The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Betfair self exclusion

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks Betfair self exclusion

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Racing Daily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1364

I took the plunge and self excluded myself until Sept 2006.  I couldn’t take anymore of the ‘one step forward, one step back’ betting syndrome.  <br>I was going to spend a six month sabaticle re-evaluating my betting and chatting and posting unbiased tips on the BF and TRF forums.  However, it now turns out that I can’t even log into my account on BF to use the forum.  I can’t check my details, my past transactions, statement, nada.  I’ve in effect closed my account for six months! LOL<br>I only wanted to lock deposits and withdrawals to my acct, not shut it down completely :o <br>I feel good that I have done it, but it is now obvious to me that BF only want ‘paying customers’ using their forum.  So you’ll see a new and improved RD exclusively on here from now on :)<br>I bet that makes you feel good don’t it? ;)

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3185

If you want me to post something for you let me know ;)

FlatSeasonLoverFlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

I wonder what you’ll be thinking in 3 months time?

Racing Daily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1364

Quote: from Irish Stamp on 10:55 pm on Mar. 10, 2006[br]If you want me to post something for you let me know ;) <br>

If I feel an incomprehensible rant coming on, i’ll let you know ;)

Racing Daily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1364

I am unable to use my Odds Extractor software that is bought and paid for.  That is completely unacceptable.<br>I will fight this one all the way.  I merely wanted to put a stop on financial transactions, not COMPLETELY disable the account!<br>Damn, BF customer service stinks!  Do the right thing and kick yourself in the teeth.  BF seem to be completely unwilling to see that they are treating their customer base like they don’t matter when they are not betting and incurring commission charges.  BF are trying to tell me that my Odds Extractor software is useless until September.  I ain’t having that.

stevedvg
    • Total Posts 1137

RD

When you locked your account, what were the t&c of this "locking" process?

I’d be tempted to think that you may have agreed to (/requested) the situation you find yourself in.

Also, why don’t you just open a new account and use that?

Steve  

aston
    • Total Posts 168

RD, what would happen if you simply didnt do any transaction for 6 months, without letting them know?

Racing Daily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1364

In answer to your question steve, I didn’t read the T&Cs as pertains to this situation.  However, I had earlier put a daily deposit restriction on my account and my account simply didn’t allow me to deposit funds into it.  I assumed the same would be the case in this situation.  It isn’t.  What is wrong with simply locking the account for allowing deposits?  Why on earth the need to completely lock me out of my account?  That’s plain stupid, and makes me believe that it’s only purpose is to disuade you from excluding yourself again.  An excluded account gathers no moss for BF, so my belief is that they are simply making it an unattractive option for you to use in the future.  If that is not the case, then what is so damned difficult about simply putting a lock of the account for deposits?  Let them prove me wrong by simply letting me into my account for administrative purposes only.<br>aston, I could have done that.  But I didn’t want to be tempted to start gambling my rent money away again.  I didn’t expect that I would be totally locked out like some kind of unwanted exile.

Racing Daily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1364

BTW, the first mail I received …

"Although you have "Self Excluded" from your Betfair account, you should still be able to login to your account and view your profile"

Then the second …

"I can confirm that with Self Exclusion you are unable to view any account details or access the site in an account related way. By self excluding yourself you gave Betfair permission to completely block you from our service and this decision can not be reversed."

They havn’t got a bloody clue what they are talking about IMO.  One says something, the other says something else.  This is BF customer service at it’s very worst.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.