The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Betfred Heritage Handicap

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Betfred Heritage Handicap

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 14937

A real cracker of a line at this stage….

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/2/ascot/2020-07-11/761048

https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ante-post-racing/flat/betfred-heritage-handicap/winner

I’ll definitely be with Justanotherbottle here if he goes. Trip perfect for him, and I’m sure his new trainer has something like this in mind. Only a 6yo, but feel as if I’ve been betting him for years. Haven’t bet him as much the last year, but should he trap here, I’ll no miss him. Price shouldn’t contract too much though.

Different story with Ornate though. He’s in decent form, jocked up, and back to his last winning mark. The 25’s looks wrong to me.

Hopefully I can bet Bottle on the day.

Ornate 25’s

• Total Posts 14937

Happy to see Bottle make the line up, and five places makes a difference. I’ll go in again if I can get bigger.

If Ornate is on a going day, I’d be very hopeful of a good lay.

• Total Posts 14937

I’m going triple handed in this, and I’m adding Saaheq.

He’s outsider of the field, but has enough going for him here to at least out run his big odds.

I’ll probably bet EW, but could also have a go at the big odds on the exchanges, I’ll see how it goes.

Justanotherbottle 14’s EW 5 Places
    Ornate 25’s
    Saaheq

Participant
    • Total Posts 12716

As you’d expect this is a tough nut to crack but I was really impressed with the
    way that Jawwaal picked up last time out at Doncaster. He has
    had his problems but it looked like Michael Dodds, no better man in a sprint,
    has sorted them out this year. I grabbed the 16/1 E/W with
    Boylesports earlier this morning, they’ve just cut him to 14s which is better
    than most at 12s. I think he has a very decent chance here.

Participant
    • Total Posts 7235

My top three rated are:

Benny And the Jets 115 (40/1 in a place)- On the face of it has a bit to find in the class, but has decent speed and if he can make a sharp break and dominate he may have a chance of causing a surprise. At this sort of price there’s plenty of wriggle room in the long term.
    Justanotherbottle 112 (16/1 generally available) – As VtC comments this one looks to be set up for sort of race, allowing for the fact that specific targets might have been difficult this year. Well weighted, should be up with the pace, course and distance suit.
    Lahore 111 (generally 12/1, 14/1 in a place) – Slow start stymied him at Newcastle but he’s generally thereabouts in similar events. Hasn’t run over 5 furlongs very often but 2 from 2 at the distance on turf.

I’m surprised the last two aren’t single figure prices given their profiles. These three are clear on my figures, the remainder a few pounds down (107 to 100), so if my three blow out it’s anyone’s race.

All Jeff
    Participant
    • Total Posts 629

Jawaal 14-1, and Wedding Date at 28-1 for me, I think they can both perform much better than those odds, in particular Jawaal

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7180

Just the one pick for me in this race as its so competitive, anything can win.

I’ve plumped for Stone Of Destiny 10-1 ew 5 places. Noticed he has been supported this morning. Not won very offen but that may be that he’s struggled off marks in the 100s. 96 today is his lowest ever handicap mark, and won off 1lb higher over C&D last summer. Ran well in the Wokingham over 6f and got ran out of it at the end for 2nd so a return to a stiff 5 should suit. Drawn next to pacesetter Justanotherbottle so should get a tow into the race if good enough.

Good luck all, you are gonna need it. :yes:

Blackcountry Kid
    Participant
    • Total Posts 640

had an investment on MOUNTAIN PEAK e/w who registered numbers head & shoulders above anything else he’d achieved previously when winning at Haydock on his last run
    good luck to all

All Jeff
    Participant
    • Total Posts 629

That was awful to watch, poor National Anthem

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.