The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Betfair Chase 2007

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Betfair Chase 2007

Viewing 17 posts - 137 through 153 (of 190 total)
  • Author
    Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

With Exotic Dancer proving so effective on Soft ground, and seemingly unlikely to beat Kauto Star round Kempton (he was beaten entirely on merit last year imo, empty), what are the chances of Jonjo sending him over to Leopardstown at Christmas?

Unless Denman has improved a stone over the summer, there doesn’t seem to be any likely runners that would be able to get him into a race, if he was targeted at the Lexus Chase.

It’s a big prize, and would surely be at his mercy??

Kalidor
    • Total Posts 96

[

Couldn’t resist mate – you seemed to be taking it so seriously :wink:

Thats because i actually take horse racing and it’s discussion seriously and comments like that just get on my tits tbh

Firstly, I apologise (sorry) to you and your tits – I don’t want to cause either any offence.

Back to the topic at hand. Being a Kauto fan I’m going to be slightly biased but I say Kauto is superior than Exotic Dancer for the following reasons:-

Kauto has won 6 grade 1’s (ED has won none).
    Kauto has won a Tingle Creek, Betfair Chase (x2), KG and GC (ED hasn’t).
    Kauto is the highest rated staying chaser in a long time (ED isn’t).
    Kauto has a 4-0 record versus ED.
    Kauto is simply better (my opinion and I’m sure the majority of others – I speculate).

Now, as I’ve already said in a previous post ED is a classy horse and if anyone will challenge Kauto this season for the KG and GC it’s Exotic Dancer. Until then I won’t compare them on "what could have been if this happened…" – I’ll stick to the facts. :)

• Total Posts 90

Thats because i actually take horse racing and it’s discussion seriously and comments like that just get on my tits tbh

I also take horse racing seriously and stating that Kauto Star has finished in front of Exotic Dancer 4 times is stating the facts even if you think ED has been unlucky.

You can’t really say that it should be 2-2 because of what you judge to have been some misfortune that has happened to ED during a race. IMO KS has not been lucky to finish in front all 4 times, but I suppose we’ll never agree on that!

One of my all time favourite horses was One Man and he should have won 2 Gold Cups, but he didn’t because he didn’t get home, that’s fact. I can think all I want that he should have been a GC winner, but the records show that he wasn’t and records don’t lie no matter how much you want them too!

• Total Posts 1631

I suppose you think MWDS beat Don’t Push It and Twist magic on merit when they fell in Arkle

Similar thing, just a different outcome, two went to ground, one stayed on his feet, but all had no chance after

• Total Posts 1982

With Exotic Dancer proving so effective on Soft ground, and seemingly unlikely to beat Kauto Star round Kempton (he was beaten entirely on merit last year imo, empty), what are the chances of Jonjo sending him over to Leopardstown at Christmas?

Unless Denman has improved a stone over the summer, there doesn’t seem to be any likely runners that would be able to get him into a race, if he was targeted at the Lexus Chase.

It’s a big prize, and would surely be at his mercy??

I’d rather see the KS vs ED battle continue. :wink:

The Lexus would be an intriguing contest with ED in the line-up. Would be even more intriguing if The Listener made the journey across the Irish Sea to defend his crown (although he’s also entered for the John Durkan on December 9th).

• Total Posts 1631

I also take horse racing seriously and stating that Kauto Star has finished in front of Exotic Dancer 4 times is stating the facts even if you think ED has been unlucky.

You can’t really say that it should be 2-2 because of what you judge to have been some misfortune that has happened to ED during a race. IMO KS has not been lucky to finish in front all 4 times, but I suppose we’ll never agree on that!

One of my all time favourite horses was One Man and he should have won "2 Gold Cups, but he didn’t because he didn’t get home, that’s fact. I can think all I want that he should have been a GC winner, but the records show that he wasn’t and records don’t lie no matter how much you want them too!

Where have i said ED has been "unlucky" where have i said it should be "2-2" ??

Please don’t try to make out i’m saying something when i have not stated anything like it

martin day
    • Total Posts 16

im so glad kauto won today he`s by far my fav horse and my hats off to exotic dancer what a different horse from his last run

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

Sorry, empty, but it’s not the same thing.

What’s your evidence for suggesting it could have been 2-2 (I’ve tried looking back though the thread back can’t find anything equivocal). Edit: Ah, that’s becuase you didn’t! :mrgreen:

As I read it, the King George was a simple matter of KS being the better horse, and the ‘interference’ in the Gold Cup (for what it amounted to), was pretty much immaterial, as KS had already put the race to bed with his turn of foot.

And despite everything today, KS still wins despite not getting away from the last fences anywhere near as well as Exotic Dancer did. And the only time that Kauto has really had to get into a scrap (against L’Ami in the AON), he showed plenty of resolution when the other horse came upsides, so it’s anything bu clear-cut that ED would have won in another half-furling anyway.

