The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Betfair Chase 2007

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Betfair Chase 2007

Viewing 17 posts - 120 through 136 (of 190 total)
  • Author
    Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

You have to feel sorry for Exotic Dancer what a horse he is. If you think about it if Kauto wasn’t around people would be talking about Exotic Dancer being a great horse the way they are with Kauto, he easily the second best staying chaser.

Its often said it takes two horses to make a great horse and whilst that comment is best taken loosely there’s no doubt these two are going to live in the memory.

Enjoy them while they’re around.

Venusian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1665

I’m with those who believe that MWDS does stay 3 miles, he probably just blew up through lack of peak fitness. Whether he would have been good enough to beat the first two is another matter.

After all, he stayed the distance well enough over hurdles, and against top opposition. Can anyone think of a 3-mile hurdler who didn’t get the same trip over fences?

• Total Posts 90

That’s 4 shots Exotic Dancer has had at Kauto Star and came up short each time, although he has run admirably in defeat each time. I don’t think I could ever bet Exotic Dancer against Kauto Star. Only way he’s going to finish in front of the champ is if Kauto makes serious mistakes or the ground is bottomless. Great to have 2 horses like them going head to head for our entertainment :D

ED has had ONE CLEAR SHOT at KS and that was today, he’s been beaten 1/2 catching winner with every stride

Saying he can’t turn around 1/2 length is foolish, just like it was foolish thinking he couldn’t make up 2.5L, 8L or 20L when he hadn’t had a clear shot at KS

You’re entitled to your opinion, but the facts are that he’s failed 4 times now! Not disrespecting ED who would be champion in many other years, but I would rather have KS on my side, as his record says he’s the superior horse.

• Total Posts 1982

You have to feel sorry for Exotic Dancer what a horse he is. If you think about it if Kauto wasn’t around people would be talking about Exotic Dancer being a great horse the way they are with Kauto, he easily the second best staying chaser.

Its often said it takes two horses to make a great horse and whilst that comment is best taken loosely there’s no doubt these two are going to live in the memory.

Enjoy them while they’re around.

Agreed. Like I mentioned in a previous post, I think Kauto Star’s reputation is enhanced by Exotic Dancer. I think it’s fair to say that, even though he’s beat him everytime, Kauto Star also compliments Exotic Dancer.

Kalidor
    • Total Posts 96

I think the ground today suited Exotic Dancer more than it did Kauto Star. However, full props to ED for running KS so close. There is no doubt ED is a classy horse and certainly has the potential to make up this "½ length" but I think we’ll see it go the other way in the KG and GC with Kauto winning by 2L, 3L, 4L etc.

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

I think the ground today suited Exotic Dancer more than it did Kauto Star. However, full props to ED for running KS so close. There is no doubt ED is a classy horse and certainly has the potential to make up this "½ length" but I think we’ll see it go the other way in the KG and GC with Kauto winning by 2L, 3L, 4L etc.

I’m not sure either Kauto Star or Exotic Dancer are best suited by Kempton but they’re so good they get away with it. Personally I think Kauto loves a track like Haydock and I agree that I don’t think the ground suited him today and I think despite Exotic Dancers impressive record at Cheltenham he relished Aintree last year albeit in a weakish race.

Can something beat the two at Kempton? I spent most of last year trying to find something to beat Kauto Star so I think I’ll sit on the fence this time.

• Total Posts 1631

You’re entitled to your opinion, but the facts are that he’s failed 4 times now! Not disrespecting ED who would be champion in many other years, but I would rather have KS on my side, as his record says he’s the superior horse.

The facts – it was a prep at Aintree, he blundered in KG losing all chance and he didn’t get a clear run at Cheltenham

if you want to use crude methods of analysis as 0-4 then do so, i prefer more intelligent analysis

• Total Posts 2440

Exotic Dancer did well again today.

He would have done much better and got closer to Kauto Star in the Gold Cup last year if he wasn’t impeded by the loose horse when coming up the hill towards the finish line.

• Total Posts 90

"empty wallet":6zuy6x8f wrote:

/quote]

The facts – it was a prep at Aintree, he blundered in KG losing all chance and he didn’t get a clear run at Cheltenham

if you want to use crude methods of analysis as 0-4 then do so, i prefer more intelligent analysis

Seem to remember Kauto trying to uproot the last in the KG and that didn’t stop him!

As for analysis, I will concede ED is the equal of KS when he equals the score and will even say he’s the better horse when the the score goes to 5-4 :lol:

You would think I called ED a donkey with your over overreaction :?

Kalidor
    • Total Posts 96

EW, as crude as it is you can’t change the fact that it’s 4-0 to KS over ED. Very few horses run a perfect race or have a clear run so it’s easy to make excuses for them (hitting fences, being impeded, if only there was another few yards etc). Today was a great run for ED but once again he came up short.

One thing we should be pleased about is that based on today’s performances we’re in for a cracking KG and GC.

• Total Posts 1631

Blue Brazil

Your post of 0-4 implies that KS is superior when in fact he is not as my explanation and today shows

All i’ve done is try to explain to you the facts as they really are and If that comes across as an overreaction then you not reading it properly

Or could it be me not explaining properly :shock:

• Total Posts 1631

It’s ferking crude no matter how you put it and absolutely useless in the assessment of the ability of either Kauto Star or Exotic Dancer

Like i say, if people want to use such crude measures for analysis, then i wish em all the best

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

I’m chuffed to bits with Kauto. He never won as easily as I hoped but jumped very well, did it the hard way in a false run race and still came out on top.

I doubt very much ED will ever get as near again. The race was run to suit him had still didn’t do the business.

Looks like the King George could now be a formality and unless something improves out of recognition The Gold Cup could end up just being a stage performance by Kauto.

Kalidor
    • Total Posts 96

It’s ferking crude no matter how you put it and absolutely useless in the assessment of the ability of either Kauto Star or Exotic Dancer

Like i say, if people want to use such crude measures for analysis, then i wish em all the best

EW, if they ever award a King George or Gold Cup to a horse based on "what could have been if…." then I’m sure Exotic Dancer will get one! :lol:

• Total Posts 1631

/quote]

EW, if they ever award a King George or Gold Cup to a horse based on "what could have been if…." then I’m sure Exotic Dancer will get one! :lol:

FFs, grow up

Kalidor
    • Total Posts 96

/quote]

FFs, grow up

Couldn’t resist mate – you seemed to be taking it so seriously :wink:

• Total Posts 1631

[

Couldn’t resist mate – you seemed to be taking it so seriously :wink:

Thats because i actually take horse racing and it’s discussion seriously and comments like that just get on my tits tbh

Viewing 17 posts - 120 through 136 (of 190 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.