The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Betting on Place only

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks Betting on Place only

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    hein bollowhein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 789

Hi guys (ladies don’t seem to be here, or am I wrong?),
    I ‘ve got another question to you, so I go ahead:
    I would also like to bet on place only, but I am registered on racebets, and there it isn’t possible,
    only eachway.
    Could you please tell me if there is any possibility to bet place only on English and Irish races?
    Cheers, HB

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 21539

Yes, many/most online betting sites do, betfair exchange offer 4 places on races for under 16 runners and 3 places places for under 8 runners aswell

Member since March 2008
    GladiateurGladiateur
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1196

Hi, HB. You can bet on a horse to finish in the first three or first four but not on place only, ie the win will always be included. The best place to look is on the Oddschecker website; there, you’ll be able to see all available bets and compare prices.

And there are several regular posters on here who are female- I’m sure you’ll discover who they are as you spend more time here.

:whistle:

hein bollowhein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 789

Thank you for your answers gentlemen and for putting me in the picture!

KenhKenh
    Participant
    • Total Posts 739

As has been stated you certainly can bet place only. You can do this if you bet with the Tote or a betting exchange. If you use the Betfair Exchange non runners don’t affect your place terms. If you bet on a race which say has 8 runners at the time of placing the bet you will get 3 places however, if there are any horses withdrawn you will still get 3 places.

hein bollowhein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 789

Right, thank you, Kenh.

Chivers1987Chivers1987
    Participant
    • Total Posts 890

Is there one in particular you fancy to place today Hein?

I always look for a place price if a horse I like is 7/1 or above. There are a few of the well known online bookies that regularly show a price for place only and I tend to find Skybet offer up good prices. 2/1 for an 8/1 shot is pretty good in my book.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.