The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Best jockey available?

Home Forums Horse Racing Best jockey available?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Fran the manFran the man
    Participant
    • Total Posts 403

Joseph O’ Brien has been given the plum ride on S.N.A in the King George the weekend. No harm to the young lad as he is very promising but surely at least half a dozen better jockeys available,Murtagh,Fallon,Jimmy Fortune,Eddie Ahern,Fran Berry,Soumilon,Lemaire,Smullen….

If i had an Ante post bet on S.N.A i would be none too pleased at this at all :roll:

yeatsyeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2925

It’s nothing to do with punters who ride horses, just owners and trainers. If some punters don’t wish to be "caught" out by this sort of thing maybe they should just wait till final decs.

Fran the manFran the man
    Participant
    • Total Posts 403

It’s nothing to do with punters who ride horses, just owners and trainers. If some punters don’t wish to be "caught" out by this sort of thing maybe they should just wait till final decs.

This is indeed true but if there were no ante post bets placed then Betfair wouldn’t have the money to be funding these type of races (think betfair are a main sponsor for the race)!

There should be consideration given to the punter because of this in my eyes,Betfair need us,the race needs sponsors…

del_boy
    • Total Posts 389

yes there are plenty of better jockeys than job, but i guess its irrelevant who rides sna really, because it wont win.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.