood vessel. I was impressed by him at Naas the last day. He took a walk in the betting after Tom Cooper said he’d need the run, but he stayed on really well to comfortably hold Beau Michael, who wasn’t exactly disgraced in the Fighting Fifth.

He’ll strip much fitter if he runs on Saturday and he strikes me as a horse that will really relish the hill at Cheltenham, looking back at his Naas run. Obviously this is a massive step up in class but he is on the improve and he could be one to follow after Christmas whatever route they decide to take. Cooper has shown his training credentials with the likes of Total Enjoyment and Forpady, and I think he could have another very decent animal on his hands with River Liane.

chelt king
    • Total Posts 30

Yeah should off put it up but felt it was a very obvious bet today.noland always thought was a classy horse felt War off attition best days were behind him felt the trip would suit Noland better then the Arkle and felt at 2/1 was a very good price

Coming to River Liane cant be backing that on sat Watched the fred winter last year and it appeared to be struggling a long way from home.Just cant see how it can reverse form with CAJ maybe wrong but the horse needs to show sumthing and win a good race before im intrested at taking a chance albeit at juicy odds

I dont have many bets Grasshopper so bin a bit lazy not putting up the ones i do indeed back but wont be betting till sat although havent seen the chelt card on friday.Like to bet in the class races and wait till a horse i really fancy and believe that im getting value at the price……The two for sat for me are CAJ and imperial commander only thing that worries me is the poor run over 3miles wen it got stuffed by Joe lively but there the only 2 bets for me i can see………bin looking at the 13.20 on sat and thinking about maybe taking a piece on Franchoek if he runs against the henderson horse Punchestowns who won a handicap off 11-12 over CD last time and believe thats the 1 they will back.Feel ill get sum value with Franchoek who ran really well at the triumph over 2miles was staying on again so this extra half mile will suit imo so prob do them 3 in a Trixie or maybe a Patent sumthing like that

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

Chomba Womba for me. She’s in form, will definitely be running, she’ll stay the trip, stable’s in good form and at 17/2 at time of writing i’ve had a punt on her. This is her champion hurdle in my opinion.

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1889

I’ve taken your advice, Bulwark: Celestia Halo at 14s. His run in the Leger was pretty good… for a hurdler! I mean a fast flat horse that can actually hurdle at speed!

Onthesteal
    • Total Posts 1387

How can Katchits form be crabbed?

He gets my vote back at his favourite track after trying to give subsequent Ascot hurdle winner Chomba Womba (from a bang in form stable) 18 pounds! The more I see of this years bunch, the more I like Katchits chances of retaining his crown. Punjabi should give him most to think about come CH day imo.

Off the subject, I also get the feeling Snap Tie is no mug either and should be respected wherever goes next imo.

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3176

Chelt King – as mentioned above River Liane burst blood vessels at Cheltenham, emptying very quickly and being in trouble a long way from home is a tell tale sign of that.

I’ll be with him on Saturday and think the price is absolutely huge!

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

Fists

If Binocular is that good, why is Punjabi the one chasing the huge bonus? :shock:

The are two entirely different types of horses Reet and Punjabi doesn’t take any where near as much work to get him ready so he is at this time the obvious one to go chasing that rainbow.

Nicky wanted as easy a race possible for Binocular first time out. More like a good strong bit of work than a race and found the perfect race for him.

I don’t think you will see the best of Binocular until Champion Hurdle day but he is still a very good horse when not 100%.

I suppose with the question of total fitness hanging over both Katchit and Binocular, the obvious bet on Satrurday is Crack Away Jack. My hope is Binocular will be far enough forward and his class will do the rest…….I could regret it but hopefully not.

underscore
    • Total Posts 537

I’m a huge CAJ fan – but i dont think he will win this…..looks like they just want to give him more race experience. I’m still hopefull it will all come together for the CH though.

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

Very interesting to read on teletext last night that Nicky Henderson believes this will be Binoculars final prep for cheltenham. Not good for my ttf line. :roll:

BennyB
    • Total Posts 235

Nor mine Bulwark….

He seems the most likely winner of this, but more based on hype and potential than form in the book. 7-4 is too short, imo.

Don’t fancy CAJ; wouldn’t write off Katchit (but suspect he will be better in March, and wouldn’t want to back him until showing some sparkle); which leaves me with Chomba Womba.

A great bet each way I reckon. In the form of her life, the yard going great guns and the form in the book isn’t too shabby.

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

Celestial Halo would be my pick, but am getting increasingly worried that there has been no money for him in the market for this as there had been on both his wins last term.

Katchit, Crackaway Jack and Binocular are all solid in the market but all 3 can be foiled by a decent clip on testing ground.

IMO at least half the field wants pace in this race to have any chance yet none of them are too solid in the market, which is a worry.

Hard to know how this race will pan out.

• Total Posts 638

The Boylesports is on the New Course right?
    This is quite a bit of a stiffer test of stamina than the Old Course were Binocular has run well previously (though just got outstayed then too).
    I could see him getting beaten on Saturday as the last mile is the toughest of any hurdle track in the country but being significantly better back on the Old Course in the Champion. 6/4 looks very short.

Getzippy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1152

Ya know what?

I’m gonna row in with katchit – an E/W steal IMO.

Not a brave bet, but perhaps the one to give Binnocular most to think about.

Be interesting to see if 9/4 Binocular ends up looking good.

Zip

TheHairyLemon
    • Total Posts 3

Its Katchit each way for me, I always feel more confident with Katchit when he’s the underdog. Only been beaten one time in 6 at Cheltenham and i can’t see him not figuring in the first 3 home.

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

Looks like a tipping-line inspired punt on CAJ today- thought 5/1 was possible value, 7/2 isn’t.
    Can’t find a way into this race- it used to be a contest where you wanted to take on the 4 year-olds and the pretenders with the established G1 animals but this year’s renewal looks different. My instinct would be to take on Binocular on this stiff track but that was easier to do at tips on than 6/4. I reckon the current prices aren’t far out.

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 227 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.