The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Bet365 Gold Cup 2024

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Bet365 Gold Cup 2024

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1593

I was a little reluctant to have early antepost bets in this, esp with Punchestown next week and possibility of Irish-trained late withdrawals, but i have gone with 2 early punts.

The Goffer 33s
    Annual Invictus 25s
    :good:

• Total Posts 14921

Had a long look at a backup for Minella Cocooner (assuming he goes)

Added my old pal The Goffer, who really surprised me at Aintree, having cooled on him beforehand.

If he/they don’t go, then not sure what to do. Le Milos has an obvious look to him, while Kitty’s Light must have a huge chance.

Of the outsiders, the 50’s for Sam Brown is nuts, but I’m hoping to see him head to Punchestown, while as daft as it sounds, I could actually make a case for Courtland and Magna Sam at 66’s, 80’s

Minella Cocooner 28’s
    The Goffer 33’s EW

Participant
    • Total Posts 31975

Glad you’ve done him each way VTC. For me, The Goffer will only ever be a possible place only bet. The amount of times he’s travelled well into a race and then found little in the finish – whether it’s at 3 miles or 3m4f.

Value Is Everything
    GM23
    Participant
    • Total Posts 405

Should’ve took the 6s on Kittys as he’s short enough now at 4s. Will wait to see if he drifts on the day.

My current 2 :
    Minella Cocooner at 11s
    Does he Know at 34s

Participant
    • Total Posts 2162

Amirite
    Kitty’s Light
    Minella Cocooner

VF x

Participant
    • Total Posts 31975

An interesting one is Le Milos. If back in the form that saw him win the 2022 Coral Gold Cup off a mark of 146 (is 149 here) would stand a good chance… But is he still capable of that? Next time out was odds-on at Kelso, going really easily into the lead some way out there, but tied up on the run-in and finished out on his feet. Then ran in last year’s Grand National (12/1). Three out looked promising… maybe he didn’t stay? Or was there more to his finishing effort? In the end beaten 35 lengths off a mark of 152…

Has since run in three hurdles races this season. Seemingly getting the typical Skelton treatment in the first two, not being put under much pressure. But in the Pertemps Hurdle last time out appeared to have a chance on the home turn but seemingly forgot what to do when asked for his effort. imo Found little.

If I remember rightly he was in the betting for the Ultima before they chose the Pertemps… And was also entered in the Grand National. For a horse that did so well over fences up to Newbury and at the time looked capable of better… Bit surprising they’ve been playing games with him over the smaller obstacles this term.

So… Is he going to return to his best? Or does he just not show the same gusto since that Kelso experience?

Going into Sandown – would you rate Le Milos on his Newbury form? :unsure:
    Suspect whatever happens in the betting market will show us more.

Value Is Everything
    Autumnal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 573

I think that Flash De Touzaine is a big old price at 100/1. He doesn’t deliver that often, but he’s a few pounds off his mark when he was third at Ayr. Although it would worry me that he won’t go, with options for him next week for sure, I’ve had a bet for interest already

Tizaaards Cider
    Participant
    • Total Posts 628

Kinondo Kwetu has cost me more than I care to remember this season. I’ve backed him on each occasion he’s ran. Cheltenham and Aintree.

I’m going in again here. He will love the better ground and I think he needs the step up in trip.

16’s good enough for me.

• Total Posts 14921

Autumnal, I like that Flash De Touzaine shout. Got a few things going for him here, and the 100’s swayed me too.

Decided to also add my old pal Sam Brown. In great form, and the price just looks wrong to me.

I’ve just decided to go for it here with three, as last big one here. Not worried about the Galvin Antepost, as just a token gesture, but bit more on Ontheropes, so will definitely look to claw back stakes at some point

Flash De Touzaine 100’s EW5Pls
    Minella Cocooner 28’s
    Sam Brown 33’s

Participant
    • Total Posts 1703

It’s unoriginal and it’s very much a case of my heart ruling my head, but it’s got to be Kitty’s Light for me. I’m not concerned about his Aintree run. I don’t think it was any harder a race than his Scottish National win last year and unlike at Aintree he’ll be getting conditions to suit.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1593

With The Goffer not running i’ve added
    Courtland 66s each way.
    PP have him at 80s but limit stakes, for me, to £2 e/w – pathetic!

Participant
    • Total Posts 31975

Gone in again for Kittys Light @ 6.2.
    Already on Minella Cocooner @ 20’s
    Backed Sam Brown at 43/1 down to 33/1
    Had savers on Le Milos, Amirite and Enrilo @ 9/1, 10/1 and 40.

My 100% Book:
    Kittys Light 21% between 7/2 and 4/1
    Minella Cocooner 12.5% 7/1
    Le Milos 12% 15/2
    Amirite 12% 15/2
    Nick Rockett 10.5% 17/2
    Threeunderthrufive 6.75% 14/1
    Sam Brown 4.25 22/1
    Kinondo Kwetu 4% 25/1
    Weveallbeencaught 3.5% 28/1
    Enrilo 3.25% 28/1
    Annual Invictis 3% 33/1
    Certainly Red 1.5% 66/1
    Does He Know 1.25% 80/1
    Aimee Desjy 1.25% 80/1
    Slipway 1% 100/1
    Rapper 0.75% 132/1
    Flash Collonges 0.75% 132/1
    Bangers And Cash 0.3% 300/1
    Fortesque 0.25% 400/1
    Courtland 0.2% 500/1

Value Is Everything
    Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7351

The flat boys (Ryan Moore) saying ground good to soft nearer to soft. And 4mm rain due in the morning.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1593

“The flat boys (Ryan Moore) saying ground good to soft nearer to soft. And 4mm rain due in the morning.”

Yes Mike, slightly concerning for me. My 2 choices look like they prefer better ground, although Annual Invictus did win 3 on the bounce on soft or heavy, in his early days.

Participant
    • Total Posts 31536

Sam Brown 25’s at this early stage.
    I’d like to see held up, was a strange ride at Aintree

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 2162

Added Courtland also

VF x

Participant
    • Total Posts 7293

I’ll go for Rapper 20/1 e/w 1/5 5 places for this one. He looked a sick horse when pulling up at Kelso in the autumn but has clearly recovered, ran a very decent race at Ascot in February and was going well enough when coming down at Cheltenham. Track and conditions shouldn’t present a problem.

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.