I agree that Exotic Dancer is a superb race-horse, and that he’s unlucky to come across one as good as Kauto Star. But the suggestion that Kauto is not superior, doesn’t hold any water, imo.

Ignoring the 4-0 record, would you have fancied Exotic Dancer to have beaten Voy Por Ustedes in a hack-canter over 2m?

• Total Posts 1631

Sorry, empty, but it’s not the same thing.

What’s your evidence for suggesting it could have been 2-2 (I’ve tried looking back though the thread back can’t find anything equivocal).

?

As i have already stated above Grasshopper i’ve not stated this so don’t try and make out i have

What i have said is above, i suggest you and others read it again

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

That’s why I said I couldn’t find anything equivocal – perhaps you need to pay more attention too :wink: :mrgreen:

• Total Posts 90

One of my all time favourite horses was One Man and he should have won "2 Gold Cups, but he didn’t because he didn’t get home, that’s fact. I can think all I want that he should have been a GC winner, but the records show that he wasn’t and records don’t lie no matter how much you want them too!

Where have i said ED has been "unlucky" where have i said it should be "2-2" ??

Please don’t try to make out i’m saying something when i have not stated anything like it

I must be reading your posts wrong or something then :?

You stated that ED has had one clear shot at KS, which means to me that he’s been unfortunate to be beaten 3 times? His only clear shot came today and he failed to finish in front, even if in one of your posts you try to make out that ED may have been unlucky because he was catching the tiring winner with every stride!

You also stated that because I posted that KS had finished in front of ED 4 times implies that KS is superior when in fact he is not in your opinion. Well I’m sorry, but I will have to disagree with you there and the record books will back me up on that!

Maybe I’m wrong in assuming that you think ED should have finished in front of KS at least a couple of times, but your posts indicate this.

• Total Posts 1631

BB
    Thats fair enough, disagree, but don’t try to make out i’m stating something when i have not

ED has had one clear shot

you can class others as "unlucky" or "unfortunate" but which ever way you look at it, in 3 runs prior to today, each had an effect on his performance

Today nothing affected performance and today he got beat 1/2 length and equaled Kauto Star from a handicapping prespective as his Topspeed figure shows

Kauto Star (FR) 176

Exotic Dancer (FR) 176

• Total Posts 1631

That’s why I said I couldn’t find anything equivocal – perhaps you need to pay more attention too :wink: :mrgreen:

:D

Perhaps i need to learn to write better Grass

• Total Posts 90

BB
    Thats fair enough, disagree, but don’t try to make out i’m stating something when i have not

ED has had one clear shot, you can class it as "unlucky" or "unfortunate" but which ever way you look at it, each has affected his performance in those races

Today nothing affected performance and today he got beat 1/2 length and equaled Kauto Star from a handicapping prespective as his Topspeed figure shows

Kauto Star (FR) 176

Exotic Dancer (FR) 176

I admire your passion for ED and I really like the horse too and I’m not being bullish and saying that KS will canter over ED, but he does hold the upper hand IMO. If ED turns KS over when they meet again, I will acknowledge this. I do have the feeling that you think ED has been unfortunate against KS, this is why I put 2-2, now I see I should have put 3-1 to ED :lol:

Thanks for boosting my post numbers as well, with me being a novice :wink:

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

How is the delightful hamlet of Cowdenbeath these days, Blue Brazil?

I spent many a summer holiday there in my youth, taking in the waters, and attending the stock-car racing at Central Park, as well as watching the Blue Brazil from time to time.

My aunt used to live on Stenhouse Street (I think it was called) years ago, but has latterly lived in a gaff called Hillcrest (nearer the Halbeath road).

Such happy memories. :mrgreen:

• Total Posts 90

How is the delightful hamlet of Cowdenbeath these days, Blue Brazil?

I spent many a summer holiday there in my youth, taking in the waters, and attending the stock-car racing at Central Park, as well as watching the Blue Brazil from time to time.

My aunt used to live on Stenhouse Street (I think it was called) years ago, but has latterly lived in a gaff called Hillcrest (nearer the Halbeath road).

Such happy memories. :mrgreen:

Not much has probably changed since the last time you were in town then! Central Park is probably in the same state it was in when you last visited, but it is soon to disappear in the next couple of years I believe. The club has new owners who are looking to sell the land and build a new stadium. Don’t know if the stock cars will be moving to the new stadium, some say they’re moving to Knockhill. All will be revealed soon!

• Total Posts 1631

BB

I’m just trying to put your 0-4 stat into right perspective (if thats correct word)

Viewing 17 posts - 137 through 153 (of 190 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.