The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Betfair Chase 2007

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Betfair Chase 2007

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 190 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 1631

Himself

If the horse that won 2006 Betfair Chase, Tingle Creek turns up, i’ll do my dosh, but imo that horse has not been seen the last 4 starts

Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

Himself

If the horse that won 2006 Betfair Chase, Tingle Creek turns up, i’ll do my dosh, but imo that horse has not been seen the last 4 starts

I accept that. His later performances were not as eye catching or as authoritive as they were in those two, but I reckon he’s still the one they all have to beat on saturday.

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

Am I reading you correctly Empty.

Are you saying Kauto wasn’t right when he won the Gold Cup?

Surely not?

• Total Posts 1631

I accept that. His later performances were not as eye catching or as authoritive as they were in those two, but I reckon he’s still the one they all have to beat on saturday.

Totally agree m8 and hopefully that will help FoF in understanding what i meant

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

He wasn’t the same horse in the King George? :?

• Total Posts 1631

KG was a worse performance than GC for both Kauto Star and Exotic Dancer as neither jumped anywhere near as good as they did at Cheltenham

Racing Demon would probably have been beaten double that in GC by both horses imo

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9300

Whatever happens lets just hope that we get a great race with Kauto Star at his brilliant best and with no injuries to horses or jockeys……thats the only result that I want at this moment in time.

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

IT’s all relative to what you are racing against is it not? I agreed he looked a better horse in those two races, but the truth is he wasn’t. At least not according to his trainer who I think would know. better than us.

His best performance came in the Gold Cup he wasn’t skipping past a single oponent. He came round a wall of good horses, after jumping the second last and nothing could live with him. That was an awesome display of acceleration.

Perhaps you know how this could be checked out but I am told he covered that distance from the 2nd last to the winning post in an exceptionally fast time…………apparantly 3 or 4 seconds faster than Best Mate did in any of his wins. Correct or not it was still some prerforamnce for a horse so young.

Last time out is totally irrelevant and on Saturday he will strip much fitter ( don’t need to be a genius to work that one out with what’s at stake)

If Solzen beats him or runs him close, one things for sure, we are in for a real treat at Kempton …..I personally don’t think he will get within a 7lbs of him this season and neither will anything else.

Incidentally I see he has been left in the Hennesssy…..shame the Hennesssy doesn’t attract the real superstars these days. Would be nuts to run Kauto in that giving away that much weight.

Mind you it wouldn’t be the first time a horse carrying a huge weight was withdrawn on the morning of the race leaving his stable companion quids in at the weights, with so many then being out of the H’cap.

They wouldn’t would they :lol:

• Total Posts 1631

IT’s all relative to what you are racing against is it not? I agreed he looked a better horse in those two races, but the truth is he wasn’t.

It is – I’m not sure how you work out GC was a better performance than Betfair Chase or Tingle Creek though, however, performances and race interpretation are subjective, so we’ll have to agree to disagree on that one.

I also disagree with the thinking that KS ran to near his best in Old Roan Chase

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

To be honest I just want to see Saturday come and go.
    I hope for racing sake he improves 7 or 8lbs this season and stops misssing the odd fence out. Racing needs champions and he might just be the one………..there ya go he’s got a new name "The One" ok Jet sue me see if I care :lol:

If he doesn’t reach the heights i think he will, I won’t be too perturbed as I have seen Arkle, Muhammad Ali and Jessica Alba all in one lifetime and that is enough to make anyone happy ……….Let’s hope I can add Kauto to my exclusive club by the end of this season.

• Total Posts 1631

Just noticed Simon Rowlands is wading into Kauto Star

gotta finish second now :D

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

IT’s all relative to what you are racing against is it not? I agreed he looked a better horse in those two races, but the truth is he wasn’t. At least not according to his trainer who I think would know. better than us.

Why would Nicholls know better? At one time he was convinced he was a two-miler who needed good ground!

trackside528
    • Total Posts 137

Got the feeling Kauto Star was possibly coming to the end of his tether near the end of last year’s (slowly run) Gold Cup, but he shaped to me as if he wanted a stiffer test last time at Aintree (even Nicholls was surprised how lazy he raced).. possibly just rust I suppose, but I thought he shaped like he wanted a stiffer test..

Nicholls did say he strengthened up considerably over the summer..

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Why would Nicholls know better? At one time he was convinced he was a two-miler who needed good ground!

Grassy

What on earth gives you that idea?
    Fair enough, he was trained at one time for the Champion Chase, but so were a number of previous Gold Cup winners. Nothing to do with trainer incompetence imo, but simply teaching a horse to jump at speed.

• Total Posts 190

Can’t understand the pricing up of this race. Exotic Dancer almost 9/1 on b/f? MWDS has traditionally needed his comeback run, so very surprised to see him as 2nd fav. If anything is going to beat the fav, I think it’ll be Exotic – didn’t Jonjo indicate that he thought a bog would be the only chance of beating KS?

If the rain continues….

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3762

Seven declared :

Beef or Salmon, Exotic Dancer (Geraghty), Kauto Star (Thomas), My Way De Solzen, Offshore Account, Ollie Magern, Turpin Green.

Current official going report – good to soft, going stick 6.1

AP

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

Grassy

What on earth gives you that idea?
    Fair enough, he was trained at one time for the Champion Chase, but so were a number of previous Gold Cup winners. Nothing to do with trainer incompetence imo, but simply teaching a horse to jump at speed.

Er…….I was only ars*eing around, reet. 8)

PS. I backed Exotic Dancer earlier in the week. Like aphardy and others, I can’t understand how he was a double-figure price.

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 190 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.