The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Classic Chase 2014

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Classic Chase 2014

Viewing 6 posts - 18 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

I’ll chuck another 20pts on Vesper Bell in what will be a war of attrition in heavy ground. Tongues will be hanging at knee level by the finish and the mudlark looks worth a top up at a generous 17/2

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32172

Hey Big Spender has a very good course record, ground and trip should be fine so he’s my each way choice at the odds.

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 1708

Will no doubt be having another sentimental wager on Carruthers. Plenty high up enough in the weights and although this kind of race should suit, i’d be expecting him to perhaps be found out in the end. Hoping for a similar run that Auroras Encore (also top weight last year… i believe) ran last year. Just show the spirit is still there and let that mark slide for Aintree :wink:

He did you proud Peter, great run.

He’s such a superstar. Top weight on tough ground like that is a difficult task for the grittiest of stayers, but he showed his bravery out there and he’s lost nothing in defeat. What makes NH racing so superb.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6114

Hats off to Carruthers – he showed a great appetite again and obviously loves the track…his old legs just failed him at the business end.

Well done anyone who dug out the winner. He looks a nice type and I don’t think I’ve ever seen a jockey riding a horse to go through a fence as L Aspell did at the last – fair play to him.

Trainer’s husband, Barry Fenton, sounded as though there were still doubts about SP’s jumping. Given that and walking through the last today, I’d be careful about piling in on him at Cheltenham where he’s reportedly bound for the NH Chase.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9300

Was gutted to see old Carruthers go down fighting until I saw the interview with Barry Fenton. They obviously had a torrid time last year and today meant such a lot to them. Couldn’t believe seeing the winner jump [ :shock: ]the last when I watched the replay; it was almost Arkle like wasn’t it. I seem to be spending a lot of Saturdays this season watching trainers/jockeys being interviewed and blubbing along with them. What about if Somersby wins next week…

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Vesper Bell = Vesper

Fell

:roll:

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Viewing 6 posts - 18 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.