The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Bet365 Handicap Chase (Ascot) 2021

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Bet365 Handicap Chase (Ascot) 2021

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2696

Good boy Bobby looks a really good bet to me here

Most of his novice season form suggests to me he’s got a good few lbs in hand off 144

He finished a head 2nd to brewinupastorm (who also looks a knocking bet in the handicap hurdle at taunton) who is rated 148

He finished 2 lengths 2nd to mister fisher who he was giving 5lbs too, he is now rated 162

Then this season he finished a well beaten second behind master tommytucker but 18 lengths clear of dashel dasher who is in this race too and has to give good boy bobby 8lb

The change to more patient tactics didnt work in the caspian caviar so hopefully he will be ridden prominently tomorrow

Wouldnt surprise me at all if he goes off shorter than the 5/1 currently available

Istabraq
    Participant
    • Total Posts 314

Dashel Drasher @ 7/1

TakeYourTime
    Participant
    • Total Posts 126

Took a chance on Acting Lass at 16/1. Pulled up on seasonal debut but ran better than the result suggests. Has had wind surgery since and won this race in 2018.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16445

Dashel Drasher a notebook horse of mine this year, and very happy with how he done it last time. I’ve every confidence he’ll the best horse in the race long term, but this is much tougher. His mark looks high enough right now, but I just like him a lot, and he should be there. Very happy with 7’s, but an outside chance of beating that, so I’m holding on.

Last years winner Domaine De L’Isle is dangerous off this mark, but did look to sulk last time. Good Boy Bobby is another obvious danger.

If all the meetings go ahead tomorrow, it’ll be too busy a day to have another in this, but if any meetings fall by the wayside, I’d be very happy to have Jerrysback too. Hopefully he’s back as good as ever.

Dashel Drasher

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2691

Good Boy Bobby ew 5 places

Coneycard
    Participant
    • Total Posts 43

Dashel Drasher for me too. I can definitely see the case for Good Boy Bobby.

I’ve backed Windsor Avenue a few times in the past and he’s become something of a cliff horse for me so with me having decided not to today, watch out for a big run there. :yes:

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 941

Aww coney follow him off the cliff with me ….Ellison keeps telling us hezs the 2nd coming ,hopefully today is the day , I’ve played jerrysback to

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2696

“who also looks a knocking bet in the handicap hurdle at taunton”

Well I got that one right hopefully good boy bobby runs half as well as brewinupastorm

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2691

Wd winners. Tough horse.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2696

Good boy bobbys jumping has gone to pieces

He was a very good jumper but he’s walloped every fence

Wd done dashel dasher backers

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 941

That was gutsy , good run by the 2nd off a big weight and jerrsback wasn’t exactly knocked about in 3rd , he’s going to have his day soon

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3774

WD everyone on DD, bet you enjoyed that Bobby, a proper bold front running performance round a tough course, even somebody on the second would have admired that!

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16445

Cheers Grass, he’s a cracker of a horse, loved that.

Coneycard
    Participant
    • Total Posts 43

Well done folks :good:

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.