The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Bottom of the Postbag

Home Forums Tipping and Research Systems Bottom of the Postbag

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    billion
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4379

It was a long while ago when I enjoyed a long collaboration with a friend of this forum, when during the time he taught the virtue of patience and to stick with good principals especially during bad times because they will become good again in the fullness of time.

He imparted to me a very simple system but throughout time the main component can no longer be used, well, it can but the handicapper has long retired and I believe the new one is not so good. Therefore having rediscovered this lost system a reconfiguration is needed. So I did just that only to find the first selection BONNYRIGG won at Newmarket this afternoon at 15/8.

There is a second selection for today NAPPING – 6.00 Lingfield and I squeezed UNIBET for 7/4.

It has always been my belief that any system operator will feel the need to adapt what is put before them so that it may suit their individual style and so I leave the choice of handicapper to one that is known and trusted and perhaps well used.

1) Select the top rated horse via chosen handicapper.
    2) Must have a CD credit in the form line.
    3) It is the forecast favourite from a preferred source.

There can be many sub plots (filters) of choice but as long as the three main rules are adhered to the selection should have a very good chance of winning.

If you give it a go it will be interesting to know what adaptions have been implemented and the results.

Good luck but wait a while before booking that cruise.

Billy's Outback Shack

billion
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4379

Now! That is a good start but R4 took a little bit from the profit.

NAPPING – WON 1/1

Billy's Outback Shack

billion
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4379

A test so soon this Saturday which has produced 4 qualifiers: –

Newcastle
    12.15 – Tilsit
    2.25 – Magical Spirit
    Lingfield
    5.55 – Healing Power

I only want just one per day at best and so I have plumped for: –

MUBAKKER – 4.25 Newcastle. Boosted by Wm. Hill to 2.69/1

Billy's Outback Shack

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22054

Have you always banged in the winners bill. Did you use to go the betting shop when you were a lad. Bet you use to chat up the girls behind the counter and offer to take them to the pictures with your winnings.
    Nice to have the UK racing back, apart from the Breeders cup the international stuff hasn’t really appealed to me.

Member since March 2008
    Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17330

Good luck Bill

billion
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4379

Nathan asks “Have I always banged in winners or the girls in the betting shops?”

No, not at all Nathan.

I came to racing late, approx. in the early 1990’s and never was and never will be much of a punter. I never had anyone to guide me and may explain the easy route and interest of systems. I have picked up values (as suggested in the first post) from some good people within places such as this, they have helped and in return I have tried to do likewise and avoid the idiots as I see them.

There are no secrets within betting on the horses, it has all been done before but sometimes we get a little bit lucky.

Indeed Nathan I am pleased domestic (flat) racing is back and confess I am rather enjoying the new format and who knows we might make a pound or two.

Australia is now in it’s Winter period and although it has kept me going I confess mostly the current stuff is very ordinary dross which makes our stuff feel very good indeed but I shall return “Down Under” rather than face our Winter racing.

I was searching for something now that we have a few weeks of racing behind us and stumbled upon an old email circa 2013 which looked of interest, time will tell.

:bye: :bye: :bye:

Billy's Outback Shack

billion
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4379

Mubakker – LAST!

I did not expect that.

Billy's Outback Shack

billion
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4379

Sunday at Windsor: –

CHAIRMANOFTHEBOARD – 1.55 @ 11/4 BET365 . . . . . . LOST

5 to pick from and so the pin fell on the one with winning form LTO

Billy's Outback Shack

MatronMatron
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5787

Welcome back Bill and good luck for today.

billion
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4379

Hi there Matron. I ain’t been anywhere just had nothing to post.

Australia has entered their winter period and both MrE and me have been jogging along with it whilst ours has been in lockdown. As always he does better than I do but I think it is because I keep trying to do something different whilst he is Mister Consistency.

Now that our domestic Flat racing is getting underway I more or less fell upon this oldie in my ancient emails. It is so far back when I dived in for a second look I could not find it again.

Billy's Outback Shack

billion
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4379

The system is on 2 x losers.

Monday at Thirsk.

8.00 – PROUD ARCHI @ 9/2 SkyBet (prices vary down to 9/4 with Betfair & P.Power).

LOST!
    Sequence = 3 x losers

Billy's Outback Shack

billion
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4379

Tuesday June 30 – End of the month.

There must be a winner just around the corner and this maybe it!

CHETAN – Leicester 6.45 @ 3.21/1 (Boosted) Wm. Hill . . . .LOST

Billy's Outback Shack

billion
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4379

July is starting like a damp squib without a selection.

:scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

Billy's Outback Shack

billion
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4379

Every which way I turn this one is screaming at me and I have too much riding on it for comfort.

Thursday July 2

MOTAMAYIZ – Bath 4.15 @ 6/4 . . . . . WON 5/6

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Billy's Outback Shack

billion
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4379

Friday July 3

DAWAAREEN – 4.50 Hamilton @ 13/8 . . . . 2nd = LOST!

Another pick which has cropped up here, there & everywhere and if it does as well as MOTAMAYIZ I will be very happy.

:bye: :bye: :bye:

Billy's Outback Shack

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.