The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Blacktype races at risk of downgrade in 2024

Home Forums Horse Racing Blacktype races at risk of downgrade in 2024

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 19

I’ve read a press release from EPC about changes to the blacktype races in 2023, and it also mentions this:

“A total of 48 Pattern and Listed races will be at risk of potential downgrade in 2024 depending on their performance in 2023. By nation and/or region, the spread of races is as follows:

Britain – 2
    France – 8
    Germany – 13
    Ireland – 4
    Italy – 16
    Scandinavia – 4
    Turkey – 1”

Is it possible to find the names of these 48 races? I tried to google and search the IFHA website, but couldn’t find anything. Thanks for help

Participant
    • Total Posts 4720

I’d say the best thing would be to contact the IFHA directly; they should be able to provide the required information.

chestnut
    Participant
    • Total Posts 698

I guess if you have done a search you would probably already found the following. But all I could find is this article from the Irish Field which mentions the 4 Irish races at danger of a down grade.

https://www.theirishfield.ie/beresford-stakes-among-four-irish-races-at-risk-of-status-downgrade-in-2024-750050

And an article from France Galop that just mentions the Prix Saint Alary is at risk of a downgrade.

There is an article by the Racing Post which is behind the paywall so I cannot read it, but I would be surprised if it mentions all the races.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4170

Do you know which French, German and Italian races are involved?

Participant
    • Total Posts 7519
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.